Luis Nani | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cina

Nani was clearly out of favour with SAF, for whatever reason, be it his contract, or the fact that maybe SAF just didn't value him as a player, or both, but with SAF off and Moyes coming in, is there a potential turnaround?

I guess it's hard to know, he doesn't really strike me as a Moyes type player either though, I think he shares the same principles as SAF, he'd rather a stronger defensive winger like Valencia or Young, but still, maybe he rates Nani higher than SAF would, maybe SAF retiring could be a blessing in disguise for Nani?

Obviously I'd love to keep him, for me, it eliminates the need to get another winger and means we can focus on other areas (midfield!), I'm sure some will agree, and many won't, because he's the biggest case of marmite on this forum!

steeeb

With Zaha coming in, I think he'll go.

I would be willing to give him one last chance, but to me he doesn't seem as keen to impress as before - his heart doesn't seem that in to it, he seems distracted. Okay, that could be down to contract/SAF etc.. But still...

I think he'll be off.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
You can't say he's not a Moyes type of player though. Moyes would have sucked you off to bring someone of Nani's ability into Evertons set up. If he starts the season and get't games under his belt, that could be enough. I don't think it hinders it. I think Nani was off. Now? Don't know.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
With a new manager I would definitely like us to keep him. If players like Valencia and Young can get another year, then why not give Nani another chance. Especially now since we might be losing Rooney as well. Its not going to be easy to sell all these players and find replacements straight away and then make gel with the squad.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
The change of manager should mean nani sticks around for another season at least. Means he can stay at the club, basically with a fresh start really. We don't know what the new manager will have in mind, so really if I was a player I'd be looking to hang around for the new season to work out if you enjoyed working under the new guy at all. If not, then looking to move on.

steeeb

The change of manager should mean nani sticks around for another season at least. Means he can stay at the club, basically with a fresh start really. We don't know what the new manager will have in mind, so really if I was a player I'd be looking to hang around for the new season to work out if you enjoyed working under the new guy at all. If not, then looking to move on.
How long is on his current contract?

I think it may be the case that he signs or he goes otherwise we'll lose him for very little. Regardless of who the manager is.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I would be willing to give him another chance as we know he is a quality player and is more than capable. It's not like Anderson where he's only shown glimpses; he has had some superb spells here and some very good seasons. His heart hasn't really been in it lately, but I'm hoping he perhaps is spurned on to prove himself to a new manager as one last chance before going. Still, if I was a betting man at the moment then I would struggle to say he's going to stay.

Anduin

I think if we keep Nani he could be one of the key players in David's first side. Moyes seems to like technical players who do not hug the touchline but come inside on the wing, so Nani will get his chance IMO. We all know what he's capable of, hopefully Moyes gives him a chance.

Varun

Staff
Hopfully Moyes values him higher than SAF. I'd love to see him stay as we wont need to buy a winger then.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Moyes will surely start with a fresh slate, he will see who he fancies and if he likes Nani he will give him a chance.

If Nani really wants to stay here and make a name for himself now is his chance.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
How long is on his current contract?

I think it may be the case that he signs or he goes otherwise we'll lose him for very little. Regardless of who the manager is.
His current contract expires in 2014, so it is definitely going to be a case of him signing or leaving for not as much as a lot of us would have liked.

Got no idea what will happen to Nani now but personally I would want him to stay.

LR7

Moyes will surely start with a fresh slate, he will see who he fancies and if he likes Nani he will give him a chance.

If Nani really wants to stay here and make a name for himself now is his chance.
Can he afford to do this though with Nani's contract running into the last year? I doubt it. This appointment (if it happens - hoping it doesn't) won't be as much a surprise to Moyes as it is to us. He'll have been watching the goings on here and he'll have at least an idea of what he's going to do I'm sure.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Moyes or whoever will no doubt want a couple of their own signings in the squad, and we are pretty stocked at the moment. Unless the new man rates Nani highly he'll probably one to make way.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can he afford to do this though with Nani's contract running into the last year? I doubt it. This appointment (if it happens - hoping it doesn't) won't be as much a surprise to Moyes as it is to us. He'll have been watching the goings on here and he'll have at least an idea of what he's going to do I'm sure.
Well Nani is still contracted to us, why bin off a player who is still being paid for a whole year if he is better than you already have?.

I feel that if Nani was given first team football regularly, he would be more than happy to resign.

Its no suprise that Young/Valencia being first choice over Nani has put him in a tricky situation.

LR7

Fwiw I want Nani to stay here and sign a new contract and be given a run of games to find form. He's one of our most exciting players and with a manager coming in not exactly known for exciting football players like Nani could make the transition easier.

But isn't it known that at 2 years we expect players to sign a new contract or look to move them on before risking losing them cheap/free when the contract runs down? I can't see Moyes ignoring that to give Nani a go for a season. Moyes could really like though for all we know.

wr8_utd

:'(
New manager, new start. I don't think Moyes would want to lose someone of his quality. I can see him getting a chance to prove himself again and I think he will now that Fergie is gone and he'll get his chances and not get dumped to the bench everytime he has an average game.

Cina

I wonder, seeing as Fergie probably knew he was going to retire, that that's why he didn't particularly give a shit about giving Nani game time, seeing as it was no benefit to him to play someone who he doesn't rate as highly as (an off form) Valencia, especially with him likely to be off.

I want him to see this as a fresh start. He can prove to the new man that he deserves to be starting games regularly. Nani in form and full of confidence would work wonders in our team.

Bape

I would be more than happy if we kept him and gave him one more chance. He could be the solution to our wing problem if he plays himself back into form.

Revan

Assumptionman
I don't think that the situation has changed that much.

If he'll sign a new contract, he'll stay here and compete with our other shitty wingers for a spot.

If he doesn't he will go.

Hopefully he will stay here, cause he is our best winger and one of our most creative player. Also, if Moyes somehow decides to play attacking fluid football, Nani is one of the best in our squad for it.

LR7

Probably more bullshit but SSN have said they'd heard talk of a mass clear out at the club starting with Rooney, Nani and Anderson.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
We should follow suit on the caf. Pogue retires, causing much pain and confusion, and in the aftermath we throw out the rubbish.

Dominos

I hardly think David Moyes is a coach Nani would be prepared to change his mind about leaving for, personally. He's off.

The Neviller

You just know he's going to be a class player at whatever club he inevitably ends up at. I think he's off, sadly. You wonder what actually happened there, because there was a spell where he looked like the penny had dropped and he was going to be a real force for us.

Brophs

The One and Only
If he gets the deal he wants and Moyes tells him he'll get regular football, I'd be surprised if he doesn't want to stay. But then again, it might be the case that Fergie or Gill will brief him about what's gone on with the negotiations etc. and he'll decide to stick to the line we've been maintaining until now, in which case it looks likely he might be off.

Dominos

Based on?
He's already been pushed aside by one angry Scotsman...

Seriously though, you don't think it would be much more likely he'd be keen to stick around had we appointed Mourinho as oppose to Moyes? It stands to reason he'd be more inclined to do a u-turn on his decision to leave had we appointed one of the highest rated, succeessful managers in the game, an appointment that would scream out domestic and European success rather than one that simply screams out "stability".

Status
Not open for further replies.