Luis Nani | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raw

Just what happened to him? I keep waiting for him to come out and show that amazing form he showed years back and it just won't happen :(

ottosec

He's our best winger, but the problem is that eh can't play any position in this system we play. I expect him to leave this summer.

Sam

Am I allowed into the 'officially given up on Nani' group now please?

caid

Thought he did ok in his time on the pitch
Was a strange sub. Did he pick up a knock or something?

mancan92

I used to love nani and really hoped this would be his rebirth but he just isnt there mentally anymore. You can look at all the other players who look hungry to impress but he just clearly doesnt have the dire anymore.

Mersault

Thought it was a harsh sub. Made me think it's a foregone conclusion that he's off. I am still rooting for him and for him to take to Van Gaal's methods.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If he does leave (and I would've thought it was likely even before today's game) then he certainly can't say he wasn't given his chance at the club. He just isn't as good as we hoped he could be, simple as.

Right now he's a very disposable winger in a team that isn't currently playing with wingers...

FromTheBench

Where's all his pace gone?...Slow as a snail thesedays.
I thought i was the only one to have noticed this.

He was pretty quick and has lost that burst. He barely takes on players these days either. Just is ponderous in his play at best making space for a cross/shot.

Blue always red

I didn't think he was bad. Had very nice link-up with Kagawa and Young, missed a decent opportunity but all players do. We needed a striker on because there was nobody for the midfielders to pass to centrally and it was all happening out wide. Couldn't take Young off because nobody else we had on could have played LWB so it did make sense to take Nani off.

He's got a 5 year contract so we'll either get decent money for him or he'll be rejuvenated under LVG. Win/Win really.

Status
Not open for further replies.