Luka Jovic - Real Madrid player

Wayne's World

What a finish by him. Think we should be looking at him as a player who could challenge Rashford and Lukaku up-front

onemanarmy

Just scored at the San Siro. So how good is he?

Only 21 years old, 15 goals in the Bundesliga. Seems destined for a big money transfer this summer.
Belgian pundit says he's Barcelona bound. He's probably just guessing though.

NoPace

Abidal is at the game scouting him for Barca. Could be some truth behind that.
With Alcacer gone and Suarez turning 33 halfway through next season, it makes sense for Barca to sign a young 9 who can backup Suarez next year and learn and then be the man in the 20/21 season.

Asking Suarez to produce in his age 33.5-34.5 season is asking a lot, and he's only got 4 goals in 25 CL games over the past 3 years, though he looked classy against Lyon.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
What's so great about that? Just outmuscles the CB and lobs the keeper well.
De Vrij being slower than Mata also helps! Nice finish with it being early too, but it just highlights why you're not allowed to let the ball bounce as a defender.

Woeful defending but a cool finish by Jovic.

mav_9me

They’re certainly well run. Unless Real gets it together, it could be a dominant spell for them domestically.
As long as they have Messi they'll be fine. Once he is done though they are going to be like every other club. There won't be any dominant spells.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
If we hadn't Aubameyang and Lacazette i'd go for tim immediately. Every ball he touches it is basically a goal.

passing-wind

He does look quality, I think we should resign Rashford to LW and rotate him with Martial there.

As good as Marcus is he's not got what it takes to be a prolific striker, we definitely need another centre forward at some point within this window or the next.

Somehow we need to find a balance that will see Greenwood's development. Lukaku is by no means good enough to play week in week out but currently he's our best St.

Marshal

Belgian pundit says he's Barcelona bound. He's probably just guessing though.
Barcelona have been watching him for few months already. They really need a replacement for Suarez, every seasons is getting slower and needs one more month to get on proper shape. Alcacer was not good enough and Jovic seems the perfect replacement. I'm not sure about his skills with pressing which is very important for Barcelona, but for sure his finishing is quite amazing, I saw all his goals and he is able to kick the ball in any position without much space. Maybe it's too early to say, but seems a great incorporation for any team, there are not many top alternatives in Europe right now.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
As long as they have Messi they'll be fine. Once he is done though they are going to be like every other club. There won't be any dominant spells.
They've got a history of having the best player under contract though. Messi, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Romario, Figo, Laudrup, Maradona, Cruyff.. Itis actually insane how they always manage to attract arguably the best player in the world, at times even the relatively undisputed.

Hawks2008

Looks a great prospect, although I find it somewhat depressing watching players coming through born in the same year as me haha

izec

We are too late i feel. Barca and Bayern are already in his ear for months. To swoop in now is pointless if we havent done already before. I dont think a striker is our priority anyway, but if you can get such a talented one, you do everything it takes.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We are too late i feel. Barca and Bayern are already in his ear for months. To swoop in now is pointless if we havent done already before. I dont think a striker is our priority anyway, but if you can get such a talented one, you do everything it takes.
Why the feck should he come here? We're all over the place

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Looks a great prospect, although I find it somewhat depressing watching players coming through born in the same year as me haha
That's perfectly fine. I find amusing/depressing when I realise that someone I idolise like Federer and is considered a tennis grandpa, is only around 3 years older than me.

zkap

Supports
Barça
Imagine Barca getting De Jong, de Ligt and Jovic in one window. Future sorted.
The transfers have really been excellent lately, and this is just part of it. Lenglet and Arthur have been amazing so far. With Dembele hopefully growing out of his injuries and Alena finding a spot for himself on the first team, we're good for the next decade.

I feel Jović would be the final piece here, he'd round the team up well. Seems like a great prospect and I like how he emphasizes power in his shots, he's more likely to just smash it into the net rather than try a finesse shot and that's what we could do with.

pascell

The transfers have really been excellent lately, and this is just part of it. Lenglet and Arthur have been amazing so far. With Dembele hopefully growing out of his injuries and Alena finding a spot for himself on the first team, we're good for the next decade.

I feel Jović would be the final piece here, he'd round the team up well. Seems like a great prospect and I like how he emphasizes power in his shots, he's more likely to just smash it into the net rather than try a finesse shot and that's what we could do with.
Trust me, you want someone who can perfect a finesse shot rather than rely on power. We have a striker who has the finesse of an arctic wagon in Lukaku and he'd be an excellent poacher in the box, if he could finesse shots more. Hopefully Ole is working with him on this, strangely he seems better at shooting with finesse on his right foot than his stronger left foot.

zkap

Supports
Barça
Trust me, you want someone who can perfect a finesse shot rather than rely on power. We have a striker who has the finesse of an arctic wagon in Lukaku and he'd be an excellent poacher in the box, if he could finesse shots more. Hopefully Ole is working with him on this, strangely he seems better at shooting with finesse on his right foot than his stronger left foot.
Usually, I would agree. I also prefer a player who can shoot with finesse than someone who relies only on power, but I feel like power is something we could really use at Barcelona now. We are known for trying to pass the ball into the net so having someone who will just smash it into goal would be welcome. I can already imagine someone like Jović putting away Messi's assists with a no-nonsense approach, just simple and powerful finishing. We need that more than we need anything else up front. We mostly have technical players, and the one who relies on power and effort is declining physically. This is why I think we could do with a powerful forward. This guy seems to have the entire package.

pascell

Usually, I would agree. I also prefer a player who can shoot with finesse than someone who relies only on power, but I feel like power is something we could really use at Barcelona now. We are known for trying to pass the ball into the net so having someone who will just smash it into goal would be welcome. I can already imagine someone like Jović putting away Messi's assists with a no-nonsense approach, just simple and powerful finishing. We need that more than we need anything else up front. We mostly have technical players, and the one who relies on power and effort is declining physically. This is why I think we could do with a powerful forward. This guy seems to have the entire package.
I agree he looks the total package, you'll have done very well if you get him for €50-60m.

pascell

He's going to be a massive hit for Barca if he signs for them, he reminds me a lot of Aguero in the way of his finishing, the power behind his shots, his clever movement to get free of defenders and the vast aarra of different type of goals he can score.

Wallez

Can anyone explain his contract situation? From what I understand, he is on a 2-year loan from Benfica to Eintracht Frankfurt, which ends this summer. Frankfurt have included an option to buy him for 6 mill euro in his loan deal. However, it seems like Jovic has a 40 million euro release clause in his Benfica contract.

Given that this is the actual situation, it is extremely likely that Frankfurt will try to use their option to buy. However, Jovic himself would have to agree on the deal before this can be signed. I would also assume that Benfica is also trying to offer him a new contract with an increased release clause, a deal that he also could reject. If clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid starts dialogue with him now, I would assume that he can reject all offers from Benfica and Frankfurt, return to his original Benfica contract with 40 mill release clause, and go to any club for 40 mill euros this summer? Another possibility would of course be that Frankfurt buys him for 6 mill euro, and include a release clause of 35 mill euro in his contract. This will both increase the chance of Jovic getting his move to a bigger club, and make Frankfurt take most of the transfer fee that would otherwise go to Benfica.

Paddy1983

Supports
Barcelona
Barcelona are in advanced talks about a 60million purchase as a suarez replacement. They have watched him many occasions this season and reports are they are very impressed.

Coutinho will be sold along with more dead wood but next season should look good for barca.

De Light also will be coming in as barca and ajax are signing some sort of partnership agreement between the two clubs. I dont know why Ajax would, but good news for Barca if we get the 2.

Can anyone explain his contract situation? From what I understand, he is on a 2-year loan from Benfica to Eintracht Frankfurt, which ends this summer. Frankfurt have included an option to buy him for 6 mill euro in his loan deal. However, it seems like Jovic has a 40 million euro release clause in his Benfica contract.

Given that this is the actual situation, it is extremely likely that Frankfurt will try to use their option to buy. However, Jovic himself would have to agree on the deal before this can be signed. I would also assume that Benfica is also trying to offer him a new contract with an increased release clause, a deal that he also could reject. If clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid starts dialogue with him now, I would assume that he can reject all offers from Benfica and Frankfurt, return to his original Benfica contract with 40 mill release clause, and go to any club for 40 mill euros this summer? Another possibility would of course be that Frankfurt buys him for 6 mill euro, and include a release clause of 35 mill euro in his contract. This will both increase the chance of Jovic getting his move to a bigger club, and make Frankfurt take most of the transfer fee that would otherwise go to Benfica.
Technically, you are correct, but practically it is the norm that the player signs the follow-up contract in advance, as soon as he joins on loan. Then the club merely needs to confirm the permanent signing before the deadline.

In this case, as soon as Eintracht exercise their option, Jović will be their player and Benfica is out of the picture.

Mikelinho

How come we are not linked to Luka? - I mean i know we have Rashford up top, but with Lukaku on the way out and Ole recently playing with 2 up front. He is ideal for us. I havent seen such good positioning for af striker in a very long time. He shoots just as good with his left as he does with his right, its insane.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I love how every player transfer thread always gets filled with

"but why would he come here, we're terrible"

He probably won't come here, but more because you don't pick United or any other English club ahead of Barcelona or Real Madrid.

After that, we are as big a draw as any other club in Europe, except for Bayern when they are looking within their own league

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
How come we are not linked to Luka? - I mean i know we have Rashford up top, but with Lukaku on the way out and Ole recently playing with 2 up front. He is ideal for us. I havent seen such good positioning for af striker in a very long time. He shoots just as good with his left as he does with his right, its insane.
United is not likely to chase a 21 year old striker because we already have Rashford and Martial in that age bracket — and there's also Greenwood coming through the ranks (and he seems to be highly rated by people in and around the club). Should we try to sign Jović? Yes, he seems to be a bit special and unlike the other forwards we have in terms of positioning, sheer determination, offering a combination of finesse and power, and consistent eye for goal as a sharpshooter. Will we try to sign Jović? Probably not, because of the reasons outlined in the first sentence — the club is very much married to the trio of Rashford, Martial and Greenwood for the foreseeable future, for better or for worse.

R'hllor

There is to much hype around him at the moment for my liking but hope for his sake and his future, he will make right choices.