Luka Jovic - Real Madrid player

Atze-Peng

Dortmund Fan
Quality player who has the body, skill and mindset to become worldclass. That being said, going with 21-22 to Real Madrid is a risk. It is quite the snakepit to be in. Let's see how Zidane is going to plan with him and deal with him when he has a bad streak.

reddev3

Reminds me of Belotti, in stature, play style and the hype he got from that season two years ago

Last edited by a moderator:

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
He seems to be a pretty well-rounded scorer, like a mini-Cristiano:

Out of his first 25 goals, 10 were by his left foot, 10 by right, and 5 headers. He's scored two more now, though I don't have the updated stats.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Quality player who has the body, skill and mindset to become worldclass. That being said, going with 21-22 to Real Madrid is a risk. It is quite the snakepit to be in. Let's see how Zidane is going to plan with him and deal with him when he has a bad streak.
If Jovic has gone to Dortmund it would have been so much better:( He would develop even more there.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
@carvajal whats going on with this guy? Is he going to get a look in.
I have to see him more, I barely have an opinion on him.
He started against Osasuna.He had two very good chances, those that can't be missed and then lost a goal with the VAR.
In that game he was incisive but also very anxious. A couple of goals sooner than later and he will free himself of the pressure(as Hazard, but his case some dribblings / assists).
Except for that game he hardly played.
Fighting Benzema's position is impossible and the 442 quite unlikely -at least at this moment of the season- so he should assume a difficult season, low weight games while trying to gain weight in the club

RoyH1

Another young player in the brink of career destruction?
He's adapting to a new country, new language, new league, new team, new teammates...new everything. He needs some time.

You also seem to be duped by the narrative that Real Madrid destroys players careers. They're no worse than we are in that regard. Plenty of players that didn't cut it in Madrid went on to have very productive careers elsewhere.

meamth

He's adapting to a new country, new language, new league, new team, new teammates...new everything. He needs some time.

You also seem to be duped by the narrative that Real Madrid destroys players careers. They're no worse than we are in that regard. Plenty of players that didn't cut it in Madrid went on to have very productive careers elsewhere.
I'm not saying Real Madrid is the leading club to destroy wonderkids career, just asking if he is the next one in line.

IMO Chelsea are worse than anyone, pre Lampard.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Not in the squad today. I wonder if he could look for a move in Jan with the Euros coming up

JoaquinJoaquin

Feel bad for him as he isn't even getting a chance against the poor teams in La Liga. Should look to move ASAP.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's not the first player to join a club and having to wait for his chance. He needs to earn his place. Got Benzema and Hazard to deal with as well as Rodrygo, Vinicius and Lucas Vasquez.

Fabinho is Liverpool's best midfielder. He didn't even get minutes in the league until GW 9.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Benzema’s been quality whenever I’ve seen him lately which probably has a lot to do with it, I heard he’s had some injury issues too.

izec

I would give him another season. Still young, but Benzema is in pretty good form since Ronaldo left.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Damn. How old is benzema? Seems like he's been around for forever
31, but he came to Madrid at 21 and outside of the Higuain-Benzema debate, never has really been out of the starting XI and has done well to stay relatively away from the physio room for too long. 10 years at the top is an eternity, especially for a polarizing striker who is often under scrutiny.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
31, but he came to Madrid at 21 and outside of the Higuain-Benzema debate, never has really been out of the starting XI and has done well to stay relatively away from the physio room for too long. 10 years at the top is an eternity, especially for a polarizing striker who is often under scrutiny.
Amazing that at the end of the day he outlasted ronaldo. Higuain. And let's not forget raul

fps

Hard to displace one of the best strikers in Europe for the past decade. I think Benzema is as underrated as they come. Jovic is clearly one for the future and he has a lot to learn before he will be ready.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Benzema’s been quality whenever I’ve seen him lately which probably has a lot to do with it, I heard he’s had some injury issues too.
He has better numbers than Ronaldo since the latter left. Which is insane.

He really is on fire at the moment.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Would they loan him to us for 6 months? Could plug a huge gap in our squad for very little outlay and Madrid get him some needed game time.

theklr

According to MEN/Bleacher report, we’ve been asking Real to keep us informed of his «transfer situation».

Might we go for him then, if they let him go?

Seems strange, but maybe there is a loan opportunity.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Benzema has been in the form of his life for the past 18 months, and doesn’t really look like letting up. Hard to see where Jovic (ever) gets a chance to prove himself for a lengthy period of time upfront. It was a really strange one for all parties involved.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He's made the same mistake Kovacic did and made this particular move too soon.

Red_toad

According to MEN/Bleacher report, we’ve been asking Real to keep us informed of his «transfer situation».

Might we go for him then, if they let him go?

Seems strange, but maybe there is a loan opportunity.
Make weight in a Pogba deal hopefully :drool:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Benzema has been in the form of his life for the past 18 months, and doesn’t really look like letting up. Hard to see where Jovic (ever) gets a chance to prove himself for a lengthy period of time upfront. It was a really strange one for all parties involved.
It's not strange to sign a young striker that should be able to lead the line when you have exactly one, albeit outstanding, 31 y.o. striker. I mean, one injury and your season is fecked otherwise. For Jovic it was more of a gamble, but he had a good hand.

crossy1686

career ending
Remember when this place was lauding Madrid's business last summer? Lapping up the fact they'd bought early and spent big on players like Jovic? Turned out well didn't it?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Remember when this place was lauding Madrid's business last summer? Lapping up the fact they'd bought early and spent big on players like Jovic? Turned out well didn't it?
It's difficult though given Jovic hasn't had a chance given Benzema has been in excellent form.

Goals in all Competitions:
Benzema - 16 goals
Rodrygo - 6 goals
Ramos - 5 goals
Toni Kroos - 3 goals
Luka Modric - 3 goals

Everyone else 2 or less.

GBBQ

I mean it did turn out well. They are second in la Liga on goal difference and are through to the next round of the Champions League. Its not much of a stick to beat them with to say they are not having to rely on a young striker with huge potential because their established striker is on top form.

Given recent comments about maybe looking at the loan market (https://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/man...ngs-in-january-says/vdskw17gmloa14eqxg7hezdav) the likelihood is we'd get hom for half a season to get him some game time. I can't see madrid giving up on him after half a season when Benzema's days are numbered.

dev1l

The grass is always greener on the other side

crossy1686

career ending
I mean it did turn out well. They are second in la Liga on goal difference and are through to the next round of the Champions League. Its not much of a stick to beat them with to say they are not having to rely on a young striker with huge potential because their established striker is on top form.

Given recent comments about maybe looking at the loan market (https://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/man...ngs-in-january-says/vdskw17gmloa14eqxg7hezdav) the likelihood is we'd get hom for half a season to get him some game time. I can't see madrid giving up on him after half a season when Benzema's days are numbered.
To be fair, it seems like Benzema's days at Madrid have been numbered for about the last 5 seasons but Ronaldo and then Zidane have insisted he stays.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
While some did go over the top with praise, one must remember that Jović is 21, Rodrygo is 18, Militão is 21 — these were talented players but not fully developed products that were expected to deliver right off the bat, and getting accustomed to the intense pressure/scrutiny at Madrid is often a steep learning curve. Not sure Wumminator style gotcha commentary is warranted in this instance.

Wrt. Jović, he was mostly a contingency plan for Benzema, who has been healthy and in exceptional form (highest scorer in La Liga and 4 goals in 5 Champions League starts) but 32 years old, so he will have to bide his time unless Benzema is injured for an extended period. Rodrygo is fitting in quite well and getting minutes as the right forward...even scored a hat-trick in the Champions League:

Hazard is gradually coming into his own after a tepid start, Militão will get more chances after being sporadically rotated with Ramos and Varane. These were positive acquisitions during an extensive rebuild where they parted ways with one of the All-Time greats — and should hold them in good stead over the coming years, along with the likes of Ødegaard (shoe-in to replace Modrić as a consummate midfield playmaker) and Valverde.