Luka Jovic - Real Madrid player

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

I'm sorry, is this true? Is Jovic really earning that weekly salary after one (half?) good season in Germany, coming to Real Madrid? That's insane, if true.

RoyH1

I'm sorry, is this true? Is Jovic really earning that weekly salary after one (half?) good season in Germany, coming to Real Madrid? That's insane, if true.

Fake news or terrible research. Jovic earns 5 million euros a season which translates to around £82K a week

flappyjay

Fake news or terrible research. Jovic earns 5 million euros a season which translates to around £82K a week
Agreed, it would be crazy if they gave him a bigger contract than the likes of Benzema before he had showed his worth

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, most of those figures seem wrong.

AaronRedDevil

:lol: Not a hope in hell hes getting that. He hasn't even proved himself yet ffs.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That makes far more sense, thank you.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Whoever made that graphic needs to learn that 180k is a lesser number than 195k and 190k.

Also according to that site mentioned as the source Jan Oblak is the 8th highest earner in football. They also have Donnarumma on higher wages than De Ligt so the numbers according to source aren't even correct.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
He might earn 5million euros a season AFTER tax but there is no chance in hell that's his total wage so you are talking about roughly 9-10 Million Euros a year which seems realistic.

RoyH1

He might earn 5million euros a season AFTER tax but there is no chance in hell that's his total wage so you are talking about roughly 9-10 Million Euros a year which seems realistic.
The figures I saw in the Spanish press were for total wages so it's before tax. Real Madrid doesn't pay that much to guys who are not team heaveyweights.

It's still a lot of money.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The figures I saw in the Spanish press were for total wages so it's before tax. Real Madrid doesn't pay that much to guys who are not team heaveyweights.

It's still a lot of money.
Spanish press generally talks about net wages. If it's not specified, it usually refers to wage after tax

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Disaster move for him.

Surely he'll be on the market in the summer,if he isn't already.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Disaster move for him.

Surely he'll be on the market in the summer,if he isn't already.
He looked decent in the super cup, or better at least.

Not sure how long Benzema out for, If he gets a decent run of games I reckon he'll start scoring.

Just big adaption to play for RM.

RoyH1

Most overrated player, he's on £340K per week, that's ridiculous.
Do yourself a favor and read the entire thread before posting or at least read the entirety of last page.

Once again the source has been shown to be terribly innacurate. Jovic earns around 82k a week, so he's nowhere near the income bracket of the players in that list.

Aouer-United

Do yourself a favor and read the entire thread before posting or at least read the entirety of last page.

Once again the source has been shown to be terribly innacurate. Jovic earns around 82k a week, so he's nowhere near the income bracket of the players in that list.

Most source I have checked, he's on 300K, less than 150K if you consider post-tax, Spanish, Italians, French, etc alway reporting post-tax wage.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Benzema is one of the most complete forwards in the world in regard of what he does for the team outside the realm of scoring. He constantly shifts out and is very good at running with the ball (compared to most #10). That makes him an extremely important outlet for Madrid.

As far as I remember his days in Frankfurt, Jovic looked deadly and very skilled in/around the box when it comes to finishing, but his contribution further away from the goal was limited and other players (like Haller) had a bigger role in these areas. I havnt watched Frankfurt play frequently but that was at least my impression. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can correct me.

If thats true, it doesn't surprise me, that he struggles, considering how much the team relies on Benzema. I think Jovic would look a lot better, when a fit and in-form Hazard is playing on the left. He started to season slow and is dealing with injuries.

RoyH1

Most source I have checked, he's on 300K, less than 150K if you consider post-tax, Spanish, Italians, French, etc alway reporting post-tax wage.
Those are all based on the same report by Sport which is a Barcelona based sports paper that is out to embarrass Madrid at every turn (Madrid based papers do it the other way around). And then Capology.com ran with that figure. His salary is "only" 5 million Euro a season plus bonuses. Madrid is strict about it's salary scale and senior players always earn more than young players in order not to ruffle any feathers

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, there’s still an absolute gunman in there somewhere. Needs to get out of Madrid and make the right move whilst he still can.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Probably not for Leicester. He might be a good fit for United (but they do not need him, because they have better players) or Arsenal (instead of Lacazette).... but it's hard to say really.... He would probably flop in England - that's at least my feeling.

RoyH1

Been reading in Spain that Madrid think that he might not have the right mentality for a top club so I don't think we should touch this with a ten foot pole. Then again, the pressure over there is brutal and we provide a more protective and sheltered environment for players.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Madrid spent 60 million for him, they'll want a lot of money in return and I don't think anyone will pay that so I can see them loaning him out

RoyH1

Madrid spent 60 million for him, they'll want a lot of money in return and I don't think anyone will pay that so I can see them loaning him out
That's the most likely alternative. I can see him going back to the Bundesliga for a season or two.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Not sure how good he is, but he is imo almost the polar opposite to Benzema in terms of style/skill-set. Madrid would have to change their system and would need Hazard to be in top form to make it work.

Pep's Suit

One of the worst transfers of all-time? Real spent €63m on Jovic only for him to score 2 goals (La Liga + Champions League) in 18 months.

RUCK4444

One of the worst transfers of all-time? Real spent €63m on Jovic only for him to score 2 goals (La Liga + Champions League) in 18 months.
Holy feck that’s woeful.

I’ve not seen him kick a ball for them, has the pressure of a big club got to him?

Pep's Suit

Holy feck that’s woeful.

I’ve not seen him kick a ball for them, has the pressure of a big club got to him?
Real Madrid signing a player from a club like Frankfurt just doesn't sound right, let's be honest.