Luka Jovic - Real Madrid player

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Bad as he has been, no striker will get any significant game-time as long as Benzema is in the club, lets be real.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Why sign Jovic and then never play him or give him any kind of real chance?

Baffling things happening at RM last few years, Perez Midas touch went to Merde!

redshaw

Still feel he's not a had good chance yet, like he's not hit the ground running at Real so they turn to others that have got the job done before, such is the pressure.

Think he'd suit a different club but could be another player who looks devastating in Germany but not so much elsewhere. I remember he had a very good understanding with Haller, I think he relies on this kind of play and sure he could do well at many other clubs.

Red00012

He hasn’t got a look in to be honest . Maybe a loan deal with regular football might help him

Sylar

Only about 20 appearances

Looking at his previous club it looks like he averages a goal evey three games (and that's due to his form at Frankfurt where he was just under a goal every two games.)

Wonder what they were expected from him

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
His record in germany wasn't that good actually, massively inflated by scoring 5 goals in one game

It's in EL were he did really well, but seriously, not ready at all. He's a Balotelli, so to speak

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I just seen it on transfer tweets page !

Good move for him.
I'm not so sure of that just yet. When he was there their winning formula was the formidable Haller, Rebic, Jovic trio. Haller as a target man, Rebic as a terrific athlete who would provide depth to their attacking moves and Jovic as the finisher, with the other two more or less doing work for him. These days Haller and Rebic are long gone however and instead they now have Andre Silva upfront, who has been doing quite well and doesn't necessarily strike me as a supporting striker.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Bad as he has been, no striker will get any significant game-time as long as Benzema is in the club, lets be real.
Yup, that's the real issue here. I wanted for us to get Werner but it might probably had gone the same way. Benzema is going to play all the time regardless of form and fitness, although it's not that I rate Jovic a lot to begin with.

flappyjay

Going the way of Piatek, remember him? I think with strikers it's always a gamble to buy them after one season of showing good form.

Pep's Suit

Was just thinking how many crap players Real signed in last few years but they're under no pressure. Even Curtouis. Is he actually any better than Navas? And add to that contract extensions for Bale, Isco or James. People act like they always sign whoever they want but they waste ridiculous amount of money. Barca's even worse but also PSG struggle in the market now, Juve gave ridiculous contracts to only ok-ish players, Bayern made some poor signings last summer, too. But only PL giants seem to be treated differently by media and all those Twitter users.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Think he'd suit a different club but could be another player who looks devastating in Germany but not so much elsewhere. I remember he had a very good understanding with Haller, I think he relies on this kind of play and sure he could do well at many other clubs.
This is a misconception. He had one good season where he scored 17 in 32 in the Bundesliga. Of those 17 he scored 5 against fecking Düsseldorf.
Hardly anything to write home about and while he certainly still is young and can become a good/great Frankfurt is surely still laughing about the fee they collected for him (and Haller/Rebic).

Nick7

Going the way of Piatek, remember him? I think with strikers it's always a gamble to buy them after one season of showing good form.
Piatek is doing ok at Hertha. He did decently well as a goal scorer when he moved to Milan, but he is useless outside of putting the ball in the net which was his problem.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
The most non Real Madrid Real Madrid player ever?
Baljic and Ognjenovic in the 90s.
Real paid 21mil€ in 99 for Baljic and 9mil for Ognjenovic both barely played for the club.
Baljic has to be one of the worst if not the worst signing ever.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Jović is good but the move to Real came too early. A bit like Dembele at Barça although latter seems to be finding his feet of late.

flappyjay

Piatek is doing ok at Hertha. He did decently well as a goal scorer when he moved to Milan, but he is useless outside of putting the ball in the net which was his problem.
Going purely on numbers he has been horrible since that season when he scored 30. I do not watch him play so my assessment is based on stats. 5 in 20 for milan in his 2nd season. Currently he has 4 in 14 for Hertha. My stats don't take in whether he is a starter or if a majority of these games were from the bench.

Nick7

Going purely on numbers he has been horrible since that season when he scored 30. I do not watch him play so my assessment is based on stats. 5 in 20 for milan in his 2nd season. Currently he has 4 in 14 for Hertha. My stats don't take in whether he is a starter or if a majority of these games were from the bench.
He’s doing ok at Hertha. Started well enough at Milan after being bought in January alongside Paqueta. I think Piatek scored 10 or 11 goals in that half season. Both him and Paqueta were awful thereafter. He was never really a striker for a “top” team. Bad purchase rather than bad player, he just doesn’t do enough on the pitch for the team Milan wanted to be. Strikes me as a very good lower level striker.

Tallis

Militao has looked ok whenever I have watched him play (he hasn’t played that much from what I understand). Surprised he hasn’t got more games - Zidane does seem to have strong likes and dislikes.

Jovic and Hazard have been disasters. The Brazilian kids experiment hasn’t really worked out well.[/QUOTE]

ExoduS

Ya can't go to Real Madrid and start banging a chick that is 10 years older than you, hot as hell but definitely psychotic and egoistic.

DuruttiColumn

Baljic and Ognjenovic in the 90s.
Real paid 21mil€ in 99 for Baljic and 9mil for Ognjenovic both barely played for the club.
Baljic has to be one of the worst if not the worst signing ever.
Baljic was a terrific player, he just got a few bad injuries and never really recovered

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Baljic was a terrific player, he just got a few bad injuries and never really recovered
21million(4th most expensive footballer at the time) for a guy who looked good in Turkish league?
Even my Bosnian classmates at the time were perplexed at what he was doing at Madrid

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think that like many madridistas I am left with the desire to see him four or five games in a row, to be able to assess whether he is really good or not.
The same happened to me with Brahim and it will happen with Militâo.
It's hard to stand out when you're playing three minutes or widely spaced matches with other substitutes.
Although when he has played it has not been spectacular either.
Off the field he seems very introverted and with many changes in his life, as women or children.
The icing on the cake is to loan him to the club that you have to pay 60m€.
Now let's wait for some goals and sell him in the next markets.
I don't think leaving on loan, playing decently and coming back is valid in his case.