Luka Modric / Signs for Real Madrid

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I've never played the transfer muppet game before but my Spurs supporting colleague has just piped up that we are suppoed to be in for Modric for £30M.

He's found something on Caughtoffside.com

Sounds like a lot of bollocks to me...

Cina

I've never played the transfer muppet game before but my Spurs supporting colleague has just piped up that we are suppoed to be in for Modric for £30M.

Naaaaaw really?

Brophs

The One and Only
I love that he 'found something on caughtoffside' when in reality it was just some bloke with internet access and a willingness to believe what some spazzer wrote.:lol:

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football

Does to me too. Harry has been sayng for months now that Modric is definitely not for sale. Fergie would never pay that for Modric either.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I want to write for this website. The most piss easy job going.

Top 3 phrases.

An inside source has revealed...
It is rumoured that...
A source close to the player has said...

All followed by a complete lack of qoute or any sort of sensible evidence.

I could have a crack at this journo lark.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I've put my house on it now Colin, if your mates wrong you're dead

davisjw

Another rumour on caught offside the other day was that Liverpool are looking to offload unsettled striker Glen Johnson.

I think that sums it up.
Double that because BBC put it in their Rumors Mill section this morning :lol:

Devil may care

Spurs wont sell Modric unless they miss out on the CL spot this year, he'd be a great buy for us. As for the price, well he cost them £16M right? so given how much he has developed I'd say you can add at least £10M on to his worth now.

stubie

I've found out Kenny Miller is going to AC Milan according to that website

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Caughtoffside is the worst site for football transfer news. Last week I read Real were going to pay 60M + a player to Tottenham for Gareth Bale. Could have just posted this in another Modric thread.

cj_sparky

How the hell is that even funny? He would walk into our side and improve it
I don't think he'd walk straight in. Anderson has hit some form, Fletch can do better, Carrick is improving and Scholes just keeps going. I'll give you that he'd be a good squad player to rotate in and out. But he wouldn't walk straight in.

£30m for a squad player is a little rich.

AttackingFlair

I think he meant the price and not the player. 30M is a little too much I think.
It's how much you pay these days, nothing humorous about it. Which other class midfielder are you going to get for under £30m?

We bought Berbatov for £30m, whether he was worth it or not, it's how the market is. Carrick was £17m, before prices inflated even more, Hargreaves £17m. Modric is clearly a better player than both Carrick and Hargreaves, so of course his price tag is going to be around a higher mark.. Anderson was 30m Euros or something? According to wikipedia anyway. Modric is further on in his development so of course he would have a price tag like that.

I don't think he'd walk straight in. Anderson has hit some form, Fletch can do better, Carrick is improving and Scholes just keeps going. I'll give you that he'd be a good squad player to rotate in and out. But he wouldn't walk straight in.

He would be more of a first team player, he'd play his way into the first eleven. Scholes is going to retire soon, Modric would be a good replacement for him. We're obviously not going to get someone like Fabregas.

RDCR07

What in the bloody bollocks is wrong with you? We don't buy a player like Modric to keep him on the bench and there is no way in hell we would even buy Modric when we still have Scholes. IF we buy Modric, then it is to replace Scholes. Modric a squad/bench player? Are you on crack?

RDCR07

We bought Berbatov for £30m, whether he was worth it or not, it's how the market is. Carrick was £17m, before prices inflated even more, Hargreaves £17m. Modric is clearly a better player than both Carrick and Hargreaves, so of course his price tag is going to be around a higher mark.. Anderson was 30m Euros or something? According to wikipedia anyway. Modric is further on in his development so of course he would have a price tag like that.
You are comparing players who play in different positions. Carrick and Hargo are more defensive midfielders while Modric is more attacking and a playmaker. Man City got Silva for less than 30M, Madrid got Ozil for less than 30M. Tottenham got VDV for less than 30M. There are players for less than 30M even today.

AttackingFlair

You are comparing players who play in different positions. Carrick and Hargo are more defensive midfielders while Modric is more attacking and a playmaker. Man City got Silva for less than 30M, Madrid got Ozil for less than 30M. Tottenham got VDV for less than 30M. There are players for less than 30M even today.
Silva, Ozil and VDV don't play central midfield, Modric does.

towcester_red

You cant play Silva, VDV or Ozil in a 2 man midfield, you can with Modric and Spurs do.