Luka Modric

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
What do we think of him?

Obviously Scholesy gives him a lot of undue credit, and I'm not sure why, but because of how much he overrates him it seems that people try to exaggerate how bad he is to compensate.

I think he's got the potential to be one of the top midfielders in the league. It's not just his close control, first touch and passing but it's his footballing brain that makes him stand out from the rest in most games.

One of those players that playing in a better team would thrive, IMO.

I'm pretty sure he'll never be a United player, but is he United quality?

Fergies Formula

He is pretty good but thats about it.

Why dont we have the same debate about.... valencia...or palacios... or anyone half decent at a second rate club!

vuc

First Team Serb
He's still learning the English game, give him next year and we will see what he can do. Best player on the pitch (along with Palacios) today. At times you could tell his team mates gave him no movement so he fizzled out in stages. I would have liked to see him attack the defence more too.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Not good enough for someone like Arsenal then, you think?
Did a good job of controlling the game against Arsenals midfield today. But then he is a better player than Song and Denilson, and if they can make it into Arsenals starting eleven...

Ekeke

Modric - He's good and will get a lot better.

Not sure how much Palacios can improve on the performance he gave today.

AttackingFlair

I think both he and Palacios would be good for a big team eventually. Not every player has to be "world class" in a top team. I wouldn't use Modric in a two man midfield though and as for Palacios, I don't see him as a strict DM, he's more box to box.

Member 5225

holy crap, is this thread serious....was just mentioning at how absolutely dire he is.....thinks he is amazing, but has done NOTHING of note for as long as I can remember, no where NEAR United quality thank you very much...

Brwned

Different players. Palacios looked shit hot today though.
I was surprised by his performance today, thought he was the standout player by a mile.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I was surprised by his performance today, thought he was the standout player by a mile.
i know. he was everywhere, i like the fact that he is actually good with the ball and not only physical, i reckon he will be a succes at spurs

Brwned

i know. he was everywhere, i like the fact that he is actually good with the ball and not only physical, i reckon he will be a succes at spurs
He'll be a massive success at Spurs no doubt, he's exactly what they needed and more.

vuc

First Team Serb
holy crap, is this thread serious....was just mentioning at how absolutely dire he is.....thinks he is amazing, but has done NOTHING of note for as long as I can remember, no where NEAR United quality thank you very much...
Not sure where you get the idea that he is that dire. Jenas - now that is a dire player. Like I said, Modric is still getting used to the English game. Rip into him next year but he has been one of the only shining lights in Spurs dismal season so far.

Member 5225

I've watched a few games, hence the judgement
Was awful today IMO
Any reasons for his 'greatness'?

MaroonPondlife

I didn't think Modric was poor but on the other hand I didn't think he was anywhere near outstanding. Christ, he was meant to be their main playmaker vs a team with 10 men for 60 mins, and they didn't score a goal, or really look like they would, bar the very end where lo & behold, little luka had that very chance but fluffed it.

Don16

Annoying cnut
He needs to bulk up alot. He seems like the type that needs a Flamini type next to him, which he doesn't really have at Spoons.

Brwned

I thought Modric was impressive in the first half, but really drifted out of the game in the second half and Palacios took control of the game.

Member 5225

I didn't think Modric was poor but on the other hand I didn't think he was anywhere near outstanding. Christ, he was meant to be their main playmaker vs a team with 10 men for 60 mins, and they didn't score a goal, or really look like they would, bar the very end where lo & behold, little luka had that very chance but fluffed it.
well that probably sums my feelings up on him very well...

Alex

Palacios would have been the perfect player for Arsenal in the current state of affairs.
I completely agree with this Arshavin is quality but not what Arsenal need in anyway, I said when his name was being bandied around would have been a top signing for Arse or Shitty

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
He is played out of position, he looks uneffective on the wing. If I were Harry I'd put him in the center with Palacios, Bentley on the right, Lennon/Taarabt/Jenas on the left. He is a little lightweight but honestly i dont see much of a difference where he plays, he was knocked around by Eboue all day on the left and got him sent off in the end.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He is played out of position, he looks uneffective on the wing. If I were Harry I'd put him in the center with Palacios, Bentley on the right, Lennon/Taarabt/Jenas on the left. He is a little lightweight but honestly i dont see much of a difference where he plays, he was knocked around by Eboue all day on the left and got him sent off in the end.
Thats why you'd never be a manager not even at pub football. Your team is struggling and you put a creative lightweight midfielder in the middle of a midfield with 2 genuine wide men! :houllier: Suppose its all about opinions at the end of the day........

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Surprised? Palacios was just doing what he's been doing at Wigan for two seasons now, not least against United. He was just as impressive at Old Trafford as he was yesterday. Beggars belief that Wenger let this bloke slip through his fingers, he is exactly what Arsenal are missing right now.

As for Modric... meh... nothing special. Will probably develop into one of the better midfielders in the league, nowhere near the best. The likes of Palacios, Arteta and Barry are all much better than him and that's without even getting into midfielders at the "big four" (how much longer before we stop using that phrase altogether?)