Luka Modric

Eddy_JukeZ

Sorry if there was an old thread, but what a performance from him.

He's not had a great season, but boy did he turn up in the final.

Been the best CM since Xavi has waned imo.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Was the man of the match tonight for me. So difficult to get the ball off.

Varun

Staff
Best CM in the world for the past few years. He's absolutely incredible.

To think Spurs had both him and Bale.
Spurs have had some REALLY good players when you stop and think about it. Berbatov, Bale, Carrick, Modric etc they seem to have a good eye for finding talent.

Greek9

Supports
Panathinaikos
Best player for Real Madrid in my opinion, i didn't know he defends so well, he was all over the place defending like a boss, and he is by far the best at his position worldwide, easily.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's a brilliant player. Performs consistently & makes it look so easy. Immense tonight.

PvsNP

He's shown signs of decline this season, but he still turns it up for big games. One of the best midfielders of all-time.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Some people didn't want him when he was at Spurs because he did not score goals. :houllier:

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Madrid have two controllers in him and Kroos, we have none.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
He was amazing tonight, especially impressive because Kroos was poor.

Irrational.

At 32, isn't he practically retired and shit by Caf standards?

He has incredible energy in his game, and he is technically excellent.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Having him and Toni Kroos in central midfield is a bit unfair.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
One of the all-time greats in his position without a doubt. If I would pick a team from scratch today he'd probably be my 2nd pick. Was very happy that Tottenham sold him but I also feel sorry for the fans because we know all too well what it's like to a sell an all-time great to Real.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Ridiculously good player and so pleasing to watch, his style is so easy on the eye.

Madrid have amassed a squad of supremely talented players, very happy that amongst all their star power Modric will forever be seen as one of the most vital pieces in the greatest Champions League team ever.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Think he is little bit declining tbf, but will still show up in the biggest games. Defensively he was superb tonight (in attack as usual).
Incredible career really, best Croatian player of all time. He will call it a day for the national team after this WC imo, which could help him continue playing at the highest level for a season or two.

Ban

No player can dictate play like him. Not one. Madrid will be in trouble once they'll need to replace him.

Ban

Think he is little bit declining tbf, but will still show up in the biggest games. Defensively he was superb tonight (in attack as usual).
Incredible career really, best Croatian player of all time. He will call it a day for the national team after this WC imo, which could help him continue playing at the highest level for a season or two.
Best player of all time for sure, surpasses Šuker too. But being Mamić's bitch will forever leave a big stain on his career imo.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Was my favourite player, and I had many arguments that he was in the same league as Xavi and Iniesta etc., was underrated for a while imo.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Can't take the balon d'or seriously if Iniesta and Modric never won it.
Iniesta and Modric are footballing legends, but I don’t think there has been a season where either of them have been better than both Messi and Ronaldo.

In this era, the Ballon Dor cannot be used to judge anyone except the main two, because they’re so far ahead it’s ridiculous.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Best player of all time for sure, surpasses Šuker too. But being Mamić's bitch will forever leave a big stain on his career imo.
It will leave a stain for many Croats and in terms of his personality.

But, if we are talking only about his football ability I can't believe how much he achieved and what career he had. To be in the conversation as the best midfielder in the last 5 years and one of the best ever in his position is unreal. And when I remember I thought that maybe I have unrealistic expectations first watching him playing (18/19 years of age)... He's been bloody brilliant, surpassed everything I imagined.

Ban

It will leave a stain for many Croats and in terms of his personality.

But, if we are talking only about his football ability I can't believe how much he achieved and what career he had. To be in the conversation as the best midfielder in the last 5 years and one of the best ever in his position is unreal. And when I remember I thought that maybe I have unrealistic expectations about him first watching him playing (18/19 years of age)... He's been bloody brilliant, surpassed everything I imagined.
To remember there was talk who's better, him or Niko Kranjčar. :lol:
One of the best midfielders ever I'd say. Incredible career.

Aboutreika18

Hope he steps up at the World Cup. Thought he was good at Euro 2008 and '12 but the last World Cup and Euros I don't remember him doing a whole lot, apart from that volley against Turkey.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Him and Kroos must be one of the best midfield partnerships I have seen in the past 15 years.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
He's incredible. He's right up there with Xavi
I disagree. Xavi and Iniesta were a class apart from any other midfielder of their generation.

Modric is absolutely brilliant though. Probably the best midfielder in the world right now and has been for a wee while.

Eddy_JukeZ

I think Modric is somewhat comparable to Iniesta.

Definitely a tier below Xavi though.

RoyH1

Amazing player. The complete midfielder Him, Cristiano, Marcelo and Ramos are the indispensable foursome that has won these 4 CL’s for RM