Lukaku: Aguero successor

Mr. Ant

I think Pep would be more interested in Lautaro than Lukaku but who knows. How much would Inter want for Lukaku?

I seriously doubt they will pay 100 mil for him considering City will win the title without playing actual striker this season.

padr81

Supports
Man City
You don't believe Jesus is at the level of those players surely? He's a good squad option but I think it's clear you'll want to replace Aguero despite what Pep says. If Jesus was that good why not use him and promote Delap or something.
Nope, he's not even close, my point was the "couldn't finish in Scarlett Johannson" nonsense which is hugely untrue, he's nowhere near those players but he's a decent striker with an excellent strike rate.

Last edited:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yep that one. He's shite. And I think your stats are probably wrong, not that it matters if you've watched Jesus.
You should tell Pep and Tite, I'm sure they'd be happy to learn from you.

padr81

Supports
Man City
:lol: :lol:

You're right, this isn't his first season, but he's got 8 in 22 THIS season,

Are you seriously trying to rank Jesus amongst the top premiership strikers? If so you are seriously deluded ( he has a lower goals per game ratio than Lukaku in the league for example).

Have you ever questioned why he's never been first choice even when Aguero is injured?

Come back when Jesus has scored 100 premiership goals....you'll be waiting a while!
I didn't rank him anywhere near them you numpty, maybe try reading instead of posting laughing emoji's while talking nonsense. I said he has a similar/better scoring rate which makes Two Sheds original post nonsense.

You do realise he's got 49 already and he's 24. Whats it gonna take him at his current scoring rate another 7k minutes... Won't be that long.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I didn't rank him anywhere near them you numpty, maybe try reading instead of posting laughing emoji's while talking nonsense. I said he has a similar/better scoring rate which makes Two Sheds original post nonsense.

You do realise he's got 49 already and he's 24. Whats it gonna take him at his current scoring rate another 7k minutes... Won't be that long.
You said he has a goal every 136 mins or something which is quite patently wrong, not just this season, or just across his entire time at City, but in fact also across his entire career. He scores at significantly less than 1 in 2 in the best team in the league and you're trying to tell me he has a better goal record than Shearer. Just not even remotely true.

padr81

Supports
Man City
You said he has a goal every 136 mins or something which is quite patently wrong, not just this season, or just across his entire time at City, but in fact also across his entire career. He scores at significantly less than 1 in 2 in the best team in the league and you're trying to tell me he has a better goal record than Shearer. Just not even remotely true.
Its not wrong. Its 100% right. 81 goals in 11k minutes at City. Do the math.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/gab...verein=281&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

If you can't back up your nonsense don't accuse other people of lying.

Shearer has 260 goals in 38195 minutes (PL numbers only) 147 minutes per PL goal. (I don't have an all comps one for Shearer to compare).
Jesus has 49 goals in 6934 minutes... 141 minutes per PL goal.

Found Shearer in all comps. 50k minutes, 321 goals. 1 goal every 155 minutes.

Last edited:

TwoSheds

padr81

Supports
Man City
We're counting charity shields and whatnot are we? Ok :lol:

Tell you what, come back to me when he hits 30 goals in the league will you? Or even 20. Then you can compare him to Alan Shearer.
I gave you PL numbers... I'll bold it so you can follow.
Jesus 1 goal every 141 minutes,
Shearer 1 goal every 147 minutes.
Kun 1 goal every 108 minutes

I just put Kun in there to show that Shearers time per goal is not actually that impressive in the grand scheme of things.
No one is saying Jesus is the better player, but he has the better goals per minute record both in the PL and in all comps. You are making shit up to say anything else.

TwoSheds

I gave you PL numbers... I'll bold it so you can follow.
Jesus 1 goal every 141 minutes,
Shearer 1 goal every 147 minutes.
Kun 1 goal every 108 minutes

I just put Kun in there to show that Shearers time per goal is not actually that impressive in the grand scheme of things.
No one is saying Jesus is the better player, but he has the better goals per minute record both in the PL and in all comps. You are making shit up to say anything else.
Check Shearer's teams' points per game and compare them to your lot. Plus you're comparing 24 year old Jesus to 36 year old Shearer on top of that.

The interesting thing about Jesus' goals per minute stat in the PL is it seems to get worse the older he gets.

Aguero is class, comparable to Shearer but even he has the benefit of playing for much stronger teams and now that he's shite he doesn't play, where Newcastle had to wheel Shearer out regardless of how old or injured he was. Good for his overall goal tally of course but bad for his goals per minute.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

So at this rate we'll be waiting another FOUR years before he hits 100 goals....yeah not that long eh!!?!

You were adding him on top of a list of top strikers in the premiership so yeah I'd say you were comparing him to them!

Red Royal

No doubt he has done great at Inter, but if he steps back into the EPL we will surely again see the same decent but not world class striker that we had at OT.

Varun1

No doubt he has done great at Inter, but if he steps back into the EPL we will surely again see the same decent but not world class striker that we had at OT.
Alexis, Young and Darmian have been decent for Inter. Says a lot imo.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We used him in a totally wrong way under Jose. By the time Ole came in he wanted out. If we had fed him in the box he would have scored plenty and we wouldn’t have had to sign all these stopgaps. We got lucky Cavani is still so good and nobody else gambled on him before we finally moved. Typical enough management at United under the glazers. One step forward and 2 back…

Last edited:

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
We used him in a totally wrong way under Jose. By the time Ole came in he wanted out. If we had fed him in the box he would have scored plenty and we wouldn’t have had to sign all these stopgaps. We got lucky Cavani is still so good and nobody else gambled on him before we finally moved. Typical enough management at United under the glazers. One step forward and 2 back…
Mate stop please :lol:

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

They call Smalling 'Smaldini' over there. Young, Darmian and Sanchez stand out in Italy.

One of the best recent bits of business United have done selling Lukaku to Inter. Makes no difference to the strength of City if he joins them imo.

Tarrou

I wouldn't mind him going to City, he doesn't suit them that well

I'm sure he'll do fine but would much rather him than Mbappe or Haaland going there

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'd rather have a 34 year old Cavani than Lukaku

Mike Smalling

Can't think of a less Pep-like player than Lukaku. I would be astonished if they decided to buy him.

Monks_United

Didn't suit how we want to play at all. Glad we got rid of him whilst being able to recoup most of what we spent. Him, Fellaini, Sanchez etc. are remnants of a dark time for United. More than happy if he were to go to Chelsea or City !

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Mate stop please :lol:
What people don't see is his goal scoring record is same as it was at ManUtd. Only difference is he takes penalties at Inter.

He averages 14-16 league goals (excluding penalties) at almost every club and that's what he averages at Inter too.

MinsNon Penalty GoalsMins per GoalAssistsMins per G+A
2020-21
2674​
16​
167.13​
10​
102.85​
2019-20
2984​
17​
175.53​
2​
157.05​
2018-19
2130​
12​
177.50​
0​
177.50​
2017-18
2669​
16​
166.81​
7​
116.04​
MinsNP GoalsMins per GoalAssistsMins per G+A
Inter
5658​
33​
171.45​
12​
125.73​
ManUtd
4799​
28​
171.39​
7​
137.11​

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
They call Smalling 'Smaldini' over there. Young, Darmian and Sanchez stand out in Italy.

One of the best recent bits of business United have done selling Lukaku to Inter. Makes no difference to the strength of City if he joins them imo.
Lukaku must that good he won against Smaldini. I wouldn't be impressed if he won against Brambling. :lol:

Pickle85

Which entire squad? I mean, Inter’s starting 11 are: Handanovic - Skriniar De Vrij Bastoni - Hakimi Barrella Brozovic Eriksen/Vidal Perisic - Lukaku Lautaro.

That’s 1/11 players from United - but if that’s considered the entire squad...

After all, United’s best player is a guy who couldn’t cut it in a mid table Serie A side :) Someone who has scored more goals in this EPL season than he managed in around 120 Serie A matches. But you could argue it’s because Serie A was better tactically hence he struggled while EPL’s lack of tactics and kick and rush football suits him better.
Never knew that Luke Shaw played in Serie A before...

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

To be fair, Lingard has been outstanding in England after leaving us shortly. I'd think rather as a team, we have lots of problem in past couple of years.

If by use him in the wrong way you mean use him in a top 6 team, then yes. He has always been atrocious against top teams, the ones you need to beat to challenge for titles. He was always good against the bottom half of the PL and he's now in a league where every team is at that level.

I'd be delighted if City sign him to replace Aguero.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If by use him in the wrong way you mean use him in a top 6 team, then yes. He has always been atrocious against top teams, the ones you need to beat to challenge for titles. He was always good against the bottom half of the PL and he's now in a league where every team is at that level.

I'd be delighted if City sign him to replace Aguero.
I think he’s going to prove a lot of you wrong if he comes back.

he won’t. He will prove you wrong. He’s not good enough for a top side, even more so a technical side like City.

I would genuinely love him to go there. If they go and spend £80m on him, it’s money they can’t spend on a player that actually suits them and can score in the big games.

16 and 12 league goals for United. 1 goal in 23 appearances against the top 6 in that time.

very happy for City to sign him. They would be better off not playing a striker.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
he will, IF they play to his strengths. All those passes through the lines and in behind by City, he'd be on the end of them for fun IMO

Tap ins galore. Lukaku to City is not something to ignore.

I can see them going for Ings too