Lukaku cost us tonight

arthurka

No player gets 10 chances a game and he isn't only getting 1 or 2 anyway. I'm a big fan of Lukaku but he's been shite this season and it's all on him. His positioning, touch and finishing have been as poor as we've seen from him here. These things aren't due to system
He is getting couple of chances a game with José's set up . I dont disagree with him not being on the top of his game but we aren't getting him enough chances . It's diabolical to see us providing our main strikers with couple of chances and scraps almost every single game we play . We played Derby last night and how many chances did you count ?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He is, one of the more underrated strikers. Phenomenal positioning, movement and work-rate. But not a huge goalscorer so need a supporting winger or other striker.
He's overrated precisely because of this. Brings other forwards into the game, but what happens when Salah and Mane are off? Can he be the difference maker consistently?

Don't think he's significantly better than Lukaku, overall.

Smores

He is getting couple of chances a game with José's set up . I dont disagree with him not being on the top of his game but we aren't getting him enough chances . It's diabolical to see us providing our main strikers with couple of chances and scraps almost every single game we play . We played Derby last night and how many chances did you count ?
I mean whats your criteria here? If you're only counting sitters then yeah he gets a couple a game but no striker gets many more than that really. His positioning and movement have been unusually poor for him, even Martial showed better movement than him yesterday and thats one of his biggest weaknesses.

I do actually think Lukaku would benefit from a proper number 10 but i still think his recent form is far more on him than his team mates.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I mean whats your criteria here? If you're only counting sitters then yeah he gets a couple a game but no striker gets many more than that really. His positioning and movement have been unusually poor for him, even Martial showed better movement than him yesterday and thats one of his biggest weaknesses.

I do actually think Lukaku would benefit from a proper number 10 but i still think his recent form is far more on him than his team mates.
He's been converting 25% of his chances so far this season. As good as any other PL striker. Last night he converted 0 from 4. So yesterday was a particularly bad performance.

His confidence looks completely shot at this stage. All the more disappointing because he did look to be developing his game at times last season and he had a good World Cup. Now it looks like we're back to square one. A shadow of the player we saw at Everton. Yet another player who seems to stagnating/regressing under Mourinho.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Striker in not taking every chance shocker.

Were these misses "masked because he was also scoring" too?
RVP had flair, was good at set pieces, could decide the game on his own, could score out of the box, could dribble.
Lukaku has none of that.

el3mel

Bang on 26 goals in the league and win us the league and he can miss as much as he wants.

RVP won us several games on his own. Our last league title was all him and Fergie.

PepsiCola

Please do not compare Lukaku to RvP.

One carried us to a league.

The other being here, long term, diminishes our chances of winning the league.

Todd

We do have those exact players. But those players will never flourish under a Mourinho system.
While I agree, it's not fair to lay all of the blame at Jose's feet. Pogba and Rom are surrounded by world class players when playing for France and Belgium, they are not at United.

KennyBurner

Were these misses "masked because he was also scoring" too?[/QUOTE]
I think the difference is one has never cost us a game. also one of them can pretty much do other things besides waiting for the ball to be put on the platter for them.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I think the difference is one has never cost us a game. also one of them can pretty much do other things besides waiting for the ball to be put on the platter for them.
Care to explain how this guy who does nothing but wait for the ball “to be put on a platter” ended up with the most PL assists in our squad last season? (two assists more than Eden Hazard) A figure that would have been higher if other United players weren’t also guilty of, shock horror, missing chances (Jesse the usual culprit)

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

RVP missed lot of chances but he covered them with winning goals. Lukaku missed lot of chances but he couldn't cover them with winning goals. That's the difference between world class and non world class striker. A world class striker who has bad game can still come out with a match winner, Lukaku can't.

Not only that, a lot of our past strikers can score top class goals. Lukaku can't because he has no technique, he relies too much on his power & pace.

RVP can score goals with poor services, Kane could become top scorer in a word cup with worse quality player around him. Lukaku only scored goals against Panama & Tunisia in a world cup but fail to step up when his team need him, even with world classs players like KDB & Hazard were behind him providing the services.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
RVP missed lot of chances but he covered them with winning goals. Lukaku missed lot of chances but he couldn't cover them with winning goals. That's the difference between world class and non world class striker. A world class striker who has bad game can still come out with a match winner, Lukaku can't.

Not only that, a lot of our past strikers can score top class goals. Lukaku can't because he has no technique, he relies too much on his power & pace.

RVP can score goals with poor services, Kane could become top scorer in a word cup with worse quality player around him. Lukaku only scored goals against Panama & Tunisia in a world cup but fail to step up when his team need him, even with world classs players like KDB & Hazard were behind him providing the services.
That last paragraph is nonsense. Kane became top scorer because he took penalties and fluked one in off his heel. Lukaku’s WC goals were of much higher quality/difficult to score than Kane’s.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That last paragraph is nonsense. Kane became top scorer because he took penalties and fluked one in off his heel. Lukaku’s WC goals were of much higher quality/difficult to score than Kane’s.
"Higher/difficult". In your point of view nothing is more difficult than scoring goals against Panama & Tunisia, he should be proud with that.

Another thing needs to be added, Kane & RVP knows how to take penalty but Lukaku doesn't.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"Higher/difficult". In your point of view nothing is more difficult than scoring goals against Panama & Tunisia, he should be proud with that.

Another thing needs to be added, Kane & RVP knows how to take penalty but Lukaku doesn't.
Been a horrific amount of drivel posted by new members this season but your second sentence might just take the biscuit. Well done.