Lukaku could face retrospective ban for hitting Bong(FA- He doesn't)

RedDevil@84

Clearly ban worthy.
Rashford Martial Zlatan can do more than a good job. I am more worried about winning the midfield battle and provide service to forwards

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Can't believe the OP missed an opportunity to write hitting bong in thread title.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah, it's something like 14 goals in 60 games against the top 6.

That's not good.

Edit: Found this on ESPN before the Liverpool game. 15 in
ManUtd, Chelsea, Liverpool all finished outside 6, so not sure why they are counted even when they finished outside 6. Leicester were champions and IIRC he scored against them. Likewise Southampton also finished 6th and he scored against them.

Needham

Just need a definite article in front of 'Bong' to make it thread title of the year.

Orione

Looks like Lukaku will get banned but am not bothered. He is totally out of form and also needs a rest. With Zlatan and Pogba back from injury we will be okay. Just hoping at least one of Jones or Bailly will return on Tuesday.

pascell

Hopefully we go 5-3-2 vs Arsenal and City with Martial and Rashford upfront and Pogba behind them. Ibra has only had 20 minutes in the past few games so nowhere near fit enough to lead the line, not worth risking either.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Honest mistake. A misunderstanding between him and the manager. Before the match Mourinho told him: Show me that you can do everything that Ibra can!

wr8_utd

:'(
Can't be arsed if he's banned really. The 3 games coming up are the type he's not going to be of any use in anyway so as long as Ibra doesn't start instead, it's fine.

edgar allan

Just need a definite article in front of 'Bong' to make it thread title of the year.
Has Lukaku being hitting the "bongs"? That would certainly explain his lethargy in front of goal recently, but not his violent outburst at the weekend.

ManuMou

Worst possible time ever. Shit

Rash Martial up front in 3-5-2 then. But the thing is dono how they will be rotated tomorrow. Fatigue will be an issue.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Watford game is on Tuesday, so if there is any ban we should get news today itself right?

Acole9

Outstanding
Not ideal but it may do him some good in a bizarre sort of way.

Canagel

This is bad news. We needed all our options available and like someone has said fatigue will be a problem. I hope Zlatan is ready to complete a full game soon but one thing is for sure we'll be stretched to the limit.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah, it's something like 14 goals in 60 games against the top 6.

That's not good.

Edit: Found this on ESPN before the Liverpool game. 15 in
Understandable when you consider the standard of team he’s been playing for. West Brom and Everton would score very rarely against the teams on that list, so their strikers inevitably won’t have good stats in those fixtures.

Darkhorsez

Understandable when you consider the standard of team he’s been playing for. West Brom and Everton would score very rarely against the teams on that list, so their strikers inevitably won’t have good stats in those fixtures.
Adding also the fact that top 6 defences are better than the rest and these games are normally cagey and protective affairs.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Adding also the fact that top 6 defences are better than the rest and these games are normally cagey and protective affairs.
Aye, all these stats damning Lukaku for not scoring enough goals against the six are never posted alongside the record of any other striker for comparison. I’d imagine they’re all pretty poor. Wayne Rooney possibly an exception? Maybe Harry Kane too? (both playing for much better teams than Lukaku ever played for)

Oldyella

This might work out as a good reason to give him a rest without press going overboard on him being dropped etc.

Marcky411

Well if he gets a 3 match ban, maybe it might be a good thing as he can't score at the moment to save his life and the longer that goes on the worse his confidence will get. Mourinho can only protect him for so long but if this streak continues and with Zlatan's coming back puts even more pressure on him. Either he snaps out of it or he becomes a 75mil disappointment, I really hope he snaps out of it because his game is built on scoring goals, the rest of his game is quite poor, he is not someone to create chances for others.

Bestietom

It looks like they will charge Lukaku. Maybe the rest will do him good as he is not up to scratch lately.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Can't believe there's some people in this thread saying they're not bothered if he's banned for three games. Have you lot seen our upcoming fixtures? It would be a nice option to have our starting striker and top goal scorer available even if he is out of form.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Well if he gets a 3 match ban, maybe it might be a good thing as he can't score at the moment to save his life and the longer that goes on the worse his confidence will get. Mourinho can only protect him for so long but if this streak continues and with Zlatan's coming back puts even more pressure on him. Either he snaps out of it or he becomes a 75mil disappointment, I really hope he snaps out of it because his game is built on scoring goals, the rest of his game is quite poor, he is not someone to create chances for others.
More chances created and key passes/90 than Morata or Kane. More assists/90 than Kane.

Darkhorsez

More chances created and key passes/90 than Morata or Kane. More assists/90 than Kane.
Interesting stats. What he did was a bit daft. But to use any excuse and a seemingly poor stretch of games to knock down a tremendous goal scorer is not very bright either. Don’t get us not being more supportive of our lot really.

VanGaalEra

Aye, all these stats damning Lukaku for not scoring enough goals against the six are never posted alongside the record of any other striker for comparison. I’d imagine they’re all pretty poor. Wayne Rooney possibly an exception? Maybe Harry Kane too? (both playing for much better teams than Lukaku ever played for)
I think he's scored more against the top 6 sides than Kane has.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Thought I saw him doing that, but thought I was wrong. Silly thing to do, hope they spare him.