Lukaku could face retrospective ban for hitting Bong(FA- He doesn't)

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Can't believe there's some people in this thread saying they're not bothered if he's banned for three games. Have you lot seen our upcoming fixtures? It would be a nice option to have our starting striker and top goal scorer available even if he is out of form.
Blessing in disguise logic by some. Which has no logic whatsoever especially as we have top games coming up in which we will have plenty space on the counter. Something he is very good at, no matter if his form is not the best atm.

A charge following inititial accusations by football fans on Twitter. Is this a first?
Don't recall anything similar. Feckin' social media.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Maybe ref saw it and dint think much of it? Did he mention it in his match report?

Camilo

Think he'll be ok - it wasn't so much a kick as it was a "get off me" motion. Don't think it'd do him any harm to have a game or two out if it does happen though.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
Don't recall anything similar. Feckin' social media.
Would it be better if only those would fell under scrutiny whose actions weren't missed by live TV coverage / MOTD etc? That would be even weirder, especially as in PL's case United's game has been shown all over the world bar UK.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Watched that clip about 6 times, and it looks absolutely nothing at all. Doesn't look at the guy, doesn't connect, just looks like getting clear of someone
If that becomes a 3 match ban we might as well all pack up
:lol: These are the comments I come in to this forum to read.

Son Of Sam

It will be a massive joke if the FA bans him for that. 3-match bans are handed retrospectively to an act of brutality, not for petulance.

Zoo

I think Gallagher is spot on. Lukaku needs to stop being stupid though.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I haven't seen the incident as the link in the OP doesn't work for me at work. It sounds like a fairly typical petulant act of a frustrated forward down on his luck but if there is punishment I hope he serves whatever ban he gets, rests and returns back to his best.

Jim Beam

Would it be better if only those would fell under scrutiny whose actions weren't missed by live TV coverage / MOTD etc? That would be even weirder, especially as in PL's case United's game has been shown all over the world bar UK.
Not sure really, only find this whole twitter related stuff in football, from transfers to finding out about some misconduct a day after the game a little bit bizarre.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This, it's a good thing that players can still get caught if everyone missed it at first. As if everyone missing it makes it okay to do it somehow

Jacko21

Cue the 'this is a blessing in disguise' rhetoric.

Just like it was a blessing in disguise when Zlatan was given a three match ban and we proceeded to lose to Chelsea in the F.A Cup. :rolleyes:

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Its only a big deal because it United, lets be honest.

If he's banned hopped Jose uses it to strengthen the siege mentality.

Jim Beam

This, it's a good thing that players can still get caught if everyone missed it at first. As if everyone missing it makes it okay to do it somehow
Tbh, I would wholeheartedly agree with that notion if De Bruyne is in question.

Since Lukaku is, it's obviously wrong.

Witchking

If he ends up being banned, he deserves it. He should have kept himself in check. Can never understand why players keep doing such stupid stuff when they are quite aware of so many cameras watching each and every move.

Altercations are common but kicking someone like that is quite pathetic. If this was anyone at other big clubs, everyone would have been crying to ban the player.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
The journo headline writers should be licking their lips, this is the stuff of dreams for them...

'Rom's Bong hits leave striker stoned for the Derby'

'HIGH KARATE - Red Rom hits Bong due to on pitch frustration'

'You Big Dope! Rom tries to hit Bong in middle of match'

'Rom fails to kick the Bong and now misses date with Guardiola dream-team'

AXVnee7

We've made more of it than the media have. Doubt he'll get charged as usually there's a big media campaign before it happens. It's been relatively moot.

Good for us!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
... I recall Ibra throwing one of their players like a bag of shite couple of minutes he came on.
To be fair, Ibra tends to do this in every game.
I remember several times last season, where the opponent's RB would need to be substituted after being gradually beaten up, during the match.
The worst was probably Shamus Coleman for Everton. That dude looked in tears and soon after got subbed off.

Well he clearly did it, which isn't an ideal start to his defence.

Wouldn't mind Lukaku getting a rest but we have some key games coming up....
Defence1: Prove it.
(UEFA shows video evidence, clearly showing Lukaku kicking the opponent)
Defence2: That wasn't me. ;)

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Surprised the ref didn't see it and send the entire stadium off due to it's severity, considering he thought it was a free kick every time anyone breathed on anyone else, or ran slightly towards another player.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I think comments here suggest you guys want him to be banned as opposed to actually being likely to be banned.

As Dermot Gallagher says, it’s petulant...it’s not aggressive or threatening.

AshRK

Cue the 'this is a blessing in disguise' rhetoric.

Just like it was a blessing in disguise when Zlatan was given a three match ban and we proceeded to lose to Chelsea in the F.A Cup. :rolleyes:
Exactly. I would love to see one day rashford and Martial tearing teams apart but right now they are far too inconsistent. Lukaku will be a big miss, especially against arsenal where he can bully people and score. Only if our fullbacks could cross. Lukaku would have banged more goals.

Acole9

Outstanding
I saw earlier that sky sports thought a ban was unlikely.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Havent you seen it all before?
Blah Blah Blah.

It wasnt even a corner in the first place. ;)

SteveTheRed

Very lucky to get away with that. Wrong decision, we would all be asking the player to be banned if it was another team.