Lukaku could face retrospective ban for hitting Bong(FA- He doesn't)

saivet

Only just seen the incident, and I think we got away with that one. Oh well, happy days.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Very lucky to get away with that. Wrong decision, we would all be asking the player to be banned if it was another team.
Yep. Makes me wish we actually did have the FA in our pocket, very convenient.

prtk0811

We've made more of it than the media have. Doubt he'll get charged as usually there's a big media campaign before it happens. It's been relatively moot.

Good for us!
All english media are busy doing media trial for each and every incident and non incident for TRP's.

Good job too. If he was still at Everton noone would have even watched the replay. A complete nothing act.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He wouldn't have been send off in the game (it's a booking I'd say) so can see why there's no retrospective action

Son Of Sam

its panto season so I just want to say "oh yes we would"
If Lukaku really wanted to kick Bong, he wouldn’t have missed it....

Rival fans brought this to FA’s notice. There was nothing in it. Bong didn’t even jump out of the way to avoid the kick.

Everybody should move on....

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Ffs so there won't be a blessing in disguise? Disappointing.

El Zoido

Luckaku

Should probably have been banned for it honestly. I would be annoyed had Aguero done the same thing and got away with it.

SteveTheRed

If Lukaku really wanted to kick Bong, he wouldn’t have missed it....

Rival fans brought this to FA’s notice. There was nothing in it. Bong didn’t even jump out of the way to avoid the kick.

Everybody should move on....
Not sure you can honestly watch the clip and say he is not trying to kick out at Bong? Unless there was an invisible ball behind him that he is trying to back heel, what is he doing in your opinion?

Not sure you can honestly watch the clip and say he is not trying to kick out at Bong? Unless there was an invisible ball behind him that he is trying to back heel, what is he doing in your opinion?
Not sure how you can think it must be so black & white for everyone, especially when apparently even the FA panel can’t agree.

ninjaskill

Bong makes nothing of it which would make it appear that he didn't think there was much to at as if you think someone has committed a red card offence while the other team is scoring the first goal of the game you would probably go to the referee to protest even somewhat. If Bong doesn't think there is anything to it then there likely isn't

mancunianblue1

Supports
City
He got away with it most definitely. Off the ball he went to kick a player in the bollocks not once but twice. You can't really defend it. The main factor for him not getting banned was probably up until this morning there hadn't been much coverage of it. Aguero (rightly so) was banned last year for his elbow which had minimal contact but was certainly intentional. That was on sky on loop constantly until a decision was made. luckily for United this was brushed under the carpet, the fact it wasn't even show on MOTD proves that. The media have a lot of power in influencing these kind of decisions and for united they have most certainly got away with one here.

As a blue I am not overly fussed as his records in big games isn't great although against City he doesn't do too bad. Bring on the derby with no excuses now.

James Peril

When "something" happens, I always picture the same thing happening to a team or player I dislike - that combined with the real situation often gives you a fair assessment. Previous offenses of course does not matter one single thing. This case is quite clear and I am amazed he has not gotten a ban for it, especially as everyone is afraid of getting the media/managers on their necks given it's Man Utd involved. Imagine this happening to someone we don't like, for example Firmino, Arnautovic or Alli.

He clearly kicks out twice, perhaps they are lenient because he doesn't actually connect - this is the one and only time we are happy Lukaku (once again) can't find the target. Those kicks are as badly placed as his chance in the first half when he blasts it wide from a good position.

James Peril

He wouldn't have been send off in the game (it's a booking I'd say) so can see why there's no retrospective action
Kicking out at someone, where the ball isn't, does not warrant a red card? FFS, this is football not UFC, learn the rules mate.

Andersons Dietician

Might have just been hitting it for recovery. I heard the CD oils from weed are great for recuperation and help with inflammation.
Our players being allowed to hit a Bong seems quite progressive by United.

James Peril

That would be because it was a completely fair tackle. Didn’t even look dodgy in real time.
Not really true, it was a clear yellow card - but didn't look like it in real time from the wide angle. From close replays you can see that he hits the player on the leg (very hard) before hitting the ball. Even if he had clearly connected the ball before the player, the force is kind of hard to neglect from any assessment. Yellow card and free-kick IMO, but never a red card given it's studs down and he has the right to go for that ball, unlike let's say Mané who does not have the right to go for the ball knowing the keeper will 100% be there with his face or upper body when and if he connects.

Red Devil Rising

Shocked there's no action to be taken after the witchunt by the media this morning to try and get him suspended. Good news.

SteveTheRed

Not sure how you can think it must be so black & white for everyone, especially when apparently even the FA panel can’t agree.
It's not black and white for everyone, seems to be a red tint with some posters here.

I'm just curious to know what people think Lukaku was doing there? If you don't think he is trying to kick the player what is he doing?

RedDevil@84

That would be because it was a completely fair tackle. Didn’t even look dodgy in real time.
On replays, I felt his leg was high and appeared slightly kicking the player. I thought it was yellow card worth, despite getting the ball.
But I am not complaining. We are usually at the receiving end of some s**t refereeing.

Sambob

About time we got away with one, it was a nothing incident anyway, City have been kicking players off the pitch all season, this is a good thing.

Havnt seen it, wont watch it la la la

RedDevil@84

It's not black and white for everyone, seems to be a red tint with some posters here.

I'm just curious to know what people think Lukaku was doing there? If you don't think he is trying to kick the player what is he doing?
I think it was definite ban worthy. That was ridiculous. Lukaku is lucky as feck

NinjaFletch

It was borderline, he catches his man before he takes the ball with his other leg.

Either way, my points not that Lindelof should have got in trouble for that, but if you're going to be hypersensitive as a referee at least be consistent with it. He pulled up far more minor things than that tackle whilst letting that go.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Not really true, it was a clear yellow card - but didn't look like it in real time from the wide angle. From close replays you can see that he hits the player on the leg (very hard) before hitting the ball. Even if he had clearly connected the ball before the player, the force is kind of hard to neglect from any assessment. Yellow card and free-kick IMO, but never a red card given it's studs down and he has the right to go for that ball, unlike let's say Mané who does not have the right to go for the ball knowing the keeper will 100% be there with his face or upper body when and if he connects.
He slides in - without his studs showing and - wins the ball, clean as you like. The only bone of contention the Brighton player can have is that Lindelof's trailing leg could have been lower. Would have been a very harsh to call it a foul, though, never mind a booking. All of which explains why the referee - who had been otherwise fussy - let play continue.

GiddyUp

Yeah, it's something like 14 goals in 60 games against the top 6.

That's not good.

Edit: Found this on ESPN before the Liverpool game. 15 in
Is this not an average return for a West Brom/Everton striker?

SuperiorXI

Something to consider though, he has played for Everton against these big sides and a United who opt for more defensive tactics in these big games.

For me it's pretty simple. If Lukaku is handed chances he will convert them. In these big games he isn't being given the number of chances he needs to score. He's not the type to score out of nothing, that's not the type of striker he is.

GiddyUp

Did Brighton fans on Twitter mention the blatant handball?
Or the two other incidents from that linesman. Young had a clear run in to the box and was called for offside when he was well on and we had numbers on an attack and he called a foul over a coming together of two players thirty yards from the play. He hand ball was fecking blatant though, if a keeper did that we would be lauding him for his reflexes, it was basically a save by the Brighton player in the box.