Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAVred

Going to be a mare of a season by the looks of it if we get rid of Lukaku and bring no other forward in (which seems to be the most likely scenario).

OGS is literally swapping out proven and reliable goals for someone who is hardly ever consistent (and striker may not even be his best positioned) and would maybe make City's bench.

Rooney24

Was happy when we bought him.

Now Im happy when we are selling him.

Funny old game.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Really it makes sense for all parties (Lukaku, Ole, Conte and their respective clubs) that this transfer happens. Everyone wins from it.

The key qualifier being "as long as we replace Lukaku with a striker who suits us better". Because if we're just left with the likes of Rashford & Martial then we've actively weakened the squad for no apparent reason.

WPMUFC

# ManchesterUnited , # Lukaku gives a nod to the # SerieA : " # CristianoRonaldo , # Conte , # Ancelotti and perhaps also # Sarri : it is a beautiful championship, who knows me knows how much I would like to play"
The Manchester United striker also reveals a background of when Conte was the coach of uventus: "I was one step away from Juventus, but then I didn't hear it, I smelled something wrong. And, in fact, two days later my no Conte has left the Bianconeri. Thank God I did not go ".
https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/lukaku-intervista-conte-inter-dichiarazioni

He's full conte mode.

Shinjch

Have Inter come into a lot of money that I am unaware of? Because I can't see Lukaku being shipped out on the cheap.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wonder if he'll get as much hate and abuse as Pogba does on this forum.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Well Pogba didn't say half of what Lukaku did and Lukaku's agent started the all thing in an interview by directly hinting to a move. So, no Lukaku won't get as much "hate", he won't get much love though.

WPMUFC

whoever is close to me knows that I have always wanted to play in the English and Italian championships: I love Italy. , now Cristiano Ronaldo has arrived, Sarri will go to Juventus, Ancelotti is at Napoli: it will be an exciting Serie A ".
From the Di Marzio Article.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
42 goals in 96 games for us, I wouldn't call that abysmal. He's scored 37 goals in the last 40 games for Belgium too. I'm still convinced he can be a useful player for us. There aren't that many top strikers out there that would be attainable.
I don’t think there’s a domestic side in world football that boasts the creativity of Eden Hazard and Kevin De Bruyne. Against international defences too, which are fairly makeshift.
———
Still, I think the point is not about usefulness. Solskjaer has made it quite obvious that Lukaku will not feature in his plans. He’s one of the few players we have in the side that can command a good fee, also. Don’t think there’s much more to it than that.

It happens frequently; managers have their own philosophies and players are bought and sold accordingly. I guess the most recent one for us is Daley Blind - he was not sold down due to lack of abilities, rather he just wasn’t a player who fit the system Mourinho wanted to implement.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He already gets more abuse than Pogba does here.

Beyond that, there are some key differences in that he isn't anywhere near as talented as Pogba, he hasn't already left the club once before and he has a good and obvious reason to want to leave given he has been relegated to second choice behind Rashford.

A better question would be "why on earth would anyone expect him to get treated the same way Pogba does?"

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Well Pogba didn't say half of what Lukaku did and Lukaku's agent started the all thing in an interview by directly hinting to a move. So, no Lukaku won't get as much "hate", he won't get much love though.
It may just be because I’m a big fan of his and abhor the criticism he gets, but has Pogba ever said anything ‘bad’ in the media? The only thing I can think of is when he stated that we need to attack and control possession more as Manchester United (which wasn’t even a bad quote, accurate, but ultimately undermining the manager).

Mainoldo

He already gets more abuse than Pogba does here.

Beyond that, there are some key differences in that he isn't anywhere near as talented as Pogba, he hasn't already left the club once before and he has a good and obvious reason to want to leave given he has been relegated to second choice behind Rashford.

A better question would be "why on earth would anyone expect him to get treated the same way Pogba does?"
So people hate Pogba because he left already and is talented?

Anyway whoever meets our valuation of Lukaku can have him. We don’t need to sell. £80m he’s yours.

JPRouve

Scout
It may just be because I’m a big fan of his and abhor the criticism he gets, but has Pogba ever said anything ‘bad’ in the media? The only thing I can think of is when he stated that we need to attack and control possession more as Manchester United (which wasn’t even a bad quote, accurate, but ultimately undermining the manager).
Not really. You could say that when he was asked about Real Madrid in a distant future, he shouldn't have said that it was a dream for all kids but in that answer he also said that he was happy at United. So it's a little different to what Lukaku has been blabbing about.

Rooney24

If we can get around £50m for him I'd be happy enough. Good player but woefuly out of shape for us.
We should be looking for way more than £50m in the current market. At the very least we should be getting our money back.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Anyway whoever meets our valuation of Lukaku can have him. We don’t need to sell. £80m he’s yours.
Not exactly. I think people care more about Pogba than Lukaku because he is a much better and more talented player, which leads to more strident opinions (both positive and negative) from fans.

The fact that he has left previously means some fans carry a lingering scepticism for his commitment. I remember plenty of posters here basically saying good riddance when he left and also saying they would never want him back. I don't think that ill-feeling dissapears once he comes back but instead resurfaces whenever opinion sways against him.

A lot of it is unfair on Pogba really but there's no point in pretending it doesn't exist, or acting surprised when someone like Lukaku isn't treated the same way.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Pogba hasn't said much really.

Lukaku seems to be in love with Conte. We should rinse Inter. For money, just to be clear.

Infra-red

"I'm a Manchester United player. I have a contract and I have to respect my club".... in the middle of an interview in which he is massively disrespectful to his club.

Bye bye, fatty. Good luck keeping keeping him away from the spaghetti, Antonio.

dove

If we can get around £50m for him I'd be happy enough. Good player but woefuly out of shape for us.
Happy with £50m ? Same amount we are about to pay for the RB who has had 1 good season? Anything less than what we paid for him is a bad deal for us.

Canagel

Thank the lord your not a football manager!!
Who needs a goalscorer against the weaker teams anyhow eh? Let's just buy a striker to play against the top teams...
A goal is a goal no matter who it's scored against, or when it's scored.
Does anyone remember City winning the league by goal difference?
That sixth goal against United by Dzeko counted,
And where have I said we don't need goalscorer vs small teams? I said only scoring vs dross starting for big club is no use as these teams can already win without that striker scoring. As for Lukaku his record vs small teams here is hardly impressive and can easily be replicated and beaten by any mid table striker.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
He's given up. Attitude and effort this season was appalling. Need to weed these fellas out so good riddance - making it sound like it's his decision to leave rather than Ole booting him out the door.

nycender

Conte best manager in the world? So he’s dumb to go along with his shiteness

"I'm a Manchester United player. I have a contract and I have to respect my club".... in the middle of an interview in which he is massively disrespectful to his club.

:lol: :lol:

Godfather

He'll score a ton.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If he thinks Conte is so good I Wonder why he chose us in the first place?

JPRouve

Scout
He's given up. Attitude and effort this season was appalling. Need to weed these fellas out so good riddance - making it sound like it's his decision to leave rather than Ole booting him out the door.
Take that back, a grown ass man doesn't give up!

flappyjay

Have Inter come into a lot of money that I am unaware of? Because I can't see Lukaku being shipped out on the cheap.
I think their only hope is to sell someone and the only person who could be bought for a big fee is Icardi who no one wants because of his/wife off field drama. Apparently they tried a cash plus Perisic swap which we rightfully refused

Canagel

Conte best manager in the world? So he’s dumb to go along with his shiteness
What a deluded individual. In his mind he's top 3 striker in the world probably, in his feet he's not top 20.

john moran

And replace him with Rashford ?
This is a huge mistake .
Why are we not selling the likes of Lingard , Jones , Smalling , Rojo Sanchez etc before considering selling Luakua
I was all for Ole getting the job but looking at whats going on now and the type players we are targeting i think his term of management will make the Moyes era seem like a roaring success .

Status
Not open for further replies.