Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee565

Even though he is not the ideal choice of striker that I would like to see at United, he has shown with Belgium that if you put quality around him he scores plenty of goals, problem is we dont have great creative quality around him, especially on the wings.

ravi2

This.

He offers something different compared with Rashford/Martial. Ole wants fast players and Lukaku is rapid considering his height. I would say that he is even skillful.

I would say he is the opposite of skillful and I would take fat ass Ben yedder over big Rom anyday.

Mingus

Not good enough for top 4 team in the Prem.
We are looking to press as a unit, and having both him and Martial taking root in the opposing half was causing massive problems last year. Playing both in the same team was way too easy to deal with.

We ended up relying too much on Rashford and sent him out even when carrying an injury.

Fast interchanging players who make runs cause problems for opponents. Lukaku mostly doesn't.

Ralph1386

I guess this all boils down to is Ben Yedder better than Lukaku? Or is he more what we need than Lukaku?

Beaucoup

I guess this all boils down to is Ben Yedder better than Lukaku? Or is he more what we need than Lukaku?
Have we actually been linked with Ben Yedder? goes against the profile of players the club are looking at.

Beaucoup

Even though he is not the ideal choice of striker that I would like to see at United, he has shown with Belgium that if you put quality around him he scores plenty of goals, problem is we dont have great creative quality around him, especially on the wings.
I agree with the fact the creativity in the team is dreadful. I still want him gone though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Does he need to be better?
We need a rotation/back up striker to Rashford.
So if we did go for Ben Yedder, he'd be way less of a fee than Lukaku would bring in, so it's not a like for like as such.

Ballist1x

Lukaku always offered a physical threat in the box.

Rashford has 3 headed goals in his career and Martial is worse than him in the air.

As a team that likes to cross the ball that isn't ideal.

Macedonian Red

Why we must replace him with striker? We have Rashy, Martial even Sanchez can play there.

I think with money from Lukaku we must buy goalscoring RW, Sancho or Pepe, maybe Dybala. Actualy we must buy rw even if we dont sell Rom but there is no rumours linked with rw for now.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Why we must replace him with striker? We have Rashy, Martial even Sanchez can play there.

I think with money from Lukaku we must buy goalscoring RW, Sancho or Pepe, maybe Dybala. Actualy we must buy rw even if we dont sell Rom but there is no rumours linked with rw for now.
I wouldn't be surprised if we buy Sancho with Lukaku money

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Rashford has 3 headed goals in his career and Martial is worse than him in the air.

If they're crossing on the floor (rather than high), shouldn't be an issue?

If those crosses are early (before the defence is set), even better. I think Ole will be looking at quicker transitions.

witchtrials

This might be a daft question but what is the difference between a loan with an obligation to buy and a sale with a staggered payment structure?

Is it that the selling club has the option to pull the plug on the deal?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This might be a daft question but what is the difference between a loan with an obligation to buy and a sale with a staggered payment structure?

Is it that the selling club has the option to pull the plug on the deal?
No. Both are considered as permanent deals. Only difference might be the loan fee won't be high, so other club gets time to make the huge payment later.

Permanent transfer with payment structure usually involves big fee paid upfront.

Obviously every transfer is different and depends on how it's negotiated.

RedCurry

No. Both are considered as permanent deals. Only difference might be the loan fee won't be high, so other club gets time to make the huge payment later.

Permanent transfer with payment structure usually involves big fee paid upfront.

Obviously every transfer is different and depends on how it's negotiated.
Also, it is one way to get around the FFP regulations. If you have spent a lot of money in the transfer window already, then buying another expensive player might bring UEFA sanctions whereas a loan move would not. See Mbappe's PSG transfer.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Also, it is one way to get around the FFP regulations. If you have spent a lot of money in the transfer window already, then buying another expensive player might bring UEFA sanctions whereas a loan move would not. See Mbappe's PSG transfer.
It won't help in FFP. If it's obligation to buy then it will be considered as permanent transfer. If it's option to buy then it helps in FFP.

rotherham_red

That just simply isn't true. He's been constantly getting outmuscled by weaker players. The perfect example of this was Daley fecking Blind looking like prime Baresi every time he came up against him that season he played CB (Home, Away and in the FA Cup Semi). Even now, outside of that period at the end of his first season, he's been anonymous in those duels.

He's a mental midget. Shame really, because with all his physical gifts and his apparent desire to relentlessly improve - I say apparent because he talks the big talk but never really backed it up while he's been here, he could and should be one of the best strikers around.

arthurka

That just simply isn't true. He's been constantly getting outmuscled by weaker players. The perfect example of this was Daley fecking Blind looking like prime Baresi every time he came up against him that season he played CB (Home, Away and in the FA Cup Semi). Even now, outside of that period at the end of his first season, he's been anonymous in those duels.

He's a mental midget. Shame really, because with all his physical gifts and his apparent desire to relentlessly improve - I say apparent because he talks the big talk but never really backed it up while he's been here, he could and should be one of the best strikers around.
Fully agree, he gets pushed off the ball far to easily and often goes missing against tougher opponents. His anticipation is also dire, he isn´t close to being a top caliber CF.

marktan

£60m + bonuses.. we should be jumping at that offer. Just doesn't suit the team at all. Remember when we were mocking him for most of the season for the ball bouncing off him? No hold up play, no heading ability.. his best position for us is when he dribbles in from the right..

Though I guess on a world where Maguire goes for £80m, £60m isn't that much

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
So It's really on... Whole month to end of the window but considering negotiations length it's not that much time for finding someone with advanced technical abilities, who can score 20+ goal per season.

Beaucoup

£60m + bonuses.. we should be jumping at that offer. Just doesn't suit the team at all. Remember when we were mocking him for most of the season for the ball bouncing off him? No hold up play, no heading ability.. his best position for us is when he dribbles in from the right..

Though I guess on a world where Maguire goes for £80m, £60m isn't that much
It could have been worse, we nearly signed Morata

C'est Moi Cantona

It's very worrying that we are allowing this to drag out, and more so that we seem happy for him to go before we do anything about a replacement, we'll likely have a fist full of cash, and very little time to get a striker in if this gets done, so we'll just end up overpaying/panic buying, or more likely get no one, which would be tantamount to sabotage for the upcoming season.

RRCE

It's very worrying that we are allowing this to drag out, and more so that we seem happy for him to go before we do anything about a replacement, we'll likely have a fist full of cash, and very little time to get a striker in if this gets done, so we'll just end up overpaying/panic buying, or more likely get no one, which would be tantamount to sabotage for the upcoming season.
I'd be very surprised if we used any of the money from a Lukaku sale to fund the purchase of a replacement striker. If anything, the money will go towards signing Maguire. I doubt we'll bring in another striker at all.

C'est Moi Cantona

I'd be very surprised if we used any of the money from a Lukaku sale to fund the purchase of a replacement striker. If anything, the money will go towards signing Maguire. I doubt we'll bring in another striker at all.
I know, and it's worrying that we would think this will work, we'd have one established striker, and a fairly questionable one at that.

Red Royal

I will moss him. He has acted itter professionally and I think triedbhis best here. Agree that we will need a top class striker on addition to what we have but it will be VERY expensive with clubs knowing the Glazers have an extra €80M or whatever buring in their wallets.
Maybe we will try to tempt Peter Crouch out of retirement as a replacement instead.

davidmichael

So €80 million is about £73 million right ? I think if we get that for Lukaku we’ve done a fecking amazing job, question is who do we get in to replace him ? I reckon we could get one of Aubamayeng or Lacazette for £50 million and who would both suit the way Ole wants to play.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
ut it's definitely more reasonable than the £70m figure offered before. That's assuming we get £80m and not 60 plus 20.

Gandalf

Don't think we will buy a striker though. James has been signed to play across the front 3 and Greenwood is clearly going to be given more chances this term. When you factor in Rashford, Martial and Sanchez it just does not add up that we would add someone else.

jungledrums

Does he need to be better?
We need a rotation/back up striker to Rashford.
So if we did go for Ben Yedder, he'd be way less of a fee than Lukaku would bring in, so it's not a like for like as such.
How on earth are you so convinced that Rashford can (and should) start as the main striker for United?

Off the back of last season, do you truly think Rashford is currently better than Ben Yedder....?!

Status
Not open for further replies.