Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I wonder could we get someone like Cavani on a loan IF we were to sell

I don’t like Lukaku but we’d need to make up his goals from somewhere

Nickosaur

Remember these cnuts playing hardball over Perisic?

We should absolutely rinse them if they want lukaku.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Lukaku wouldn't have been high on my list of players to get rid of this summer. I know he had a bad season in terms of goals scored but he's by far our best bet for a goal so we better have a 25 goal a season man lined up to replace him otherwise that mid table finish really will become a reality

Sanche7

With us getting linked to a lot of RW and no strikers, I feel Rashford is going to be the first choice #9. We might buy a young #9 like that Pedro or promote Greenwood as cover.
It's gonna a fight for top 6 if that's our plan, but right now it certainly looks like that
Or maybe we are moving to 4-4-2 with Rash and Felix up top.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He has flaws but he is still our best striker. I am not against sale but only if that means that we will buy first choice striker. If we sell Rom and buy only backup striker then i would rather that he stays. Going in next season with Rashford as first choice striker would be suicide

Shinjch

If he is sold then he must be upgraded. Can't go into the season with Rashford as the main man up front. Would definitely be looking in the direction of Jovic.

AgentP

This.

We also need to line up a replacement. Timo Werner, Jovic, Sebastian Haller, Dembele and Pedro are some of the options that we can go for.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He has flaws but he is still our best striker. I am not against sale but only if that means that we will buy first choice striker. If we sell Rom and buy only backup striker then i would rather that he stays. Going in next season with Rashford as first choice striker would be suicide
The fact he is probably our best striker is the major concern.
We need to sell him and buy someone better.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"

Difference being though, they actually wanted to keep Perisic

Mainoldo

Are they half dead? Why would we want Perisic. 70€m should do it. Basically the majority of our money back, he’ll score tonnes of goals for them.

Zlatattack

The Italian clubs would pay in coupons if they could. If Inter want Lukaku stump up the money, no shit players in exchange. The only decent player they have is Skriniar and he just signed a new contract.

Wayne's World

I'd take 50 million and move on. He's not suited to the style of play that we want to see. A bit like Benteke when Klopp came in

Mainoldo

The people that think Lukaku is only worth £50 million and should be sold are the same people who think Barcelona were prepared to pay £100 M for Rashford . The mind boggles
Sell him when you have better in place , right now we dont have .
He’s £50m because we decided to give him over £200k a week that’s why. If you think we should stand in his way of a move your one of the people who suggest we need to get rid of dead wood. It want us to renew Mata’s Contract.

Ekeke

If Inter want him they can swap him for Brozovic, Skriniar or give us money + Lautaro Martinez. Any other player involved deals are a no go

golden_blunder

Staff
Promote Greenwood and if he fails which I doubt, Rashford/Martial through the middle, with Sancho/new signing/James on the wings.
He’s only 17. Too much pressure and risk of burnout. Playing PL is completely different from playing u23 football. It would wreck him before he’s 25. He needs to be phased in.

Rashford couldn’t hit a barn door and
Martial is inconsistent.

It’s a huge risk going into the season without a goal scorer

golden_blunder

Staff
The Brazilian #9 from Fluminense looks a real talent. Wouldn't mind seeing us take a chance on him.
Haven’t seen him apart from that video. Looks like he’s a good finisher but the pace of the action wasn’t exactly fast.

steakpie

He’s only 17. Too much pressure and risk of burnout. Playing PL is completely different from playing u23 football. It would wreck him before he’s 25. He needs to be phased in.

Rashford couldn’t hit a barn door and
Martial is inconsistent.

It’s a huge risk going into the season without a goal scorer
You have a point but after Lukaku's performances last season then he should be sold. Over weight and poor work rate. If he has a strong pre season and loses a stone or two then I'll be happy if he's here next season.

Verminator

A fit Lukaku is a different kind of player than last season's.
Watch some his West Brom and Everton performances. You wouldn't recognise him as the same person.
Whether you can still tolerate his touch is another matter, but it sounds like Ole wants a fast, counter-attacking team, which, coincidentally, is the system that best suits Lukaku.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I’d take £30million without Perisic just so we don’t have to suffer another season of this lump

Danny Roberts

Totally agree with those saying we shouldn't sell unless we upgrade. Few in the PL score goals as regularly as he does and if we don't replace (with better) we will suffer. In today's market I also think he's got to be worth £80 at least.

Morpheus 7

This. Giving us 30m euro and a Perisic that is 31 in February won't cut it. Rinse them and any other cheap Italian club that's interested.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Inter have been struggling with FFP, so we'll have to accept Perisic to offload Lukaku.:nervous:
We should tell them to pay the proper amount over two or three seasons, rather than taking a 30yo who hasn't been all that good the last 18 months.

A fit Lukaku is a different kind of player than last season's.
Watch some his West Brom and Everton performances. You wouldn't recognise him as the same person.
Whether you can still tolerate his touch is another matter, but it sounds like Ole wants a fast, counter-attacking team, which, coincidentally, is the system that best suits Lukaku.
I think Ole also wants a hard-working high-pressing team (similar to Liverpool's style), which doesn't suit Lukaku though.

Enigma_87

You know who
The only players we should be interested from Inter are Skriniar and Brozovic. Too little too late for Perisic.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Something in me tells me there's still a player in there, he just needs better support from wide areas.

We know he's not great at building up play, I just wish he played more on the last man and concentrated on scoring goals.

For Belgium he has De Bruyne/Hazard doing the harder work for him.

Perhaps it is best to cut ties and start again but I feel like at a more suited club he will start banging them in again (will need to drop weight first though)

MetoTTT

They can't spend 40-50mil for him and they have FFP issues. I don't think we need Perisic so not happening imo.

golden_blunder

Staff
Totally agree with those saying we shouldn't sell unless we upgrade. Few in the PL score goals as regularly as he does and if we don't replace (with better) we will suffer. In today's market I also think he's got to be worth £80 at least.
Well that’s depressing

redshaw

I'm sure there's a few PL clubs who could easily take Lukaku for 50+ million. Inter's bid of 26 million is laughable.

I think we should keep him if no sensible offer comes in and try to look at his weight and bulk. A leaner Lukaku would be very good for us and easily sell for a top price next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.