Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
How has Perisic been?

We should rinse Inter for their feckery with us couple of seasons back.

Gomes

Like with Fellaini some morons think that act first, think later is a good solution. Nobody cares if you don't like hands, feet or face. The club should come before your own mental issues of being annoyed by pointing. The bottom line is that Lukaku is a much better option than Rashford, until he is replaced, he should not be sold.

Suvvernmanc

The people that think Lukaku is only worth £50 million and should be sold are the same people who think Barcelona were prepared to pay £100 M for Rashford . The mind boggles
Sell him when you have better in place , right now we dont have .
Selling Lukaku and bringing in a better striker is exactly what in talking about..I'm not advocating selling Lukaku and not bringing in a replacement.. what are you on about?

Barca would never want Rashford. That's just media bullshit .

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Looking at Inter forum, it’s safe to say Inter fans don’t want anything to do with him.

I think he’d do well for Inter.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Club should be willing to take a hit if their serious about supporting Ole. Buy him forwards that fit his style. Lukaku doesn't.

stepic

i don't mind getting rid of Luk, but we better be damned sure we can replace him with someone because if we start the season with Rashford as our first choice, i will [hurl_emoji]

Moiraine

Looking at Inter forum, it’s safe to say Inter fans don’t want anything to do with him.

I think he’d do well for Inter.
Inter are playing their final league match against Empoli at Home while Milan are playing away. It is very likely they will qualify for Champions League by snatching 4th place as they have 1 point lead.

I guess they will wait til it is done and then move for Lukaku. It will also be another excuse for him. His agent will force a move don't worry guys. This time we are the ones calling the shots.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Lukaku forces Icardi to Juve and we sign Dybala. Too good to be true.

Wallez

They can't spend 40-50mil for him and they have FFP issues. I don't think we need Perisic so not happening imo.
I agree, it does not look likely that they can spend this kind of money just after being let off the FFP hook. In my mind, they have two interesting players in Icardi and Skriniar. If we fail to lure De Ligt to Manchester and Napoli want stupid money for Koulibaly, I think Skriniar would be a very interesting option. Inter have already signed Godin on a free transfer, which may make it easier to sell Skriniar. Lets say that we ship Lukaku and Darmian (who they also have shown interest in) to Inter and get Skriniar in return as a straight swap, would you take the deal? I don't really want Icardi here, so the only other possibility I see is that they sell Icardi to bring in cash.

Craig Ward

Lukaku is a strange one for me.

Yes, his first touch is horrendous. He was used as a "Drogba type" for Jose which he was appalling at.

He hasn't looked fit or motivated for Ole.

But his goalscoring record over 4-5 seasons in England is great. He scores - simple as.

He is big and clumsy, but there is a real beast in there. If he got fit and played with some intent and aggression - with that pace he has he can get better.

I see no credible links to a replacement, bar the caf going mental for Dybala who in my opinion wouldn't suit our style or the prem at all.

I'd keep him for now

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
But his goalscoring record over 4-5 seasons in England is great. He scores - simple as
Don’t think it is simple as that. He doesn’t score against top 6 rivals (1 goal in two seasons here). He scores in spurts, which means he also tends to go on long goal droughts or very lean periods (first season 5 goals in 19 league games in the middle of the season after starting with 7 in 7; second season had one run of 7 league games with no goal and two runs of 6 league games with no goal). Finally, he doesn’t score goals out of nowhere, the way top strikers do. He’s not a match winner, he’s not gonna pull a 30 yard pile driver out of the bag, dribble past a couple defenders, or even just bully and burst through a defense to score.

Craig Ward

Don’t think it is simple as that. He doesn’t score against top 6 rivals (1 goal in two seasons here). He scores in spurts, which means he also tends to go on long goal droughts or very lean periods (first season 5 goals in 19 league games in the middle of the season after starting with 7 in 7; second season had one run of 7 league games with no goal and two runs of 6 league games with no goal). Finally, he doesn’t score goals out of nowhere, the way top strikers do. He’s not a match winner, he’s not gonna pull a 30 yard pile driver out of the bag, dribble past a couple defenders, or even just bully and burst through a defense to score.
Every striker will have good and bad spells. The way it is.

Lukaku has the attributes to become better is my point. You cant argue with that.

While we aren't linked to a replacement and Inter not having the funds and trying to work Perisic into a deal I don't think he's going.

More important we offload others: I'd want to see all of these leave before Lukaku:
Sanchez/Darmian/Lingard/Rojo/Jones/Smalling

Bigger issue's in our squad than Lukaku

passing-wind

I'd take Icardi or Skriniar but it's obvious they will not offer Milan. I actually don't think we are interested in Skriniar either, he was supposedly valued at 76 million under Jose and we turn down the opportunity.

Jovic would be a great addition / Richarlison

Kapardin

Lukaku has the attributes to become better is my point. You cant argue with that.

While we aren't linked to a replacement and Inter not having the funds and trying to work Perisic into a deal I don't think he's going.

More important we offload others: I'd want to see all of these leave before Lukaku:

In a team that isn't dysfunctional like ours, he won't be the biggest problem. For example, if he had Salah and Mane flanking him, his tendency to go on dry spells and general lack of all-round play would be glossed over as the wingers could take over the goalscoring and creative burden. But in a team like ours, there was no way he was going to succeed. Even Chelsea might have been better for him in a way.

NJM78

The problem is we may not be able to offload the shite due to them being shite. At least there is interest in Lukaku.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
While this is true, it tends to happen more regularly with Lukaku than other strikers playing for top clubs. And in the event in does happen, those strikers are still expected to be able to contribute to the general play, whereas with Lukaku his only real value are his goals - take them away and you're pretty much playing with ten men most of the time (I acknowledge he has had the odd game here and there where he's been a non-scoring asset).

I just don't see it.

I really think getting in a top-class striker should be very high on our list of priorities. Whether or not there are any available, or if we can afford to do so with the squad in such a state elsewhere, I don't know.

Jibbs

We should counter their offer of 30m + Perisic with ours Lukaku + 20m for Milan Skriniar.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If they can't pay because of FFP then i would offer them Lukaku and Darmian for Icardi and Brozovic. Italian clubs love that player exchange transfers. Especially Inter. Seedorf for Coco(:lol::lol:) and Pirlo for Guly(:lol::lol:) are legendary transfers

Nr.7

I hope he leaves. I get depressed just thinking about having to endure watching the ball bounce of him like it hit a brick wall. Embarrassing.

Shark

@NotShark

Lukaku is continuously shite, it’s got nothing to do with good or bad spells, he’s mostly shite and will decline further more likely than he’ll get better with his body type. He needs to go.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I hope he leaves. I get depressed just thinking about having to endure watching the ball bounce of him like it hit a brick wall. Embarrassing.
Or him making one really good run down the wings, crossing the ball in then huffing and puffing for the next 45 mins pointing at players.

Again I maintain my view on Lukaku he is a good player to have but not what a team like United should have as someone leading the attacking lineup. Squad player who should be in and out of the team covering front three areas when others need a rest.

Relfy

If we can replace him easy enough, or tweak the system then I'm all for it. Not sure perisic is what we need, I'd rather we just get the cash and then use it wisely.

There are bigger issues with the squad, so I wouldn't be surprised if we wait until next summer to move him on.

If he is to stay then he needs to shed some weight and get back to the shape he was in when at Everton. If he stays as big as he is then I don't see any improvement.

SlimDizzle075

I would only entertain Lukaku to Inter if it involved a swap for Milan Škriniar or they paid a TON for him straight up. Giving us enough money and time to replace him (i'd go with Dybala). If not he is under contract for a while, he is being paid nicely, I suggest he get his ass in shape and get ready to compete for the starting spot with Rashford / Greenwood

Last edited:

StonedhamsterZA

He hasn’t be great of late, but the potential is there.

My only question with people clamouring to get rid of him is WHO are we going to sign that would be a guaranteed success?

Higuain, Morata, they’ve struggled.

I just think chucking him out and hoping to sign a guaranteed 30 goals per season player is not realistic. If there was such a player (that wasn’t 30+ a la Lewa), surely a club would have jumped already?

Keep the guy, focus on getting some wide players and let Martial, Rash and Lukaku fight it out.

We have bigger areas to improve.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm assuming those wanting Lukaku out are wanting this on the assumption that we'd actually replace him, yes?

Because we're fecked if we have to rely on Rashford and Greenwood to bring in goals next season.

It's not just the clear decencies in Lukuku's game (which we could deal with), it's his attitude, lack of determination, and inability to actually be a professional athlete. His conditioning is appalling, and he's a disgrace for it. Thats why he needs to go.

Ballist1x

Perisic is too old and should make the deal bad value for money. Only Icardi or their defender should be used as makeweights

Sterling Archer

Lukaku is continuously shite, it’s got nothing to do with good or bad spells, he’s mostly shite and will decline further more likely than he’ll get better with his body type. He needs to go.
If he loses the weight and regains that lean muscle he'll be able to fulfil his potential. I really think that's the biggest issue for him all considered. Even more than his technical deficiency. Chicharito showed us how good a striker in a proper United system can be even with a donkey touch.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Lukaku is a 26 years old player that has been playing full seasons in a professional environments since he is 16-17 years old. He isn't a potential and there is little chance that he somehow manages to improve or evolve after +400 games.

davidmichael

If he is sold then he must be upgraded. Can't go into the season with Rashford as the main man up front. Would definitely be looking in the direction of Jovic.
This.

We also need to line up a replacement. Timo Werner, Jovic, Sebastian Haller, Dembele and Pedro are some of the options that we can go for.
Think Real May have something to say about Jovic seeing as they signed him a week or so ago.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Yes Inter, take him and have Sanchez too. No takesies backsies.

Status
Not open for further replies.