Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

edcunited1878

I want to point out that the other fat man next to him is an actual player for the Yankees. A main starting player. Pitcher. Yup....

...maybe American sports is where Rom got the idea to fatten up.
You don't exactly need to be athletic or an 'athlete' to play certain sports like golf, baseball or even football to an extent (Pirlo, Scholes). CC Sabathia has always been big and he's a pitcher. Throw strikes, miss bats and you're good to go.

Cloud7

You don't exactly need to be athletic or an 'athlete' to play certain sports like golf, baseball or even football to an extent (Pirlo, Scholes). CC Sabathia has always been big and he's a pitcher. Throw strikes, miss bats and you're good to go.
A lot of cricketers are quite chunky as well. If anyone is interested, google Rakeem Cornwall. Guy is a professional athlete.

Sterling Archer

I never felt like it was a question of ability. It's professionalism. If you're overweight and fat as a professional athlete that's problematic to me in this day and age of sports medicine and nutrition.

Sabathia is grossly overweight. Not in a healthy way. I think that's what gets me the most. It's not healthy to be like that.

edcunited1878

I never felt like it was a question of ability. It's professionalism. If you're overweight and fat as a professional athlete that's problematic to me in this day and age of sports medicine and nutrition.

Sabathia is grossly overweight. Not in a healthy way. I think that's what gets me the most. It's not healthy to be like that.
He's 6'6" and has had alcohol issues in the past coupled with injuries. He's not in top physical shape obviously, but he's still performing at a consistent level good enough to rely on for a lot of wins/team wins. And it's baseball, very different than football. Not many 38 year old footballers now.

Either way, back to Lukaku. He can go wherever he wants to during the off-season. However he's accountable like every other current United player to get their training in and be ready for the upcoming season because they are United players until further notice. Ole said that each player has their specific training sheets and goals to hit in lieu of the new season, i.e. they need to be prepared to hit the ground running and if they aren't, it's their fault, nobody else to blame.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
why did Jose wanted LKK in the 1st place ? because he is big and strong like drogba ?
Jose bought him because his vision for the team was to have a huge strong forward who could run onto through balls from Pogba and muscle his way through the defence, he also planned to pair him up with Perisic/Willian and play him like he played drogba at Chelsea. I would guess, that he was also desperate to get one up on Conte at Chelsea as at the time, Lukaku looked a dead cert to go there and you looked like buying Morata!

None of it worked out though, Lukaku without the right support around him looks like one of the worst Utd forwards I have ever seen, he has slowed down, looks disinterested and can not even hold the ball up properly. Jose never got the players to go alongside him and we all know how that ended. The situation reminds me of Benteke at Liverpool when Klopp took over, get rid of him for as much as you can get and get a striker that suits your style of play instead.

Eoin McMahon

He's 6'6" and has had alcohol issues in the past coupled with injuries. He's not in top physical shape obviously, but he's still performing at a consistent level good enough to rely on for a lot of wins/team wins. And it's baseball, very different than football. Not many 38 year old footballers now.

Either way, back to Lukaku. He can go wherever he wants to during the off-season. However he's accountable like every other current United player to get their training in and be ready for the upcoming season because they are United players until further notice. Ole said that each player has their specific training sheets and goals to hit in lieu of the new season, i.e. they need to be prepared to hit the ground running and if they aren't, it's their fault, nobody else to blame.
Personally i don't mind if he stays or goes. He is still a quality striker who will score goals for you but unfortunately he doesn't suit the quick counter attacking style i think we're shifting towards. If he goes do we buy another striker who will have to settle into a team in transtion. Or he stays but knowing he wont be guaranteed to start as it looks like rashford will be a striker going forward and Mason Greenwood is a player id also like to see more involved next year. either way hes one of the few players that shows a bit of passion for the club especially under mourinho.

Kostur

海尔的老板
For F sake, have you seen the guy with his shirt off? He's ripped. I never get this point. He's no Luke Shaw on pies 2 years ago. The team has no stamina, no energy, and I blame that on past managers and the state of the Club. Make fun of his touch, etc.. but he's not fat.
And you do realise that it was himself who said that he's put on too much muscle, right? I haven't said anywhere that he's too fat.

The joke was with Fat Joe being Rooney but nobody caught on :(

Jericholyte2

One of today’s tweets notes inter coming with a swap offer, cash and Perisic. Think we could do a deal for Skriniar and have 3 at the back:

Lindelof KK / De Ligt Skriniar

AWB. Partay. Pogba. Shaw

Fernandez

Felix. Rashford

C'est Moi Cantona

Sell Lukaku, replace him with Martial, and use the money to buy a top class winger, or is that just too obvious to happen in the real world.

AshRK

Amount of hatred he gets is absolutely astounding. Yes, he is no Aguero or Kane but he is also far better than Martial and Rashford as number 9. The guy scored 27 goals last season and this season he scored 15 even after being shit. I would still keep him for one more season and try to see if he can improve and be more consistent. As hard as it may sound, at this moment he is the only guy in this team who can score 20+ goals in a season for us.

Unless we get a quality forward , there is no point selling him and just keeping Rashford and Martial.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Shipping Lukaku would be the sort of big brave move a ruthless top manager would make.

We'll see if Ole has it in his locker. I can't personally see it, but he's certainly not looked likely to fit how we wanted to play early on in Ole's run.

But selling him would be very brave, as we'd have to go for a big striker too, as the idea of having just Rashford, Martial and Greenwood would be madness.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Perisic? feck that.
We do love a left winger.
Sanchez, Martial, Rashford. Get Perisic and the Swansea kid in. Maybe Bale in too, but to play on the left. Beauty.

Ashley Young can handle the right on his own for another few years right?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
We do love a left winger.
Sanchez, Martial, Rashford. Get Perisic and the Swansea kid in. Maybe Bale in too, but to play on the left. Beauty.

Ashley Young can handle the right on his own for another few years right?
Perhaps we’ll ditch the right wing all together. All out assault on the left in an unprecedented formation. Luckily we’ve got Ashley Young to mind the right side of defence. Perfect really

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Amount of hatred he gets is absolutely astounding. Yes, he is no Aguero or Kane but he is also far better than Martial and Rashford as number 9. The guy scored 27 goals last season and this season he scored 15 even after being shit. I would still keep him for one more season and try to see if he can improve and be more consistent. As hard as it may sound, at this moment he is the only guy in this team who can score 20+ goals in a season for us.

Unless we get a quality forward , there is no point selling him and just keeping Rashford and Martial.
What's with the oh let's keep him and see does he improve.
He's not a kid and United shouldn't be a nursery for experienced players that might get better. Lukaku is not good enough to lead the line. He Needs to be moved on and replace because you are right about the other two.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I'd be interested to see a season of peak fitness Lukaku in this team. His up and down form this season has been largely down to his physical condition

That being said I wouldn't shed many tears if he was sold for the right price

AshRK

He's not a kid and United shouldn't be a nursery for experienced players that might get better. Lukaku is not good enough to lead the line. He Needs to be moved on and replace because you are right about the other two.
There is no point moving him without any replacement. Martial and rashford cannot lead this attack. Unless we go and sign Lewandowski or jovic or icardi it would be of no use to just sell Lukaku.

northender

Supports
Preston North End
Surely worth keeping him for now and seeing how he progresses. He didn't start the season fit. When fit and in the groove he scores 20+ in the Prem. Is he an elite European striker, probably not but United aren't there at the moment. Deserves another season.

Handré1990

He’s not top quality, I’d rather we stop messing about with ‘almost’ too long. Loved Martial when he got here, he’s disappointed no end these last years so I want him sold. Same as Lukaku. Is this hatred? Because that’s mostly what I’ve seen people argue. Not good enough/consistently good enough over 2 seasons, our second most expensive signing ever, must surely be on the top 10 most expensive of all time (?).

Aloysius's Back 3

Lukaku is just our Fellaini. Either he is happy with that or not. If we use him more than breaks down the fluidity of any top team.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Imperative we sell now.

Our only player that can fetch a good fee. I'm not including pogba because I think he is staying.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If we can get 70m euros, take it and run

Will Singh

Shipping Lukaku would be the sort of big brave move a ruthless top manager would make.

We'll see if Ole has it in his locker. I can't personally see it, but he's certainly not looked likely to fit how we wanted to play early on in Ole's run.

But selling him would be very brave, as we'd have to go for a big striker too, as the idea of having just Rashford, Martial and Greenwood would be madness.
Ole only fits in 1 of those 3 categories and that's Manager

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Surely worth keeping him for now and seeing how he progresses. He didn't start the season fit. When fit and in the groove he scores 20+ in the Prem. Is he an elite European striker, probably not but United aren't there at the moment. Deserves another season.
Sadly but this makes the most sense.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
There is no point moving him without any replacement. Martial and rashford cannot lead this attack. Unless we go and sign Lewandowski or jovic or icardi it would be of no use to just sell Lukaku.
He has to be replaced

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He won’t be sold unless if we receive £70m offer I believe. Big season for him next season. Hopefully the club can bring top creative player this season & we will soon see how he performs with Pogba & another top creative player in the team.

Is it really about lack of creativity in the team that stopping him or he’s just a replica of Heskey.

Lentwood

I wouldn't take a penny less than £75m.....this forum does realise that Everton spent £100m on Sigurddson and Richarlison? Lukaku was the youngest player to score 100 PL goals and leads the line for one of the best International sides in the world. No chance we let him go cheap, he will score 20+ every season in the right team

Judas

Open to offers
I'd be interested to see a season of peak fitness Lukaku in this team. His up and down form this season has been largely down to his physical condition

That being said I wouldn't shed many tears if he was sold for the right price
His form has been up and down his entire career though hasn't it. He's a very streaky player. Its not a new thing for his form to dip, so you can't blame it entirely on his physical condition.

Suvvernmanc

Absolutely agree. Also, he'll be worth less each season as our 2nd choice striker. If we can get £50-60m for him now to Inter, just do it and get in someone better suited to Oles system.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Absolutely agree. Also, he'll be worth less each season as our 2nd choice striker. If we can get £50-60m for him now to Inter, just do it and get in someone better suited to Oles system.
This where we are weak in transfer market. We should be taking advantage of his stats, he got lot of goals in him which attract other clubs to sign him. Club like Inter desperate to sign a new striker. Next season PSG probably desperate to sign Cavani replacement. Even Chelsea & atl madrid need a striker. We should be using all these clubs who desperate looking for striker to the maximum price we can get from him.

No good offer then we keep him since he can still be useful. And who knows he might be able to turn it around.

50m is peanut. Siggurdson & richarlison cost the same amount, look at how much a club is willing to spend on players when they are so desperate.

Suvvernmanc

This where we are weak in transfer market. We should be taking advantage of his stats, he got lot of goals in him which attract other clubs to sign him. Club like Inter desperate to sign a new striker. Next season PSG probably desperate to sign Cavani replacement. Even Chelsea & atl madrid need a striker. We should be using all these clubs who desperate looking for striker to the maximum price we can get from him.

No good offer then we keep him since he can still be useful. And who knows he might be able to turn it around.

50m is peanut. Siggurdson & richarlison cost the same amount, look at how much a club is willing to spend on players when they are so desperate.
When we are actively trying to sell a player, we dont have all the leverage. The leverage on a deal can benefit the buying club. We can say 'he doesn't fit our system', 'hes a great player', to help with our leverage.

A deal to inter will be a deal that IMO could be our only option. Not many clubs will fit him in to their style (our problem) and not many can afford £75m+. Inter will not pay £75m I promise you that.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
When we are actively trying to sell a player, we dont have all the leverage. The leverage on a deal can benefit the buying club. We can say 'he doesn't fit our system', 'hes a great player', to help with our leverage.

A deal to inter will be a deal that IMO could be our only option. Not many clubs will fit him in to their style (our problem) and not many can afford £75m+. Inter will not pay £75m I promise you that.
Inter will not pay the money then they can stick with their problematic striker Icardi. Chelsea will not pay then they can stick with Morata & Giroud. AC Milan won’t pay then they can stick with whatever they have right now. All these clubs have shown some stupidity spending crazy amount of money on player and it won’t be the last one knowing that they are desperate to get new striker.

He doesn’t fit to the system doesn’t mean he doesn’t fit to the plan B or C. We can’t just play in one system, what if doesn’t work in a certain game? Then that’s where we switch to different system.

john moran

The people that think Lukaku is only worth £50 million and should be sold are the same people who think Barcelona were prepared to pay £100 M for Rashford . The mind boggles
Sell him when you have better in place , right now we dont have .

Status
Not open for further replies.