Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

haram

They have the money, they literally got 35m odd for Cancelo, and they will look to move on certain players in the window, including Dybala. If they really wanted him, they would have found a way to get him, and not let Inter have him without any opposition.
You do realise they also purchased other players as well :houllier:.

NotQuiteManc

Let's see if Lukaku is being sold, that would improve other player's mood around the club. Rumours of rift between him and Pogba, not to mention the "grown ass man" comment during Jose's tenure, and he obviously was 'undroppable'.

Ace of Spades

You do realise they also purchased other players as well :houllier:.
I know, but what has that got anything to do with this. You do realise they have enough money to buy those players with the money they generate, and don't have to rely on players going out. If they were as desperate for Lukaku as you imply, then they would have found a way to get him.

NotQuiteManc

Lack of stamina too, due to the weight and/or lack of fitness work. Sure he can run fast(er) but once in 90 minutes? Pretty useless then as the main striker/starter. Would work as a sub, but he wants to be the main man.

haram

I know, but what has that got anything to do with this. You do realise they have enough money to buy those players with the money they generate, and don't have to rely on players going out. If they were as desperate for Lukaku as you imply, then they would have found a way to get him.
FFP exists and they have added big wages in Ramsey, Ronaldo and de Ligt. They wanted him but didn’t have the money. That’s the truth, get over it.

gaffs

He was a bad fit for the team. A very good counter attacking forward for teams like Everton or WBA, but no good for United when we have the majority of possession.

Thank you, next.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So is it fair to say, Lukaku was the virus all along?

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Confirmed by Beeb.

£65m base rising up to £74m with addons.

M16Red

He really threw in the towel in Paris didn’t he. He really gave up when our players dropped like flies against Liverpool and he was playing RB didn’t he. Just say it how it is, Ole didn’t want him and now he’s gone.
Are you upset? Why?

If Ole wants us to play quick attacking football they need to have a good first touch, I'm a Lukaku fan but it did sometimes take him a while to trap a ball.

The man is massive and scored 2 goals in the EPL with his head whats that all about? Anyway best of luck to him.

He engineered a move, spat his dummy out, sulked, isolated himself from the team and leaked our internal speed statistics (Do you not think klopp will read that and be like shaw is slow lets stick mane on him)... Yes all Ole's fault.

LVGWay

Lukaku was horrific here, apart from PSG away. Nowhere near a United standard striker. Technically levels below great strikers we had in the past. However the thing is, all of this and he’s still miles better than Rashford. We’re in for a long season

NotQuiteManc

Are you upset? Why?

If Ole wants us to play quick attacking football they need to have a good first touch, I'm a Lukaku fan but it did sometimes take him a while to trap a ball.

The man is massive and scored 2 goals in the EPL with his head whats that all about? Anyway best of luck to him.

He engineered a move, spat his dummy out, sulked, isolated himself from the team and leaked our internal speed statistics (Do you not think klopp will read that and be like shaw is slow lets stick mane on him)... Yes all Ole's fault.
I didn't expect that from him, especially after the interviews and articles when he was first signed. It reads and he sounded (supposedly) mature and eager to learn and be successful etc. but leaking of the data just smacks indiscipline, sulking, unprofessional behaviour. Certainly not welcomed at any club, let alone United.

Ace of Spades

FFP exists and they have added big wages in Ramsey, Ronaldo and de Ligt. They wanted him but didn’t have the money. That’s the truth, get over it.
Again, if they wanted him, they would have gotten him. Get over it.

starman

Need to see him in a Inter shirt before i can take a sigh of relief. Still anxious its going to fall through...

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
28 goals in two years in the Prem.

Didn't rate him, but who is gonna step up and score those goals?
Logically anyone who is going to play center forward for us. Martial and Rashford had a comparable goalscoring rate when used as strikers. The issue is that we still haven't fixed the right wing issue and the lack of goals from there.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Logically anyone who is going to play center forward for us. Martial and Rashford had a comparable goalscoring rate when used as strikers. The issue is that we still haven't fixed the right wing issue and the lack of goals from there.
Also if lets say Rashford is injured and we need Martial upfront then who on earth is going to play LW? Sanchez? Lingzbeans? James the runner with a smile on his face? That would translate in a serious reduction in quality from LW to accommodate Martial upfront.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Also if lets say Rashford is injured and we need Martial upfront then who on earth is going to play LW? Sanchez? Lingzbeans? James the runner with a smile on his face? That would translate in a serious reduction in quality from LW to accommodate Martial upfront.
That's the issue for me and why I wanted to see Lukaku sold earlier even if it meant 10 less millions. It's easier to find adequate and cheaper replacement early in the window by trying to squeeze the maximum we potentially damaged our season.

If I have a problem with this transfer window, it's the lack of body at the CM/DM position, one more player would have been ideal. And the lack of body/quality on the wings, I would even entertain the idea of signing Bale on loan for one season whatever his wage is.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He's not left the club in a great way, won't be remembered for his time here.

Status
Not open for further replies.