Lukaku: We have been working on quick passing in last couple of weeks

pascell

No way I'd play Lukaku on the wings, he has no dribbling skill whatsoever and highly relies on his strength to get past players when dribbling.

Red_Ramirez

He should work outside coming in more often..

Work the channels more

Standing up front makes too predictable

moodyred

Glad to hear about the quick passing. Hopefully the passing is in the forward direction?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Ironically, you have 3 young strikers (Lukaku, Rashford, martial) who would probably all be best suited to playing an old school 2 up front. And a manager who wouldn't dream of playing anything other than a singular 200lb+ striker up front.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
We should try a fluid front three of Martial, Rashford and Sanchez, keep Heskey on the bench until we go 2 behind so we can lump it to him and Fellaini.:drool:

redIndianDevil

Rashford. Read the previous message before replying
Number 10 is one of the most important positions in modern football and requires a advanced technique, passing, control and vision to play there. And we play the absolute crap there, Fellaini, Lingard etc. Rashford would be abysmal as a 10.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Ironically, you have 3 young strikers (Lukaku, Rashford, martial) who would probably all be best suited to playing an old school 2 up front. And a manager who wouldn't dream of playing anything other than a singular 200lb+ striker up front.
Sanchez too.
Also considering that we have no wingers, I don't get why we haven't played a 442 diamond.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
It blows my mind that some people here actually want Romelu fecking Lukaku to play on the wing for Man Utd just because he can occasionally put in a decent cross.
If he's not good enough to play in his own position, it doesnt make sense to try to slot him somewhere else, especially for a player of Lukaku's profile, who is very one-dimensional.

Aloysius's Back 3

Why do we need to play Lukaku on the wing - he can play as a RF & be much better than a target man.

We don't need wingers at all when we have fullbacks who can do the same darn thing.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The only thing quick about his game these days is the speed of the ball bouncing off him.

Cloud7

Remember when we were allegedly working on playing a more “attacking” style of football based on 30 minutes of pressing against Spurs? Good times.....good times.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Remember when we were allegedly working on playing a more “attacking” style of football based on 30 minutes of pressing against Spurs? Good times.....good times.
I still think there was an attempt. But there's a good reason Mourinho didn't make his name playing attacking football. He just can't do it. Also wouldn't be surprised if it was just part of his PR offensive to get the fans on his side.