Lukaku's non-celebrations

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's obviously pissed off, whether it's the criticism he's got this season or he's not happy with his performances himself either way I'm sure if he gets a hattrick in the second half then he'll raise a smile

Member 5225

For feck's sake, Martial does not sulk?? What's the matter with you people?
He’s a WUM. Best ignore him.
Read his tagline.

No idea why he didn't celebrate against Bournemouth but he doesn't usually celebrate against West Brom.
Martial literally addressed it recently and admitted to it. Also reports re: his sulk at losing #9, not starting enough, personal life issues etc etc
But yeah, go ahead, I'm a WUM!

Kostur

海尔的老板
This becoming a talking point reeks of the 21st century obsession to know and comment on literally everything somebody 'famous' does. The world is hopeless.

Witchking

He can do what he wants. Rather than analysing his game, pundits are analysing his celebrations :D

Gross Domestic Peasant

He'll be revealing a 'Why always me?' t-shirt soon, or scribbling 'Slave' on his face like Prince did when he couldn't extricate himself from a recording contract.

He's definitely suggesting something. It can only be his frustration either with his form, the reaction it has got from fans/media/manager, or all of that. But those who consider his apathy meaningless have to admit he's making a statement, and it's not one of contentment. Strikers get off on scoring, but Lukaku is pretending it means little to him right now, and/or he's commenting on his perceived unfair treatment. He'd do well to get over it now though, as it's showing his thoughts are elsewhere right now, regardless of having scored again.

peridigm

Mourinho didn't celebrate either.

When both a manager and a centre forward don't celebrate an opening goal, what does that mean? Perhaps one of the resident Body Language Analysts can answer. Show your work.
I often have this type of relationship with my wife. I think she’s mad at me. She thinks I’m made at her. Neither are mad at all. The lack of happiness results in anger at each other. Few days go by then makeup sex.

Jose and Lukaku need to rub each other out and all will be happy again.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Martial literally addressed it recently and admitted to it. Also reports re: his sulk at losing #9, not starting enough, personal life issues etc etc
Get over it!

Jagga7

It's a bad sign if he's sulking about criticism. Criticism comes part and parcel with playing with a top club.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
As a wise man once said, does the postman celebrate when he delivers letters?
:lol:

Seriously, though - he's a professional footballer which means he has bit of prima donna in him. He'll start celebrating soon enough.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
Jose didn't celebrate either, but I m sure he thought "feckin yeah"!

keithsingleton

I'm getting fed up of it now, whats going on with him?? Disrespectful to fans and manager. Get a grip Lukaku as its not on. :(

Minimalist

I thought its obvious? He is still feeling bad about his role in defeat by City, and can't get himself to celebrate anything yet?
I'm hoping it's not that at all but rather his frustration with his recent output. Blaming himself for the City result is stupid. United were fecking shite on the day.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Heh.

Think he will start celebrating when he’s happier with his form. A player like Rom can’t be celebrating the odd goal every few games.

klsv

So, Pogba and Lingard celebrate too much, Lukaku doesn't celebrate enough. Goes to show how well things are for us if not celebrating goals is an issue. I blame being able to control celebrations on FIFA.

Camilo

Mourinho didn't celebrate either.

When both a manager and a centre forward don't celebrate an opening goal, what does that mean? Perhaps one of the resident Body Language Analysts can answer. Show your work.
I think it means they both care what other people think far too much.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Most accurate statement you’ve made all year. Easily top contender for the WUM award.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Couldn't care so long as he's scoring.

wolvored

Perhaps Mou has told him not to, seeing as he does the same. Who knows?

Donut

I think it's because he knows how bad he f... up against City and the title is now gone. Scoring against the small teams is the minimum of what we expect from him (& probably him from himself.)

Thecarrickfan_2016

Who gives a shit, As long as he scores goals for us, I couldn't give a feck about how we celebrates to be honest.

Betson

Does not bother me at all , if he is sulking but still scoring goals then I will take that.

I think he knows at this stage there is no doubt about him been able to do the business against mid table and lower table teams.

But he has been abysmal in the big games so far , he knows now as a utd player these big games are the ones where your value will be really assessed.