Lukaku's non-celebrations

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I remember Thierry Henry getting some heat for hardly celebrating his goals. I never understood what the big deal about it was. I also tend to agree with his thinking, as a striker it's his job to score goals, just business.

John Blund

He should start celebrating like Scholes. Or Alan Shearer. Nothing rehearsed - just put one arm up and run around smiling.

red thru&thru

Great insults, kid. Not my fault you can't understand words or concepts above 3rd grade level.
You started the insults first. You can agree or disagree with someone’s post but to start getting personal by calling someone uneducated, is out of order. Personally, I thought you wasn’t allowed to do that on this forum but it is as it is.

You shower your level of intelligence by doing that. So, as you have made it personal and nothing to do with the current subject, you can DM and I’ll happy to continue this conversation and not waste unnecessary forum space!

Klopp_De_Klown

I think its all down to the city game. He feels he let us down and now is just focusing on making this work. SO maybe until he does what he feels is getting up to the standard he thinks he needs to be at while in a United jersey. He may just be working hard on improving.

I have to say in the last 5 games his support play is much better. I'd prefer if he just stretched defences in behind but he's always looking to come deep. And in the tight, he's just not good enough!

Play him to his strengths.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah, I get the feeling he's just wanting to get his head down and score more. Think he'll be happy when he knows he's back on track properly.

Mr PG

Trouble is this points more to him being a big track bully, which is what many accuse him off. Great against the lesser sides, but goes missing against the big teams. He can sulk all him wants, but until he starts performing against higher profile teams these accusations won't go away.
We all knew Lukaku was a flat -track bully when we purchased him but we also knew it was what we needed after we drew over 9 games last season and that time was on his side. Ronaldo was the same when he was younger albeit much more technical talent but he struggled against the bigger teams initially.

JMack1234

Honestly discussing the rights and wrongs of players celebrations infuriates me, everything that is wrong about modern football coverage can be found in these discussions. The pettiness, the unimportance and the soap opera.

Web of Bissaka

Could it be.. his non-celebration is actually a celebration in itself.

:lol: Let him 'celebrate' goals however he wants.

Reminds me a lot when our Tony V doesn't properly celebrate by football standard after scoring in his first season, then eventually he add a smile and some celebration stunts or something with all the social pressure.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This was after Southampton game which we won 1-0.

JoaquinJoaquin

As long as he keeps scoring I couldn't care less if he didn't celebrate or mooneyed the crowd to be honest.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Barring personal preference for energetic celebrations and a general desire to want our players to be enjoying their football I can't believe anyone was genuinely perturbed by Lukaku's non-celebrations.

As has been said I hope his recent displays of passion put paid to anyone's lingering worries.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I don't mind them even though I prefer the passionate celebrations like his one after Lingard's goal. His just standing there celebrations remind me of Keano which is a bonus.