Lukaku's non-celebrations

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
He used to play for WBA.

He only celebrated against Everton because their supporters took the piss out of him.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
To be fair I don’t care. If it works for him and he keeps scoring it’s all good

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's almost a celebration in itself -- I'm doing my job here, professional. Let's carrying on scoring and winning, we'll celebrate when we're first type of stuff.

Member 5225

Getting tedious tbh.

Nearly getting to Martial (constant sulking) mode, which I abhor.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I like when he stands still and just puts his arms out.

Also, people don’t like when Pogba and Lingard celebrate, now Lukaku is getting criticised for not celebrating?

el3mel

He had a terrible game against City, which may have costed us any chance to catch them, so don't think he'll go mad in celebration for a while, till he scores a really important goal.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I couldn't give a toss. He's been rightly criticised for being poor in a few matches so if he feels like he wants to make a point now fair play.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
At least he isn’t doing the dab.

Don’t give a shit if he celebrates or not. Maybe it’s like that thing you do when you say I’m not shaving until I’ve achieved xy and z. Maybe he’s waiting to hit his 20 goal mark or something.

Who knows, who cares? Score more goals, that’s all we should care about.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
That IS his celebration.

He's probably waiting till we achieve something significant before celebrating, unlike a certain confetti throwing bunch of cheating cnuts.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Mourinho didn't celebrate either.

When both a manager and a centre forward don't celebrate an opening goal, what does that mean? Perhaps one of the resident Body Language Analysts can answer. Show your work.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Next topic: Lukaku’s gloves, a cause for concern?
How can he have the audacity to wrap up his hands when we haven’t wrapped up the league yet?

Varun

Staff
I'm fine with him breaking down in tears as long as he keeps putting the ball in the back of the net.

El Jefe

I think he's disappointed in himself for his form in the top games.

He's desperate to prove his critics wrong and thinks goals against Bournemouth and West Brom are things he's expected to do.

shaky

I’m fine with it.

There’s not a great deal to celebrate.
This kind of attitude is why. We have a bunch of entitled, joyless fans who don't even really care about the results, as long as they have something to whine about. Self flagellation is the only acceptable goal celebration.

Kapardin

I like it. He had a mare against City, and if this is his way of acknowledging that and channeling his anger, I am all for it.

Dunno if it is also because its' West Brom, of course.

Canagel

I haven't celebrated either. There is nothing to celebrate at the moment. The defeat against City has ruined everything and these kind of results take a while to get over. Lukaku himself knows he hasn't been good enough recently and maybe feels he let the team down vs City which I can fully understand.

HJ12

FS! For 10 minutes after he scored against WBA, the commentators are going on about this non celebration. Then the whole freakin half time analysis in studio as well! Robbie Fowler: "Man united paid a lot of money for him so he should celebrate". Wtf? Pundits can't stick the boot in because of lack of goals, now they're looking for other nonsense crap to go on about.

Reactions: SteveJ

CG1010

I thought its obvious? He is still feeling bad about his role in defeat by City, and can't get himself to celebrate anything yet?

Castia

I dont give a shit, if the goals keep coming he can do what he pleases.