Lukaku's non-celebrations

red_devil83

He had a terrible game against City, which may have costed us any chance to catch them, so don't think he'll go mad in celebration for a while, till he scores a really important goal.
Something like this. He's been shit for ages. I think he knows he owes us these goals so he's not celebrating yet.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If he scores the winner in the CL final in the very last minute, in a game where we've been 3-0 down, and celebrates by calmly walking back to the center circle, i still wouldn't give a flying feck.

Andy_Cole

I think it’s a humble reason. He’s shouldered the blame for the city defeat. Doesn’t think he deserves to celebrate until he is forgiven.

Edea

I feel for him. May he improve his finishing and be more involved in the game

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'm pretty sure he's going to go mental when he scores a stoppage time winner against City in Kyiv in May next year.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Was he not just showing respect to a former club? That cnut Welbeck could learn a thing or two about that.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
Really don't know why people care.
Don't care.
I couldn't give a toss. He's been rightly criticised for being poor in a few matches so if he feels like he wants to make a point now fair play.
Who cares? As long as he's scoring goals, he can do what he wants.
Next topic: Lukaku’s gloves, a cause for concern?
How can he have the audacity to wrap up his hands when we haven’t wrapped up the league yet?
I dont give a shit, if the goals keep coming he can do what he pleases.
Don't care, he can do whatever he wants.
Who cares? Seriously.
Hah, I dont care if he didnt celebrate as long as he score goals in every match.
Why do folk care???????? Seriously.
Awesome, another unimportant subject to overanalyse.
Who cares.
Couldn't care so long as he's scoring.
Who gives a shit, As long as he scores goals for us, I couldn't give a feck about how we celebrates to be honest.
/Thread

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Still the pressure is off and everyone was celebrating, so not sure if makes any difference.

Saying "It's all about him" is just making mountain out of a mole hill.
You're probably right but I still have an issue with any player who celebrates in an overtly self important manner.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think he's disappointed in himself for his form in the top games.
He's desperate to prove his critics wrong and thinks goals against Bournemouth and West Brom are things he's expected to do.
I think this is probably about right.
He isn't going to celebrate wildly about scoring against Bournemouth, when we are 11 points behind City, and the media are focusing on him only being able to score against the likes of Bournemouth...

MUFC OK

Think he will celebrate when he scores against one of the big boys, I assume its a cross between not being happy with his form and some of the criticism he has received for not performing in big games.

red_devil83

Not really. He owes us nothing. He had scored 13 all season before yesterday
If you believe you're a top striker, then I'm pretty sure a 10 game goal drought will leave you feeling that you owe the team

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
The question is if he is sulking because of the stick he got from the fans for one of the worst United performances I have ever seen against City.
Bad as it was, Gary Neville takes that accolade. At least Lukaku isn't meant to be a defender.

prath92

Oh yes. That previous game that ended his 10 game goal drought? In which he also did not celebrate? I see your point...
No he also scored against Newcastle which was maybe 4 games before that? He also scored in the game vs cska

AmanNits04

Mourinho didn't celebrate either.

When both a manager and a centre forward don't celebrate an opening goal, what does that mean? Perhaps one of the resident Body Language Analysts can answer. Show your work.
We have got plenty of those on caf :D:D

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
If he is showing he is upset at criticism it's a bad thing.

If he is upset he let the team down it's a good thing.

Since we don't know which it is, it's pointless.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Surely you’re wumming?

How would I know what a player wants when he come to United? Other than the high salaries (would get more in China), players will come to United to win trophies. To better themselves. To test themselves as one of the best players, playing for one of the best ever managers, at the on of the biggest clubs in the world.

Oh and about reading Lukaku’s mind, I don’t really have to. When he gave his interviews, when he signed, he clearly said he’s come to win trophies. :houllier:
My point is that of basic epistemology, that you may *think* you know what goes on in his mind, but that doesn't mean you actually do. Perhaps he came here mainly for the money. Perhaps he came for the chance at trophies. We don't know for sure. Obviously he's going to say lofty things in an interview when signing for a new club. If he'd signed for Chelsea instead, he'd say the exact same thing.

If I remember your previous post correctly, you had an idea that he didn't celebrate because the title race is probably over (sheer supposition on your part), and that this makes sense because he came here to win the league (another supposition). I'm not saying that's definitely wrong, I'm saying there's no way for you to know that it's right, as you don't know what he's thinking. Your mental model of the world is not the world. You've constructed a hypothesis based on very little verifiable information, and you think it must be correct. All I'm saying is that you have no way of knowing if it's correct or not.

davidmichael

He scores against the lesser teams for fun (31 in his last 38 I think it was I read) so what’s there to celebrate ? Maybe when he scores against Liverpool or City or Chelsea then he’ll have something to celebrate.

red thru&thru

My point is that of basic epistemology, that you may *think* you know what goes on in his mind, but that doesn't mean you actually do. Perhaps he came here mainly for the money. Perhaps he came for the chance at trophies. We don't know for sure. Obviously he's going to say lofty things in an interview when signing for a new club. If he'd signed for Chelsea instead, he'd say the exact same thing.

If I remember your previous post correctly, you had an idea that he didn't celebrate because the title race is probably over (sheer supposition on your part), and that this makes sense because he came here to win the league (another supposition). I'm not saying that's definitely wrong, I'm saying there's no way for you to know that it's right, as you don't know what he's thinking. Your mental model of the world is not the world. You've constructed a hypothesis based on very little verifiable information, and you think it must be correct. All I'm saying is that you have no way of knowing if it's correct or not.
WTF was that post all about?

This is a forum where people discuss things. I never claimed to know what his feelings on this is. Why don’t we just close this thread down then, as none of us ACTUALLY know why he’s not celebrating?!

Mods?

Mainoldo

Who cares!! Atleast he's scoring, that's all that matters. Can not celebrate for the whole season carry it into Fifa 19.

whatwha

WTF was that post all about?

This is a forum where people discuss things. I never claimed to know what his feelings on this is. Why don’t we just close this thread down then, as none of us ACTUALLY know why he’s not celebrating?!

Mods?
Lol. You're clearly too ignorant and uneducated to understand much of anything.

red thru&thru

Lol. You're clearly too ignorant and uneducated to understand much of anything.
Uneducated? Hahahahaha, you’re just a tool! You clearly can’t put whatever stupid argument you’re trying to put across, very well! Who’s the uneducated one now? Spanner. Lol

minoo-utd

I bet it's all because those two goals against City, he took the blame big time. Hope to see him happy and win something with us but all what matters is him scoring goals.

Can7onA

As long as he keeps banging them in I couldn't give a feck, you sulk big man.

diplomat

It feels as if he is unhappy with the way the team plays behind him, it is not his style to drop back and pick up the ball, but sometimes it barely reaches Lukaku and that is frustrating for any forward.

I hope for our sake the team starts providing the service to Lukaku, because both Martial and Rashford have proven to be inconsistent in their goalscoring, so it is up to our number 9 to hit the back of the net most games, at least until Ibrahimovic has regained match fitness.

whatwha

Uneducated? Hahahahaha, you’re just a tool! You clearly can’t put whatever stupid argument you’re trying to put across, very well! Who’s the uneducated one now? Spanner. Lol
Great insults, kid. Not my fault you can't understand words or concepts above 3rd grade level.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I understand why he feels down. He makes runs for most of the game and no-one finds him, when they try to find him the quality of the ball is shocking, and he gives them a thumps up and clap and tries again.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
I find it pretty cool not celebrating, like that's not much of a big deal, just more goals. Celebrations became so choreographed and fake this is kind of refreshing. Never forgot this one, though.

ManUnitedSteph

You know how when we're down and the players don't celebrate scoring a goal, but they grab the ball out of the net and get back to business? He may feel that he's underperformed in some matches so it's time to get back to business instead of celebrating. We should support him and get him back to his best.

Swift Football

Was he not just showing respect to a former club? That cnut Welbeck could learn a thing or two about that.
Welbeck plays for like 3 months in a year and scores something like two goals all season. So, it makes sense for him to celebrate each goal as much as possible :D

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Don't care.

Interestingly, overly self centered celebrations annoy me more.