Lukaku's "touch"

Trizy

Needs to be sold while he has some sort of re-sale value, albeit most likely at a loss. He's beyond useless.

Most starting strikers in the league at better than him at every aspect of football.

Suarez, Kane, Aguero, Ronaldo, Lewandowski is the level a top team need to aim for, nothing less.

VJ1762

Needs to be sold while he has some sort of re-sale value, albeit most likely at a loss. He's beyond useless.

Most starting strikers in the league at better than him at every aspect of football.

Suarez, Kane, Aguero, Ronaldo, Lewandowski is the level a top team need to aim for, nothing less.
Bro, he is not even looking better than rashford, never mind the big boys.

Twitter is a gold mine though. We had the horse meme. Here is the elephant meme.

Greck

What's wrong? Had the exact same miscontrol against Young boys when he left the ball behind. Just stepped on it instead of rolling it. Hope the jokes don't become a mental block because he's getting worse by the game

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

I'd say definitely at a loss. Everton were probably bricking it until he signed on the dotted line, hoping we wouldn't change our mind. He's not even someone like Rashford, who I'd like to see under another manager with renewed confidence. He's just not a good enough footballer, and never will be.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

Ronaldo isn't a striker, Juve's striker is Mandzukic and he's not better technically than Lukaku.

Last year Lukaku was more than good enough to start for United, this year he's put on some weight and has been playing like crap. His first touch is inconsistent but he's not really a donkey, he can play football and terrorize defenses with the ball at his feet too.

Eddy_JukeZ

Hopefully we sell him off in the summer.

To anyone.

Nowhere near good enough.

Foxbatt

Ronaldo isn't a striker, Juve's striker is Mandzukic and he's not better technically than Lukaku.

Last year Lukaku was more than good enough to start for United, this year he's put on some weight and has been playing like crap. His first touch is inconsistent but he's not really a donkey, he can play football and terrorize defenses with the ball at his feet too.
He can terrorise the ball for sure too.

acrebo

You’re all being way too harsh.

Have you tried standing on a rolling football while running towards it? Bloody difficult skill to master.

MooseTheMooche

His first touch is beyond ridiculous. I absolutely cannot comprehend how a professional footballer that spends most of his time practicing with a ball can be this bad at one element of the game. Surely at some point you just stop thinking about such basic things and when that ball is coming, you just think about the next possible move. This guy is just something else.

SNes

Hard to tell if he's trying to control the football or trying a first time through ball.

Foxbatt

Is it going to be on the TV as what happens next clip?

Member 39557

This and the one during the week where he trod on the ball and went to run off leaving it behind him, coupled with the fact that his 1st touch is so good that his 2nd touch is a tackle make me think I was worth a good 50-60 million in my prime.

Gordon S

Comedy gold! He is actually making me laugh!
But when i think about what we paid for him i stop laughing. Worst invested 75m in any sports business?

Mason Greenwood can't be that far off atm.

redshaw

Someone needs to put all these into a skills show youtube vid.

dogwithabone

Lukaku was rubbish but he did get a goal and if a striker takes a chance a game then he’s effectively doing his job. We can do better though and sending him back to Everton in exchange for Richarlason wouldn’t be the worst move we could make next summer.

InfiniteBoredom

Lukaku was rubbish but he did get a goal and if a striker takes a chance a game then he’s effectively doing his job. We can do better though and sending him back to Everton in exchange for Richarlason wouldn’t be the worst move we could make next summer.
Everton would pay us to keep him.

Signing him at that price was a colossal mistake, it’s not as if we can relegate him to a squad role and bring in another, with the wage he’s on.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
We used be desperate for players in five aside or to balance out the teams so you have an equal number of players on each side. So we would end up playing with people who had never kicked a football in their life. They do exactly what Lukaku did today with his poor touch. But they are not professional footballers.

Look he got a goal. But his first touch (forget about this stupid mistake) is poor on occasion.

RedFish

Its painfully obvious he may be willing but hes not an elite striker. I desperately need to find a no 9 to lead our front line. He lacks ability and he will never be good enough in my humble opinion.

jem

People are going over the top with the name-calling. You don't score as many goals as he has in the EPL if you are a Championship-calibre striker, as some have claimed. That being said, he's been awful this season, and it's hard to fight the suspicion that he's just not quite good enough.

fellaini's barber

It's been a very miserable two days for me and I was really sad and down while watching the game, but Lukaku made me burst out laughing twice for a few seconds

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I feel sorry for the guy. I genuinely don't know why he's struggling so much this season. Has he really bulked up too much? Is he not feeling right mentally? What is it, Romelu?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Morata:s form may be bad but the level he is capable of reaching is far above what Lukaku could achieve.
Lukaku is good at what he does. Being the last guy to touch the ball before it ends up in thr back of the net. He's not a guy who needs to have the ball and link up.

Morata is far more talented, sure, but a properly utilized Lukaku will score 20 league goals.

He's not United quality, he doesnt have enough tools for that, but he's nowhere near the worst striker in the league or what have you.

RedFish

Lukaku is good at what he does. Being the last guy to touch the ball before it ends up in thr back of the net. He's not a guy who needs to have the ball and link up.

Morata is far more talented, sure, but a properly utilized Lukaku will score 20 league goals.

He's not United quality, he doesnt have enough tools for that, but he's nowhere near the worst striker in the league or what have you.
Agreed.. I cam see him scoring 20+ goals in a season smashing them in from crosses, from around the box, but for some reason I see it happening only when he's at a mid table team where he is the main focus of attack. Asking him to be part of a team that needs to be multidimensional just doesn't fit for me. I wonder if he will realise that or maybe he does, but as if he'll give up his contract and ask for a move. You don't move from Manchester United when you are so evidently lucky to be there.

el3mel

The desperate thing is this fat useless lump will remain our striker next season because the new manager will surely give everyone a chance first. Desperate days. 1.5 season more to endure of this shite before hopefully the new manager throws him out of the window.

jmaggio

The desperate thing is this fat useless lump will remain our striker next season because the new manager will surely give everyone a chance first. Desperate days. 1.5 season more to endure of this shite before hopefully the new manager throws him out of the window.
He will go back to Everton. I could put money on it

el3mel

He will go back to Everton. I could put money on it
He'll. I'm sure he'll. For about 40-50m. Won't be next summer though. The one after the next is when he'll get chipped out to Everton for that price.