Lukaku's "touch"

ZlatMan

Lukaku's terrible touch is not a secret but it is getting worse. It is getting to a point where a local pub player has better ball control than our £75m forward.

CM10

It's like he's trying to outdo himself each game

Sp00ks11

I genuinely believed this was overhyped before he signed for us, but seeing him first hand as a United player its actually shocking he has made it as a footballer with a touch that is about as bad as it gets.

He doesn’t even play to his battering ram strengths anymore, instead he wants the ball to feet which highlights that he has hoofs rather than feet. Horrendous to watch.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Truly astonishing how bad it is.

I still laugh at when a few posters said the first touch thing is a myth when we first bought him.

Minimalist

He's definitely playing significantly worse now than he was before. People making out like he was always like this are just lying.

Something isn't right with him.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Haven't laughed that hard in ages. It's like he's a parody of himself at this stage

dove

He's definitely playing significantly worse now than he was before. People making out like he was always like this are just lying.

Something isn't right with him.
Now it got even worse when he lost all the confidence. Pogba's touches were horrendous today as well, maybe even worse than Lukaku's.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He's the type of player that used to be kept in goal in school, how he was allowed to play as a striker with that touch is baffling, and how he hasn't improved his ball control since birth is worrying.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’m pretty sure the ref blew the whistle as a moment of mourning.

In all seriousness though, they should MRI his brain. I’m quite convinced he’s got some tumor growing in his cerebellum/basal ganglia.
There is no way someone can regress from a decent premier league player to someone that cannot complete fundamental football skills. This is clearly without any physical disabilities because United actually have one of the most advanced sport science teams set up and would not let him anywhere near the pitch with any slight physical doubt.

Time to seriously, medically examine his head.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I was a reserve goalie in my pub team and whenever I fumbled a shot I faked breaking my hand.

Good times.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He's the type of player that used to be kept in goal in school, how he was allowed to play as a striker with that touch is baffling, and how he hasn't improved his ball control since birth is worrying.
Somebody said that the best way to improve first touch is to kick a ball against a wall.
If he does that for an hour a day, his first touch will improve.
Shame that our coaches haven't worked this out.

OneUnited24

I’m pretty sure the ref blew the whistle as a moment of mourning.

In all seriousness though, they should MRI his brain. I’m quite convinced he’s got some tumor growing in his cerebellum/basal ganglia.
There is no way someone can regress from a decent premier league player to someone that cannot complete fundamental football skills. This is clearly without any physical disabilities because United actually have one of the most advanced sport science teams set up and would not let him anywhere near the pitch with any slight physical doubt.

Time to seriously, medically examine his head.
I don’t think it’s his head I think he’s overweight

snk123

Lukaku's terrible touch is not a secret but it is getting worse. It is getting to a point where a local pub player has better ball control than our £75m forward.
I'm not very good at football but I definitely have a better first touch than Lukaku.

Orestetes

Sure let's laugh at Lukaku. Our striker who was constantly trying to receive balls in MIDFIELD, and then had the urge of trying to get the ball forward. Let's forget he's actually a striker, and should be nowhere near our midfield, or should be nowhere near giving as many crosses as he did. He was the only united player on the field who showed any attacking determination besides Rashford. Why did he stumble so foolishly over the ball at the end? It's because he was tired af from receiving the balls in midfield, getting it forward, and then running to the box himself.

He proves how good he actually is at the Belgian national team. That is how many goals he can score if he is allowed to play as a striker. That is how many goals he can score if he plays in a team with an attacking mindset. The hate he receives is ridiculous.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Somebody said that the best way to improve first touch is to kick a ball against a wall.
If he does that for an hour a day, his first touch will improve.
Shame that our coaches haven't worked this out.
It does boggle the mind as to what's happening in training for his ball control to be that bad, you have to wonder if it's match fixing, it shouldn't be possible.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Lukaku needs to cut down weight, it's been his biggest problem compared to last season. Bad touches happen, but he's just generally a lot worse than he's been before.

RedStarUnited

Sure let's laugh at Lukaku. Our striker who was constantly trying to receive balls in MIDFIELD, and then had the urge of trying to get the ball forward. Let's forget he's actually a striker, and should be nowhere near our midfield, or should be nowhere near giving as many crosses as he did. He was the only united player on the field who showed any attacking determination besides Rashford. Why did he stumble so foolishly over the ball at the end? It's because he was tired af from receiving the balls in midfield, getting it forward, and then running to the box himself.

He proves how good he actually is at the Belgian national team. That is how many goals he can score if he is allowed to play as a striker. That is how many goals he can score if he plays in a team with an attacking mindset. The hate he receives is ridiculous.
Haha - He did not stumble because he was tired.

Godfather

Sign off and lose some weight Romelu

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I remember when he was at Everton getting into a long debate with Silent Witness about how his touch was awful, to which he was replying that I ‘obviously don’t watch him’, the bad touch thing was the former Lukaku.

I would be astonished if he could go in and out of cones or juggle for longer than De Gea in training.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Did our scouts not watch him at Everton? Its shocking that any team would spend so much on a player with so many fundamentals lacking.