Lukasz Bejger

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
A few months ago I got in touch with this boy and I made an announcement in Polish media that United signed him. He's a really positive guy, with a good approach and he's really focused on achieving his goal which is playing for United. When he was at United, apparently there came an offer from AC Milan, but when I asked him, he told me that he wants to stay where he is. Today I asked him what is his goal for the rest of the season as he made his debut in UEFA Youth League yesterday, and he said that he hopes that he becomes the main defender in U18 team and, after that, he'll get the chance to sign a professional contract with the club.

I like him, he's always there for me when I ask something, it's really heart-warming when you see such young boys fully focused on becoming professional footballers and not all of them feel like starts and they realise they haven't achieved anything yet.

Today, he also said that Mason Greenwood and James Garner are ready to train with and play in the first team. He added that Nicky Butt is a strict coach, a strong personality and he's superb. He can motivate, he can shout, you can talk to him about various things, not only related to football. He also said that "this club, when it comes to the atmosphere and friendships, is perfect for a boy from a different country".

I always like to find out something more about our young players, because it's important and it can show us how far they can go. I'm pretty sure that this boy's attitude is great.

I thought he deserves his own thread in this section and I'll keep you updated with any news from him. Hopefully he's going to get better and better, so this thread is alive all the time.

Łukasz Bejger, born in January 2002, a centre-back who represents Poland at youth level, too.​

Last edited:

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Nice read thanks.

Seems like a young lad that has his head screwed on.

It seems that you like him as a person, but what is he like as a player? Is he a good prospect for the future?

Maciej

To be fair I don't know him much as a player, so I believe that there are people on here who have seen him more than me (which is - those 25 minutes in Valencia from yesterday on MUTV).

Maciej

In September he wrote an article for a Polish website about Man United titled "a letter from Manchester". I'll translate it tomorrow, there are some interesting issues from a boy from a different country (but from a good football academy).

Maciej

Ok, so here are some quotations from an article he wrote back in September for ManUtd.pl.

- It all started in my second year of junior high school. In May 2017, we (Lech Poznan Academy) flew to the UK to play Liverpool and Everton. After those games, there came two offers from Manchester City and Manchester United, there was also one from Everton. I was surprised having heard that, but I quickly realised what my dream was and which club I should choose.

- I arrived here with my parents and many suitcases. Then, I was shown my new home where I live with the captain of U23 team who is a centre-back, just like me. We live in a house owned by people who have taken care of United's boys for over 10 years. I started training with my team the next day.

Then, he wrote what were the differences between Poland and England for a young player and how football differs (and, please, remember that he comes form the best football academy in our country). He wrote that it was quite difficult at the beginning, but he got used to it and if you don't realise that you have to work on yourself, you can pack yourself and go back to where you came from. He's feeling better and better with every training and he knows he has to adapt as quickly as possible in order to play as much as he wants.

- How is it in Manchester? It's really okay. At the beginning, I sometimes had those days when I thought that I would never achieve anything here, but then I had some positive talks with my parents, girlfriend and also guys from the team. It made me more self-confident and now it is my second home indeed. My week looks like this: On Monday, I start with a breakfast in the club, training, lunch and then we go to school by bus. Those who are not English learn the language until 4 p.m. On Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday I only have trainings, and on Thursday I only have six hours of English language at school. I want to finish High School in Poland and the headmaster of a school in my hometown agreed, so I have to pass my exams just like my friends in Poland. My parents can't even think of me giving this High School up. After some time I agreed, because it could be that one moment, that one injury which interrupts your career for months or it ends it altogether. I thank my parents for that.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I like having a Polish player learn at a big academy. It doesn't mean he has to play here, there's a good chance he might not make it into first team but education you get at clubs like United can help you big time in your career long term. Glik for example got almost all his youth education at Real Madrid academy and even though he never played for their first team it still made his career elsewhere and helped him become the player he is.

Maciej

Thank God you came up with a good example, because there was also a player (one of that trio) who didn't learn anything.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I like having a Polish player learn at a big academy. It doesn't mean he has to play here, there's a good chance he might not make it into first team but education you get at clubs like United can help you big time in your career long term. Glik for example got almost all his youth education at Real Madrid academy and even though he never played for their first team it still made his career elsewhere and helped him become the player he is.
That’s interesting, never knew that! Good post.

Maciej

Łukasz is set to sign a professional contract with Manchester United (until June 2022). His parents are flying to Manchester tomorrow.

He'll answer some questions tomorrow, I'll translate them and post on here.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Great news, look forward to reading.

Thanks for doing the write ups on him!