Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Let's hope he has better luck with injuries next season, unbelievable how many he's gotten this season. More injury prone then Rafael at this point.

A proper pre season will do him the world of good, hopefully he doesn't go to the u21 championships.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Looks a proper fanny to me. May be a broken nose but he looks like he has just been 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.
The girl needs to drink some Iron Bruce and man the feck up.
I bet LVG hates him for been such a soft cnut.
:lol:

Nonsense. Hopefully someone elbows you in the face soon-ish.

Nucks

RT History Department

Nonsense. Hopefully someone elbows you in the face soon-ish.
That elbow was barely an elbow. If he was concussed off of that, he should retire immediately because heading the ball will concuss him and quickly give him severe brain damage.

You're a professional athlete. Are you injured, or are you hurt? He was hurt. Stand up, change shirts and get the feck on with it. Honestly I was embarrassed for him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
at least he's having a wide variety of reasons to come off.

at 19/20 it'd be pretty worrying if it was the same injury each time.
a season to forget, but only way is up!

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
This lads career better not carry on like this. Similar to Phil Jones imo how he can't seem to go a few months without an injury. It really hampered Jones i think not being able to get a consistent run of games and still looks to have barely improved from the first day we signed him. At least jones has been better this season but i don't want to wait 3-4 seasons before Shaw starts to get better then he is already.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Getting an elbow smash in your face is bad luck, not a sign of recurring injuries thankfully. Hope he has some better luck next year before we coin him as the new Rafael.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Weird injury. It looked like something and nothing that just caused a blooded nose. Hard to see why he was so groggy from that, but I guess that's the way his luck has been going this season.

El-Manos

Looks a proper fanny to me. May be a broken nose but he looks like he has just been 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.
The girl needs to drink some Iron Bruce and man the feck up.
I bet LVG hates him for been such a soft cnut.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I've been competitive in Thaiboxing for many years now and I can guarantee you that an elbow/arm in full motion into the nose can be ridiculously painful.

SirAF

Ageist
That elbow was barely an elbow. If he was concussed off of that, he should retire immediately because heading the ball will concuss him and quickly give him severe brain damage.

You're a professional athlete. Are you injured, or are you hurt? He was hurt. Stand up, change shirts and get the feck on with it. Honestly I was embarrassed for him.

El-Manos

Do you play sports?? It's all about speed of the impact, if that arm or elbow hit him in the right spot at high speed of course it's going to do feckin damage. It's not because it does not look serious on TV, that the impact wasn't severe. I've seen scrappy body shots do more damage in sparring before than a high kick to the face.

m1y2

he's like Rafael this season but left back, incredibly unlucky with injuries, how's he with his right foot? or Rodriguez?

Kakeru

I guess it's better for him to sit out for the 2 remaining games of the season. It's obvious that he has a concussion and that usually requires him to follow a strict recovery protocol for the next 10 days at least.

Last edited:

pseudo_canadian

I guess it's better for him to sit out for the 2 remaining games of the season. It's obvious that he has a concussion and that usually requires him to follow a strict recovery protocol for the next 10 days at least.
Agreed. I'm one of Shaw's biggest fans and love when he plays, though we should not put his mental health at risk for the sake of a game.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Didn't he collide with the Palace player when Fellaini sold him short? That was what I thought caused his injury at the time, not that (what seemed an) innocuous elbow.

Bwuk

Think we need to look into another left back. I like Shaw, but he needs competition, and he can't stay fit either.

Ricardo Rodriguez depending on the fee would be ideal. If too much, a few years of Coentrao would be decent enough as well

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Think we need to look into another left back. I like Shaw, but he needs competition, and he can't stay fit either.

Ricardo Rodriguez depending on the fee would be ideal. If too much, a few years of Coentrao would be decent enough as well
Surely that will be Blind's main role next season if we sign midfielders in the summer?

Bwuk

Surely that will be Blind's main role next season if we sign midfielders in the summer?
Possibly yes, but Blind is too slow for me to excel as a full back. Good technique, but it'd be a major worry about getting caught on the break.

Nucks

RT History Department

Do you play sports?? It's all about speed of the impact, if that arm or elbow hit him in the right spot at high speed of course it's going to do feckin damage. It's not because it does not look serious on TV, that the impact wasn't severe. I've seen scrappy body shots do more damage in sparring before than a high kick to the face.
I no longer play sports.

However, I have played both American Football, and Basketball with;

Multiple broken noses sustained while playing.

1) Chinstrap broke on hit which resulted in helmet pushing back and breaking nose. Kept playing.
2) Broke nose running into team mate (point guard) after coming off of a tight screen. Broke nose in provincial tournament, kept playing after bleeding stopped.
3) Broke nose when another guy got a rebound, came down off his leap and caught me flush on the bridge of the nose with his elbow.

A completely torn ACL while playing football (played entire basketball season senior HS year played with a don joy ACL brace, was a provincial allstar had reconstruction with a patellar graft about 2 weeks after the season once fluid and swelling cleared)

A seperated AC joint. Football.

Sprained Ankles. Basketball.

Broken fingers. Basketball and football.

Sprained fingers. Basketball and football.

I don't consider myself to be a hardass, it's a question of, can you play or can you not play. A nancy little elbow to the face like that, and then to act like you've just gotten head kicked. Sorry. That is some weak ass shit.

Nucks

RT History Department
They never really showed it much but, where was he bleeding from?

His jersey was stained with blood but I saw nowt on his face :confused:
Probably a bit of a busted up lip. He might have bitten his tongue. Might have been a minor nose bleed, but noses usually bleed more (usually) if they bleed. That looked busted lip/bitten tongue quantities of blood.

ricky-romeo

Hope he is not going to be at the u21 championship.

He needs a proper summer rest for a start. Incredible to think he rarely missed a game for 2 years at soton but cannot even stay fit and finish a game without injuring himself now.

El-Manos

I no longer play sports.

1) Chinstrap broke on hit which resulted in helmet pushing back and breaking nose. Kept playing.
2) Broke nose running into team mate (point guard) after coming off of a tight screen. Broke nose in provincial tournament, kept playing after bleeding stopped.
3) Broke nose when another guy got a rebound, came down off his leap and caught me flush on the bridge of the nose with his elbow.

A completely torn ACL while playing football (played entire basketball season senior HS year played with a don joy ACL brace, was a provincial allstar had reconstruction with a patellar graft about 2 weeks after the season once fluid and swelling cleared)

I don't consider myself to be a hardass, it's a question of, can you play or can you not play. A nancy little elbow to the face like that, and then to act like you've just gotten head kicked. Sorry. That is some weak ass shit.
But the fact remains, it is impossible for us to know how hard or where exactly it hit him.
Like I said if it hit him in the right spot, it could have done damage. You could be right that it is in fact nothing but you can't know that for sure, considering I've seen people get knocked out/get dropped by the shittiest punches you can imagine, yet take all the big blows like it's nothing.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Didn't he collide with the Palace player when Fellaini sold him short? That was what I thought caused his injury at the time, not that (what seemed an) innocuous elbow.
I was wondering if there was another incident that didn't get shown in the replays, so you could be right. It wasn't much of an elbow and it didn't seem to rock him much when it landed.

Classical Mechanic

I no longer play sports.

The NFL has been sued for $750m for not protecting players with concussion. The culture has changed. If he was concussed he was concussed and shouldn't be on the pitch.

MDFC Manager

fecking hell the caf medical experts are out in full force :rolleyes:

Shaw has shown nothing to be thought of as a 'nancy'. Nothing wrong in taking extra precautions when it's head injuries we're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.