Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
On a different note, how the feck can a bruise put a player out for the rest of the season?
For us white people, bruises can easily be distinguinshed on the skin but bruises can occur in muscle tissue and bones. It's not just some damaged capilliaries that's noticeable on the skin. In the absolute worst cases bruises can be lifte threatening but it's not something that could happen in football I imagine. It absolutely can damage the muscle.

Shaw is not a lucky fellow.

What happened to him during the game? Did he get hurt while tackling someone? Missed the first 20 minutes of the game.
Late in the 2nd half he was tackled in the opposition box and got hit hard. Looked bad but he seemed to "walk it off". Further scans have clearly shown it was worse.

Prodigy24

Late in the 2nd half he was tackled in the opposition box and got hit hard. Looked bad but he seemed to "walk it off". Further scans have clearly shown it was worse.
Wait what? He was substituted in the first 10 minutes of the game. Which injury are you talking about? :lol:

klayton88

Wait what? He was substituted in the first 10 minutes of the game. Which injury are you talking about? :lol:
Yeah I read it like that also but I think he means the Anderlecht game where he played 120m. I remember him getting hit late on in that game. Walked it off and wasn't 100% coming in to this.

Prodigy24

Yeah I read it like that also but I think he means the Anderlecht game where he played 120m. I remember him getting hit late on in that game. Walked it off and wasn't 100% coming in to this.
Ah, yes I remember that, Jose even praised him after the game. Makes much more sense now!

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Yup, the Anderlecht game. The team isn't training much these days but are rather focusing on recovery so it's reasonable that Shaw was just living through a bit of pain in the days between and thought he was fine.

RedChip

Yes, that you'd have to be an absolute fecking moron to actually interpret that in any way.
Jeez. How rude. Calling someone a moron just because they don't view things your way makes you sound rather thick.

Ashley R1+O

Carrick barley changes expression and looks like he is pointing out it's his ankle. Rooney looks like he is pissed off that he is injured, but I don't see it being pissed off that he isn't up for it
Doesn't Rooney just look like that all the time anyway? :lol: He always looks pissed off at something when on the football pitch. I don't think there is much in it, personally. I feel for Shaw though, he's having a pretty rough time of it staying on the field. I hope for his sake because he is one of our own that he can get it sorted ASAP.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
First season back after suffering a double leg break and the vultures are already circling.

Robbie Boy

I still think there's am extremely talented player in there but things just haven't gone well for him this season. I'm still a huge fan and I'm really disappointed at how this season has gone for him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
People are too quick to take sides. There are few posters who don't like Jose, so they always come up with their anti Jose agenda. There are posters who believe everything manager does it correct, they are too quick to blame players.

I don't have issues with Jose calling out players who are injured and not doing their best (according to manager) to come back asap but blaming players who went off injured in the match is ridiculous. I don't think anyone even knows what the injury is or how serious it is.

Robbie Boy

People are too quick to take sides. There are few posters who don't like Jose, so they always come up with their anti Jose agenda. There are posters who believe everything manager does it correct, they are too quick to blame players.

I don't have issues with Jose calling out players who are injured and not doing their best (according to manager) to come back asap but blaming players who went off injured in the match is ridiculous. I don't think anyone even knows what the injury is or how serious it is.
Unfortunately a hell of a lot of threads are clogged up with this sort of thing which leads to a lack of objectivity.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
What happened to him during the game? Did he get hurt while tackling someone? Missed the first 20 minutes of the game.
After about 9 minutes he just sat down I think. Didn't see any contact at that time.

Skills

Snitch
I don't know how he managed to exacerbate an injury he picked up against Anderlecht in those opening minutes? Did he even touch the football?
The only action I can remember him involved in was de gea overhitting a pass to him. Maybe he landed awkwardly trying to reach for it.

Cassidy

I don't know how he managed to exacerbate an injury he picked up against Anderlecht in those opening minutes? Did he even touch the football?
So you have to touch the ball to aggravate an injury?

Seanus

Perahps the reveal of ligament damage is enough to make Jose's comemnts about "it must be a big injury..." a mere statement of fact and acceptance rather than the popular view that he is calling Shaw a liar. Perhaps Jose knew he was carrying a knock after 12o mins v Dortmund and Shaw tried to play but broke down.
As bad news sells papers far better than positivity Collymore is in the Mirror today basically telling Shaw to leave to save his career. Collymore is such a nob that even Talksport stopped using him.

Crono

I still think there's am extremely talented player in there but things just haven't gone well for him this season. I'm still a huge fan and I'm really disappointed at how this season has gone for him.
Can I ask on what basis you think he's an extremely talented player? Because I'm fecked if I can remember a single performance at United that even remotely justifies that description.

Someone earlier was worried that if we let him go he might suddenly turn into Gareth Bale. :confused:

Please give me something because I am at a loss.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Feel so bad for the guy. Had the world at his feet and the last 2 years have been a shocker for him.

Let's hope he can be ready for the start of the season and really nail pre season to impress Jose.

Nar, I agree with Mou, I suspect Shaw has done something nasty that will keep him out for a few weeks sadly.
As expected, and as Mourinho expected.

Shame so many in here wanted to turn it around as Mourinho being a prick, he rightly expected it to be a bad one and that's what it is. Hardly surprising the manager was frustrated as feck.

Robbie Boy

Can I ask on what basis you think he's an extremely talented player? Because I'm fecked if I can remember a single performance at United that even remotely justifies that description.

Someone earlier was worried that if we let him go he might suddenly turn into Gareth Bale. :confused:

Please give me something because I am at a loss.
PL team of the year at Southampton at 18 years of age, broke into the England set up at 18, became a first team regular at Southampton at 17, big money move to United after being courted by both Chelsea and United, looked very good for us until the leg break last season.

Overall, yeah it hasn't gone well for him since signing but he was incredible as a 17/18 year old at Southampton and looked absolute destined for the top. Let's not use revisionism just because how things have turned out for him at United.

Cassidy

Did anyone see him drop to the floor....I'm havent seen any vid, so presuming it was an off the ball moment without any contact with another player?
Likely, which he must have twisted it somehow.

There were a bunch of stunning performances at the start of last season, he was our stand out player until the broken leg at the end of September.

GlasgowRedz

Did anyone see him drop to the floor....I'm havent seen any vid, so presuming it was an off the ball moment without any contact with another player?
I saw a replay that seemed to show him moving back and putting all his weight onto one ankle, then stopping and sitting down. I can only assume it was at that point, either that or he's done something prior to that and it was that point he realised that he couldn't run it off.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
PL team of the year at Southampton at 18 years of age, broke into the England set up at 18, became a first team regular at Southampton at 17, big money move to United after being courted by both Chelsea and United, looked very good for us until the leg break last season.

Overall, yeah it hasn't gone well for him since signing but he was incredible as a 17/18 year old at Southampton and looked absolute destined for the top. Let's not use revisionism just because how things have turned out for him at United.
Even while here he's had spells where he was playing very well and people were talking up how good he'd be. It's not as if he's been that poor when playing for us or anything, even if there's (naturally at a young age) a lot he could improve in his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.