Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Damn, hope he's okay. Some of the insults thrown in here at Shaw are sad.

Robbie Boy

Even while here he's had spells where he was playing very well and people were talking up how good he'd be. It's not as if he's been that poor when playing for us or anything, even if there's (naturally at a young age) a lot he could improve in his game.
Yup, he's hardly been a colossl mess, it's just things haven't worked out for him at us really which is a shame. The injury obviously played a massive part. People pretending he was never good obviously never watched him before his move or are just completely ignoring facts.

pseudo_canadian

I feel like this is probably it for him as a United player.

I really hope he bounces back and becomes a great for us, but right now it doesn't look likely.

Unfortunate all around.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Yup, he's hardly been a colossl mess, it's just things haven't worked out for him at us really which is a shame. The injury obviously played a massive part. People pretending he was never good obviously never watched him before his move or are just completely ignoring facts.
And to be fair he's still relatively young. Regular injuries will make it difficult for him to achieve the top level that was expected of him, but it's still feasible he could become an excellent talent.

Terminator

Vey unfortunate. Always liked him since his Southamton days, natural defender and very talented. I hope we give him more season to prove himself, think it will be a really bad decision to sell him now.

Robbie Boy

And to be fair he's still relatively young. Regular injuries will make it difficult for him to achieve the top level that was expected of him, but it's still feasible he could become an excellent talent.
Still only like what, 21? I mean it's his first season back after a horrific injury and there's obviously issues between himself and Mourinho. Whether or not it's with us, he could easily go on to have a cracking career.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Feck, man. I've still got plenty of time for Shaw -- I really hope Mourinho does too.

Bwuk

If it is ligament damage - what actually happened?

Think that's it for him as a United player. He'll have a year to go on his contract in the summer, and Jose won't renew such a injury prone player.

settembrini

I had high hopes when we signed him but he looks done at United now. We'll obviously be buying a LB in the summer and he will have to try and resurrect his career somewhere else.

SachinJ22

Poster of Nonsense
Really unfortunate, sad to see a talented player struggling with injuries. Some fans here don't realize the seriousness of his leg injury in that CL match. He deserves a second chance, I just hope Jose realises his potential and keeps him.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think he will likely stay at Utd for at least another season personally. Even if Jose wanted him out, who would buy him and pay him the wages he is getting at Utd? Not only that, would he even pass a medical?

RuudTom83

If Jose bins every player he's questioned this season then he'd be left with a squad of about 4 players.

So I don't think Shaw is finished, but it is terrible luck!

Smores

2 out of Jones/Smalling/Shaw need to go and for me its Jones and Shaw. It's just too much to carry so many crocks in our defense.

M Bison

Supports
York City
A ligament injury is quite a broad term isnt it? It may not be as bad as is being made out, or am i way off the mark?

(I'm no health professional after all!)

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If we sold him, who would be our second choice LB?

bucky

A ligament injury is quite a broad term isnt it? It may not be as bad as is being made out, or am i way off the mark?

(I'm no health professional after all!)
Best case scenario is a strain, but if they use ligament damage in terms of terminology then it's definitely worse.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The injuries we have. Just serious bad luck. Happened under Van Gaal as well. We are cursed.

soapythecat

Vey unfortunate. Always liked him since his Southamton days, natural defender and very talented. I hope we give him more season to prove himself, think it will be a really bad decision to sell him now.
For about 5 games in a United shirt, has he shown to be a natural defender. I would say he's better going forward than defending - but again, not that good since he joined.

Manny

Grammar Police
I can see more of these injuries cropping up with Shaw next season as he's barely played any football in three years.

We can't go a fourth season without a fit and first choice left back, Jose has to go out and buy someone. A recognised LB, not another Darmian.

pascell

Have to feel for him really, it's not been an easy time for him the past two seasons.

When we signed him I'm sure I wasn't the only one who thought, 'great our LB position filled for the next 10-12 years by someone who could become world class' but now Jose might be inclined to looking at someone else for the role.

Hopefully it's nothing too long term and he can get pre-season under his belt and hit the ground running next season.

CM

Gutted for him. Every time he looks like he's about to get going again he suffers a setback.

Yagami

Good post resistant
For about 5 games in a United shirt, has he shown to be a natural defender. I would say he's better going forward than defending - but again, not that good since he joined.
I've always seen him as a natural defender. His strengths, in my opinion, are defending and, when in possession, distributing the ball and just generally helping keep possession. He can play some nice Carrick/Blind-esque passes between the lines. Where he lacks is in attack when he has to beat a player or deliver that final ball.

I'm not saying this is you, but I think the COC game against City where, for the 1st half, Navas had him on toast skewed some peoples opinion of his defensive ability. After being out for so long, he was going to struggle this season and that game against City/Navas (this season in general) wasn't ever his standard. When fit, I believe he is an excellent defender who lacks in attack but can hopefully develop into a good attacking FB, which he has shown signs of.

Crono

PL team of the year at Southampton at 18 years of age, broke into the England set up at 18, became a first team regular at Southampton at 17, big money move to United after being courted by both Chelsea and United, looked very good for us until the leg break last season.

Overall, yeah it hasn't gone well for him since signing but he was incredible as a 17/18 year old at Southampton and looked absolute destined for the top. Let's not use revisionism just because how things have turned out for him at United.
I don't really care what a player does outside of United or before they got here. You've admitted he has done effectively bugger all for us, which is what I was getting at anyway.

There were a bunch of stunning performances at the start of last season, he was our stand out player until the broken leg at the end of September.
I wasn't stunned by them. I remember a couple of decent/good performances at the beginning of the season. Then again Cleverley had a couple of those a few years ago too. Didn't amount to much in the long-run did it?

As I thought - there is nothing to go on but blind faith, seemingly based largely on his transfer fee.

Robbie Boy

I don't really care what a player does outside of United or before they got here. You've admitted he has done effectively bugger all for us, which is what I was getting at anyway..
It's not really what you asked. The fact is that he looked a remarkable young talent and there's absolutely no disputing that. Oh I fully admit that I'm extremely disappointed with how things have worked out for him since joining us. However, he started last season extremely well before that awful injury. Naturally enough this season was always going to be difficult, all things considered. However, I'm again disappointed by what appears to be a fractured relationship between himself and Mourinho. It looks likely that he may leave this summer which is a shame.

Dobbs

I don't really care what a player does outside of United or before they got here.
So you mustn't have an opinion on who we should sign this summer as everything potential targets are doing for their current clubs is irrelevant. You don't care about it.

AlwaysRed66

Hope all the armchair warriors on here & social media are proud. Virtually calling him a coward & a cheat for making out he is injured & not wanting to play. Absolutely disgraceful. Doubt if many will apologise, including the bully of a manager.

Crono

So you mustn't have an opinion on who we should sign this summer as everything potential targets are doing for their current clubs is irrelevant. You don't care about it.
Once they join, I don't really care. Shaw has been here for 3 years and people are talking about his performances at Southampton.

Oscie

Just underlines how pathetic some of the initial comments here were.

It isn't just with Shaw though. Fan's loyalty in general seems to rarely extend beyond "play well/win the last match? Then you're a cnut. Sell/sack him" these days.

Dobbs

Once they join, I don't really care. Shaw has been here for 3 years and people are talking about his performances at Southampton.
Well you asked what's he done in his career so what did you expect? Most posters wouldn't randomly dismiss everything that happened pre 2014.

Crono

Well you asked what's he done in his career so what did you expect? Most posters wouldn't randomly dismiss everything that happened pre 2014.
I expected some kind of argument justifying the extreme hype based on his United performances.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We needed a left back in the summer anyway really, but that doesn't mean we have to sell Shaw. He's only in his early 20's. I don't think he would've been a world beater anyway, but if we give him a chance and put faith in him he can definitely become a really talented fullback.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Hope all the armchair warriors on here & social media are proud. Virtually calling him a coward & a cheat for making out he is injured & not wanting to play. Absolutely disgraceful. Doubt if many will apologise, including the bully of a manager.
Of course they won't. I feel for him. He's had horrendous luck with injuries and has copped nothing but abuse with a lot of comments getting really personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.