Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Shaw always looks fat, but I rarely if ever encounter a performance where that fat causes him to perform awful. It's just a dumb excuse used to call him lazy. It's the easy way to blame Shaw for not being on the pitch.
I’m sure he’s been mentioned by a few previous managers about his fitness issues. He’s a young kid who is apparently not living his lifestyle to match a top level footballer. That’s what I heard anyhow and have no reason to disbelieve it. Plus his appearance and performances have kind of backed this up so I’m at the stage I hope he goes and does well somewhere else but let’s get somebody in who’s at the least fully committed to the cause.

luke511

There's still a great player in there, he shows glimpses of it every time he plays. Can't help but feel if he was given the opportunity to play 5-10 games in a row he'd be back to his top level. We concede less when he's playing as well.

Silas

Was fine, but he still can't cross ffs.
Strange isn't it....

Shaw and Darmian are the only defensive full backs we have. Valencia and Young are half & half wingers just playing at FB ; Blind is just a utility player ; TFM and Tuanzebe are not full backs and certainly not LBs ; and Rojo is a reasonable C Defender who looks poor whenever we he plays LB.

So if we sell Shaw in the summer, as lots on here want to, does that mean we will have to buy a new LB and and an understudy LB ?

Or maybe CBJ ( remember him ? ) is being lined up as the understudy ?
Demi Mitchell from the academy is most likely to be the understudy if Shaw leaves. Had a good loan at Hearts in the SPL.

Canagel

At this point I think it is in everyone's best interest that he leaves. He needs games to develop himself and it looks like that isn't going to happen here so it's better he goes elsewhere. There's no point in sitting on the bench. He needs games. I would actually like to see this lad's potential for once even if it's not here I won't mind. We need to see how he can develop. For a few games at the start of the 2015/16 he looked the real deal but then the injury happened and we never saw him again under LVG. These last two years he hasn't put a run of games together either due to injuries or just being out of favour.

Acole9

Outstanding
Did ok when he was on as sub. I'd rather see him at left back and Young right back than see Darmian start.

West Ham 0:0 Man Utd

luke511

Wing back never been his strongest position but showed he's still got what it takes. Another clean sheet on the belt too.

el3mel

Did well today. Moved and linked pretty well. However I don't know, is crossing that hard of a skill to learn ?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Did well. Really attacked the opposition goal and defended decently.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Did well. Really attacked the opposition goal and defended decently.
Crossing is poor but beyond that he’s perfect for the role. Keeps the ball nicely as well - he needs to work an hitting dangerous zones with his crossing, it looks like he hesitates and looks for the perfect option that isn’t always there.

He will make someone a good leftback moving forward.

Dolf

Played well. At least not worse than Young/Blind/Darmian would, plus he was a bigger threat than any of those.

Bwuk

Not sure I’m seeing what everyone else is seeing when it comes to Shaw.

If he wasn’t at United we wouldn’t want to sign him.

Nick.

Got into good positions at times but with no end product. Nothing in his locker other than low crosses. An okay performance , but so clearly not good enough.

Donnie Brasco

Not sure I’m seeing what everyone else is seeing when it comes to Shaw.

If he wasn’t at United we wouldn’t want to sign him.
I totally agree. He is actually awful if you compare him to fullbacks in other leagues. Awful signing can't believe we paid 30 mil for him.

Minimalist

Seen people praising him for tonight. Thought he was pretty shite looking in all honesty. Could have bagged a goal regardless.

And while it's flogging a dead horse, he's in disgraceful shape for a professional athlete.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Good performance and to say he’s not played on a regular basis, should be given the Watford game and if he performs well, he should start in the final ahead of the very average and not a full back young.

kundalini

Decent shot that the keeper saved on to the post. Apart from that a bit patchy, especially in the final third, short passes straight to West Ham players, crosses nowhere near United players. Defensively he was fine.

Bobski

He adds a lot to the game with his attacking thrust, can't cross his legs, but neither could Evra. Just a pity that he has not been mentally tough enough to handle the Mourinho onslaught. Go to Spurs and end up a world class full back in a different environment.

AR87

Thought he was really good in the first half, but his stamina is awful and it showed after the break. There were a number of times where he could have burst forward into space after playing a pass and instead jogged forward.

R'hllor

It doesnt matter, he could look like Roberto Carlos out there and his status in JM eyes wouldnt change.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
There is a good player in him. I liked his match. It makes a big change from Young who 999 times out of 1000 would stop to cut back on his right foot.

Andersons Dietician

Was pretty good. Might have even been better if people decided to get in the box so there was someone to cross to. Was solid in defence as well.

Props for taking a punch to the face and not dropping to the deck clutching his face like he’d just been hit in the face with a baseball bat.

binary bot
He must be shocking in training as his performances haven't warranted the contrasting treatment that he's received to the rest of the squad. It'd make sense if left back was our only weakness, but the squad is littered with average performances.

bdecuc

I like him as a footballer. Hope he turns it all around here. But the first step is peak physical fitness.

Devil may care

Given how he's been treated and how little he's played I thought he looked sharp tonight at both ends of the pitch.

Andersons Dietician

Distinctly average. Doesn't take much to impress some people.
Isn’t that a byproduct of how low we rate the rest of the fullbacks then. As soon as someone can defend, carry a ball forward and pick out passes we are impressed.

Anyone seen that tweet in the Jose thread about Jose running to the touchline and giving Shaw a bollocking for taking that shot that was deflected on to the post. Surely Luckhurst is confused as if he really did have a go at him for that then wow...

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Isn’t that a byproduct of how low we rate the rest of the fullbacks then. As soon as someone can defend, carry a ball forward and pick out passes we are impressed.

Anyone seen that tweet in the Jose thread about Jose running to the touchline and giving Shaw a bollocking for taking that shot that was deflected on to the post. Surely Luckhurst is confused as if he really did have a go at him for that then wow...
Probably yeah. Maybe I'm being harsh, but there wasn't really anything to talk about. Same goes for everyone.
I'd be very disappointed if that's true about Jose though.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
In the first half he was sharp as a razor. Barely gave anything away and made some nice passes. Didn't start the second half great but grew back into the game and was solid enough in the second half.

Overall he got unlucky with a couple of his crosses. There was rarely anyone in the box and a couple of his cutbacks avoided the first few defenders which is a dangerous ball, just nobody coming into those areas as you'd expect.

I don't doubt that he's a talented player and should have been a great all round left back because he's got a lot going for him in terms of speed, strength and technical ability. He's a good defender on his day too. Think he'll be gone in the summer but could still see him having a good career if he puts right whatever he's been doing wrong off the pitch.

pseudo_canadian

He did well considering how few minutes he gets a month.

We'd be stupid to sell him. Guarantee he'll go on to be great at another club.

Status
Not open for further replies.