Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Infra-red

Goes on holiday. Piles the weight on. Starts pre season a few weeks early so he doesn't look completely out of shape by the time he has to report back at Carrington. Same every blooming year.
One week early. ONE! He needs about a month to work those man boobs off. He's a disgrace.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
The amount of criticism he's getting over a few pictures is insane, he's posted videos of him training give him a chance for fecks sake. I think it's a great motivational tactic by Mourinho to put his trust in him and give him one last chance, he showed us in snippets last season he's still got a chance of getting back to that top level, fitness and lack of trust were the only barriers. He'll be playing a lot of games pre season at LB whilst Young rests after the world cup so there's a good chance Shaw will be in a much better shape at the start of the season.
Its hardly the first time we've heard how he's turned a corner in his perseverance and dedication to fulfil his potential is it?

Rossa

I had high hopes for the lad, and he’s young enough to turn it around. However, what are his greatest attributes? His crossing isn’t great. He’s not a great dribbler like Marcelo or Evra. His timing both defensively and in attack seems poor. Thus, he doesn’t provide enough overlapping and space for his winger. On the other hand, his passing is mostly good, and he can carry the ball out from defense.

He isn’t particularly sound defensively. He may be strong, but does he use his strength? His stamina is below average. His top speed is good, but as Rooney said, once he gets going. He is slow off the mark and isn’t very agile, which are far more important for a fullback than straight line top speed. I’m starting to lose hope in how great he can be as neither his technical game nor his athleticism are that good, and then there seems to be issues with his mentality as well.

Stacks

I’m fairly convinced you yourself can also be very delusional having read your posts over the last few months, kinda comes with the territory of being a fan. Belief in something.

Any way here is our manager who must be dellusional.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-hails-luke-shaw-11878798

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/manc...o-luke-shaw-one-of-the-best-left-backs-around

“I'm really happy. I can say that in this moment I don't see many left-backs better than THIS Luke Shaw.”
-Jose

So those were around January. I’m positive that last year he also said something along the lines of Shaw is the best fullback at the club. Was that in potential, physicality I don’t know but you would think if he felt that he’d play him more often. Maybe it is down just to his game management that Jose thinks Young is better at making on the pitch decisions or more mature at this stage.
Should be quite obvious. Stevie Wonder would see the BS. Jose merely playing games. If anything, he's seeking out suiters for an unwanted player. Actions always speak loudest and Jose did not trust the so called "best LB in the world". weird huh?

PeteManic

The guy clearly has psychological issues that are impeding his progress (a la Sturridge). Clearly the leg break as been a huge psychological blow to him. I hope he can find some form this season, for his own sake as much as anyone else's.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Not fat at all, some people are blowing it all out of porportions. Nothing negative at all about starting training either, hopefully he’ll benefit from it. Lets hope he’ll apply himself and not keep wasting away at the club

IrishRedDevil

Good lad, Luke. Seems like he has put in some hard work over the last couple of weeks after his holiday. Now prepare yourself for slobs sitting on their smartphones 24/7 calling you lazy and fat.

Alabaster Codify7

I don't care, it doesn't matter, by September he'll be bench-warming nursing a minor injury looking like out-of-prime Rooney again. WHY can't some of our fans and our management see this - its ALWAYS pre-season when he kicks himself into reasonable shape.....to prolong his time here. As soon as he's registered in the squad and the window closes, it's back to the true Luke Shaw for another year of stealing a salary.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Really hope he gets his act together this time. Seeing Ashley Young in his United and England position must annoy the feck out of him, if he has any sporting/competitive nature whatsoever.

Steven Seagull

I don't care, it doesn't matter, by September he'll be bench-warming nursing a minor injury looking like out-of-prime Rooney again. WHY can't some of our fans and our management see this - its ALWAYS pre-season when he kicks himself into reasonable shape.....to prolong his time here. As soon as he's registered in the squad and the window closes, it's back to the true Luke Shaw for another year of stealing a salary.
He doesn’t need to be registered in the squad or be fit to get his salary so this makes no sense

Womp

idiot
How many times have we heard this only to be disappointed. How you look before the season starts doesn't mean feck all tbh. It's maintaining that level of determination and professionalism over a whole season that separates the top athletes.

Here's hoping I'm wrong though, but don't see this being anything other than yet another false dawn with Luke.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
One of them is completely useless regardless of how fit he is. The other one when given a chance actually looked promising, Darmian has been utter garbage.
Utter tosh. Darmian is among the best conservative right backs in the league.

Problem is, conservative full backs are a waste of space in the Premier League. Plus he's played more at left back than right back.

He needs to move back to Italy. He's a great full back. Albeit of a type.

acnumber9

Maybe he can work on his actual game now as well. He’s got a lot more to do than shed some weight to be good enough.

Laurentiu amt

How many times have we heard this only to be disappointed. How you look before the season starts doesn't mean feck all tbh. It's maintaining that level of determination and professionalism over a whole season that separates the top athletes.

Here's hoping I'm wrong though, but don't see this being anything other than yet another false dawn with Luke.
Not trying to be the idiot dude around here, but how many games in a row did Luke play in the past 2 years? Fitness, determination and professionalism can also be induced into a player, but playing the damn guy until it becomes a habit.

Dunno what's wrong there, might be a trust issue between Jose and him. Every time he played he seemed at least OK for me.

Feel sorry for the lad tho, the talent is there, but it's either bad luck or he's a cnut.

Njord

Doubt we would get an amount of any size for him now, so keeping him for a year is a low risk, high reward move. If he comes good we have a very good left back that can play for us for a long time.

If we get rid of Blind and Darmian, who has shown that they're not good enough, even at their best, then a new LB, Shaw, Young, Valencia and Dalot would be good quality wise and depth wise.

Womp

idiot
Not trying to be the idiot dude around here, but how many games in a row did Luke play in the past 2 years? Fitness, determination and professionalism can also be induced into a player, but playing the damn guy until it becomes a habit.

Dunno what's wrong there, might be a trust issue between Jose and him. Every time he played he seemed at least OK for me.

Feel sorry for the lad tho, the talent is there, but it's either bad luck or he's a cnut.
A professional shouldn't need to be played for his fecking job to become a habit. If he had the mentality to make it at the top, he'd either understand he has no future here and leave (he's seemingly happy to stay and just earn a good amount of money) or he'd work his bollocks off to force his way into the team, neither of those situations exactly speak Shaw to me.

Yes his injury was a terrible one, but how long do we need to wait before he gets over it? We are a club that is notorious for hanging onto disappointments longer than we should.

Whether or not Jose doesn't like him, I don't know, I don't know what happens behind the scenes. I don't buy it though, if he didn't like him he would of got rid as he's now had multiple opportunities to.

luke511

Only 1 year on his deal.

No better time to sell him than now. But we might possibly be trying to bring someone in first before any sales .
Your agenda against him is pretty pathetic. His value is at an all time low, it'd be the worst time to sell him. An unfit Luke Shaw with one year left vs A rejuvenated Luke Shaw with 3 years left, which one is more valuable? It's a good job you don't run a football club.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Your agenda against him is pretty pathetic. His value is at an all time low, it'd be the worst time to sell him. An unfit Luke Shaw with one year left vs A rejuvenated Luke Shaw with 3 years left, which one is more valuable? It's a good job you don't run a football club.
Renewing a contract with him is running into a possibility that we'll get the groundhog day (year) shit with him for the next 3 or so years too, there're no assurances that he'll finally be fit, au contraire, going by what we've witnessed thus far there's a bigger chance of me coming to his thread this time around next year calling him a fat cnut.

I genuinely cannot comprehend how people cannot see the uncanny resemblance to Anderson with him.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
It will be easier for him in his still relatively young age to burn calories and turn it into steel.

The problem looks more and more his mentality and there's some serious work to do here.

"we need the fantastic body".
Obviously, the state of his physique has not been lost on Jose.
If Pep was here, he'd have already shipped out Shaw on Day1. Nasri was not as fat as Shaw and Nasri was removed from MCFC, before he knew what hit him.

luke511

Renewing a contract with him is running into a possibility that we'll get the groundhog day (year) shit with him for the next 3 or so years too, there're no assurances that he'll finally be fit, au contraire, going by what we've witnessed thus far there's a bigger chance of me coming to his thread this time around next year calling him a fat cnut.

I genuinely cannot comprehend how people cannot see the uncanny resemblance to Anderson with him.
Last pre season he was on crutches, the pre season before that he was on crutches, the pre season before that he had a proper run of games and went on to be our best player until his injury. This is his first pre season since the injury he's got the opportunity to work hard and get his match fitness back to standard, the lad's showing he's working hard give him a chance ffs. He's 22 years old, this is obviously his last chance to give it a shot and if it doesn't work out he leaves next summer, what's the big deal..

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The shaw hate here is so bad
I have nothing against Shaw and I'd love it, if he came back super fit, at full power, tearing up the LB spot, with him saying that he wants to be the best LB in the World and beginning to show it.
Unfortunately, in 4 years, he has not shown anything to suggest that he will be a decent LB.
NO PLAYER... Let me repeat: NO PLAYER should be allowed to waste 4 years at MUFC and still be in with a shout at getting a regular spot in the starting XI.
He should've been sold last Summer (unfortunately, he was injured, on crutches and was unsellable).
Now, he not on crutches, but is too fat.
Every single Summer transfer window, there will be a new reason, not to sell him.

We desperately need a fully fit LB, who can hold down that position and oust Ashley Young (a 33 year old winger, who is converted to LWB).

Kostur

海尔的老板
Last pre season he was on crutches, the pre season before that he was on crutches, the pre season before that he had a proper run of games and went on to be our best player until his injury. This is his first pre season since the injury he's got the opportunity to work hard and get his match fitness back to standard, the lad's showing he's working hard give him a chance ffs. He's 22 years old, this is obviously his last chance to give it a shot and if it doesn't work out he leaves next summer, what's the big deal..
Because it's setting a shit precedent if you will, we're keeping a guy who's constantly failing to deliver the most basic requirement at his work, which is staying fit and not, Jesus, overweight. How would you feel as a player if you saw this guy earning so much money doing sweet feck all? Him being 22 doesn't really matter, he's been here since he was 18 and there's literally just one season/pre-season that can be excused, which was the leg break and what followed, nothing less, nothing more. You have to remember that his attitude was shit from the beginning, LVG was an idiot, sure, but he was the first one to see that Shaw was not in a shape, I mean seriously, imagine not being in shape coming to a new club, it should've been a red flag for us back then.

I genuinely rather we sold him to some West Ham or some other shithole which will be his final destination if he manages to pull it together and just move whatever he earns monthly to a new LB that we could get in his place. He's had enough chances, he's taken none.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I have nothing against Shaw and I'd love it, if he came back super fit, at full power, tearing up the LB spot, with him saying that he wants to be the best LB in the World and beginning to show it.
Unfortunately, in 4 years, he has not shown anything to suggest that he will be a decent LB.
NO PLAYER... Let me repeat: NO PLAYER should be allowed to waste 4 years at MUFC and still be in with a shout at getting a regular spot in the starting XI.
He should've been sold last Summer (unfortunately, he was injured, on crutches and was unsellable).
Every single Summer transfer window, there will be a new reason, not to sell him.

We desperately need a fully fit LB, who can hold down that position and oust Ashley Young (a 33 year old winger, who is converted to LWB).
I don't think he wasted his 4 years.
First year - less opportunities and small injuries
Second year - finally starting to show up, leg break
Third year - recovery year
Fourth year - not trusted enough by the manager

I still believe this is the year that decides his fate with MUFC.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
... the lad's showing he's working hard give him a chance ffs. He's 22 years old, this is obviously his last chance to give it a shot and if it doesn't work out he leaves next summer, what's the big deal..
ffs? :lol:
He has the whole of last season to get back into shape. What the hell has he been doing for the last 9 months?
Getting in shape, for a top pro, with all trainers at his disposal, should take 2 months, max. After that he should work on his match skill.
Unfortunately, every single Summer, without fail, Shaw is "getting into shape".
In his very first season, LVG told him that he won't play because he is too fat. Shaw agreed.
The only let-off, I give him is the season he broke his leg. When he hasn't broken a leg, he is out of shape, 100% of the time and the manager does not pick him to play.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

This is his problem. Jose will play Ashley, so Luke sits either on the bench or in the stands, in the process not getting any match fitness. Jose then choses him for the league cup and as no match fitness, he looks terrible, or picks up an injury, because he has no match fitness. It is a vicious circle. Luke either needs to be playing from the start or playing elsewhere. This scenario at United is doing him no favours.

luke511

ffs? :lol:
He has the whole of last season to get back into shape. What the hell has he been doing for the last 9 months?
Getting in shape, for a top pro, with all trainers at his disposal, should take 2 months, max. After that he should work on his match skill.
Unfortunately, every single Summer, without fail, Shaw is "getting into shape".
In his very first season, LVG told him that he won't play because he is too fat. Shaw agreed.
The only let-off, I give him is the season he broke his leg. When he hasn't broken a leg, he is out of shape, 100% of the time and the manager does not pick him to play.
You make it sound like he was a fat slob struggling to run for us last season, he played well, he got 13 clean sheets in 19 games and we genuinely looked a better side when he was playing instead of Young. The way Mourinho works though he probably thought the tough love would get that bit more out of him and it had the opposite effect. He could've been in better shape but christ he wasn't that bad.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I must admit I gave up on the idea of Shaw having a future with us last year when he couldn't get a run of games together when Smashley was his only competition. While I can almost see the logic of what you say, in that we've come this far so what's another year?, this is the last time we can cut our losses and move on. I'd love Shaw to nail down the LB position but it just seems like Groundhog Day with the bloke and his fitness/attitude.

luke511

This is his problem. Jose will play Ashley, so Luke sits either on the bench or in the stands, in the process not getting any match fitness. Jose then choses him for the league cup and as no match fitness, he looks terrible, or picks up an injury, because he has no match fitness. It is a vicious circle. Luke either needs to be playing from the start or playing elsewhere. This scenario at United is doing him no favours.
Shaw will get a head start preseason with Young resting after the world cup, so there's a good chance we're finally going to see Young get dropped permanently. That's if Shaw cracks on and gets up to the required standard, which I'm confident he will.

luke511

I must admit I gave up on the idea of Shaw having a future with us last year when he couldn't get a run of games together when Smashley was his only competition. While I can almost see the logic of what you say, in that we've come this far so what's another year?, this is the last time we can cut our losses and move on. I'd love Shaw to nail down the LB position but it just seems like Groundhog Day with the bloke and his fitness/attitude.
I sound like a bit of a parrot at the moment but I think with Young having a late start to the pre season, combined with Shaw getting an early start and a good run of games, gives Shaw an opportunity he hasn't had in a long time.

Minimalist

Not one person has mentioned the outrageous filter on that photo, nevermind how blurry it is. :lol:

Doesn't matter anyway - it matters how he performs (and how chunky he looks) when he pulls on the United shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.