Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I sound like a bit of a parrot at the moment but I think with Young having a late start to the pre season, combined with Shaw getting an early start and a good run of games, gives Shaw an opportunity he hasn't had in a long time.
Could do, I'm just a bit tired of putting any faith in Shaw to be honest. Smashley seems 100 times the man Shaw is, regardless of ability and promise.

That said what have we got to lose giving him one final chance? A few million in fees and wages isn't much to us and if we finally get the player we'd all hoped for when we first signed Shaw, great.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You make it sound like he was a fat slob struggling to run for us last season, he played well, he got 13 clean sheets in 19 games and we genuinely looked a better side when he was playing instead of Young. The way Mourinho works though he probably thought the tough love would get that bit more out of him and it had the opposite effect. He could've been in better shape but christ he wasn't that bad.
I wouldn't go that far. I really hope Shaw finally gets it together and becomes a permanent feature in the side but we didn't look better when he played over Young. I though Young was one of the most consistent performers for us last year, and he's not even a full back. As I said I hope Shaw finally shows up this year after the numerous issues, but we did not look better last season when he played over Young, I don't agree with that.

luke511

Could do, I'm just a bit tired of putting any faith in Shaw to be honest. Smashley seems 100 times the man Shaw is, regardless of ability and promise.

That said what have we got to lose giving him one final chance? A few million in fees and wages isn't much to us and if we finally get the player we'd all hoped for when we first signed Shaw, great.
Exactly my point, you've got people saying now is the best time to sell him, unbelievably daft.

RedorDead21

Shaw will get a head start preseason with Young resting after the world cup, so there's a good chance we're finally going to see Young get dropped permanently. That's if Shaw cracks on and gets up to the required standard, which I'm confident he will.
This was pretty much what happened last season when young was injured but he came straight back in once fit...that will happen again. One might get to a World Cup semi the other is at home. Once rested Young has nothing to worry about on that front!

luke511

I wouldn't go that far. I really hope Shaw finally gets it together and becomes a permanent feature in the side but we didn't look better when he played over Young. I though Young was one of the most consistent performers for us last year, and he's not even a full back. As I said I hope Shaw finally shows up this year after the numerous issues, but we did not look better last season when he played over Young, I don't agree with that.
The margins aren't big but we were defensively better when Shaw was on the field, and we played better football as well in my opinion. Shaw wasn't at the end of every attacking move like Young was when he was on the field, it encouraged our wingers to do the attacking wing work instead, and rightfully so as they're the best players to play in the wing positions. When Young played it forced the likes of Martial and Sanchez more centrally, clogged things up and it became a lot more predictable. At least with Shaw he offered that burst of pace on the inside and a bit more unpredictability, and it meant Sanchez and Martial stayed on the wing and did all their attacking play there.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Exactly my point, you've got people saying now is the best time to sell him, unbelievably daft.
Fair enough, I can't blame anyone for feeling so sick of the whole thing they want us to cut our losses now but let's have one more go.

luke511

This was pretty much what happened last season when young was injured but he came straight back in once fit...that will happen again. One might get to a World Cup semi the other is at home. Once rested Young has nothing to worry about on that front!
This was a heavily criticized move by Mourinho at the time, people seem to forget that.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The margins aren't big but we were defensively better when Shaw was on the field, and we played better football as well in my opinion. Shaw wasn't at the end of every attacking move like Young was when he was on the field, it encouraged our wingers to do the attacking wing work instead, and rightfully so as they're the best players to play in the wing positions. When Young played it forced the likes of Martial and Sanchez more centrally, clogged things up and it became a lot more predictable. At least with Shaw he offered that burst of pace on the inside and a bit more unpredictability, and it meant Sanchez and Martial stayed on the wing and did all their attacking play there.
I understand what you're saying, and fair enough that you think we were better, I just personally don't think we were. I though Young actually offered a good outlet going forward and contributed to quite a few goals this season too. In addition, I though Young was very good defensively too, like where he helped keep Mo Salah quiet at Old Trafford amongst other good performances. As I said, I want Shaw to come good and really seize his chance this season anyway, but he is also in the last chance saloon too I feel. Fingers crossed anyway.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
"we need the fantastic body".
Obviously, the state of his physique has not been lost on Jose.
If Pep was here, he'd have already shipped out Shaw on Day1. Nasri was not as fat as Shaw and Nasri was removed from MCFC, before he knew what hit him.
Oh definitely, I agree on this. Pep would probably want half of the squad out that way, but then he had to meet mr. Woodward and all he would get is a big f*ck you as United aren't sugar daddy club and next day he would be gone to PSG.

Last edited:

Ekeke

Not one person has mentioned the outrageous filter on that photo, nevermind how blurry it is. :lol:

Doesn't matter anyway - it matters how he performs (and how chunky he looks) when he pulls on the United shirt.
And this right here is proof that Shaw is one of those United players who no matter what they do, some posters will put on a tin hat and type negative messages about him.

Minimalist

And this right here is proof that Shaw is one of those United players who no matter what they do, some posters will put on a tin hat and type negative messages about him.
He's doing fcuk all you eejit, that's the problem. :lol:

Minimalist

So doing extra training is doing nothing? More confirmation.
He's been at it for seasons now. Seen it with Rooney too previously. Means absolutely nothing unless they perform to expectations in actual matches - which he doesn't.

But here lad, congrats on your badge of smug self-importance. I'll leave you to it.

Ekeke

He's been at it for seasons now. Seen it with Rooney too previously. Means absolutely nothing unless they perform to expectations in actual matches - which he doesn't.

But here lad, congrats on your badge of smug self-importance. I'll leave you to it.
So effort off the pitch in matches means absolutely nothing? Brilliant. With all that free time Luke Shaw will have without having to go to training and working hard to impress his manager, he'll be nice and relaxed on matchdays

Minimalist

So effort off the pitch in matches means absolutely nothing? Brilliant. With all that free time Luke Shaw will have without having to go to training and working hard to impress his manager, he'll be nice and relaxed on matchdays
Oh is Shaw doing this for free is he? Didn't realise that.

Wise up fs. He's doing what any fecking professional should do (it's the bare minimum).

Ekeke

Oh is Shaw doing this for free is he? Didn't realise that.

Wise up fs. He's doing what any fecking professional should do.
Doesnt matter apparently its nothing - and you feel so strongly about it that you'll insult anyone who says otherwise, if its not on the pitch in a match

Minimalist

Doesnt matter apparently its nothing - and you feel so strongly about it that you'll insult anyone who says otherwise, if its not on the pitch in a match
Last post because you're clearly just on the wind up. I clearly meant (or was implying) he's doing nothing of note to garner praise or positive comment.

Ekeke

Last post because you're clearly just on the wind up. I clearly meant (or was implying) he's doing nothing of note to garner praise or positive comment.
Fair enough. But given his body condition was 'cause' for a lot of negative comment for the past week or two, hopefully its shut people up for a while and we can get to the matches on the pitch that you mentioned before writing him off.

Ed9

I would love it if he kicked on after all this abuse he gets here.

pascell

Shaw will get a head start preseason with Young resting after the world cup, so there's a good chance we're finally going to see Young get dropped permanently. That's if Shaw cracks on and gets up to the required standard, which I'm confident he will.
How's the weather in Dubai mate?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think the most aggravating thing about Shaw is that he has such obvious talent, for me it just seems like such a waste of a potentially cracking player. I wish I could believe he'll change things around and that this year he'd finally manage it but I can't see it. His contract is up in 2019, if I'm not mistaken, if we can't sell him this summer we should cut our losses with him next year.

luke511

I understand what you're saying, and fair enough that you think we were better, I just personally don't think we were. I though Young actually offered a good outlet going forward and contributed to quite a few goals this season too. In addition, I though Young was very good defensively too, like where he helped keep Mo Salah quiet at Old Trafford amongst other good performances. As I said, I want Shaw to come good and really seize his chance this season anyway, but he is also in the last chance saloon too I feel. Fingers crossed anyway.
That's fair enough as well :)

el3mel

Just as I criticzed the previous photo, has to say the last one is great, he worked on his body well these few weeks. :D

Kostov

Utter tosh. Darmian is among the best conservative right backs in the league.

Problem is, conservative full backs are a waste of space in the Premier League. Plus he's played more at left back than right back.

He needs to move back to Italy. He's a great full back. Albeit of a type.
That's nonsense. These conservative right backs you mention, are they all spineless gits like Darmian? Because Matteo can's defend against a fast attacker to save his life, any semi decent winger ripped him to shreds.

He needs to move yes I agree, he's been such a useless signing and a waste of squad place.

kps88

Not the first time he's shared something like that. He seems really desperate to prove to everyone that he is fit and hard working.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Pictures prove feck all tbh as they can be heavily edited and filtered. What will ultimately matter are his physical tests and his performances on the pitch

Hawks2008

Come next season if he still cannot contribute to the attack or displace Ashley Young then it doesn't matter how fit or fat he is.

roseguy64

Pictures prove feck all tbh as they can be heavily edited and filtered. What will ultimately matter are his physical tests and his performances on the pitch
Well it was posted by the Man Utd twitter also so they're feeding into the narrative as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.