Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
So happy for him. Played like he cared last night. Amazing how much a little confidence can do for someone like him!

If he plays like that against Burnley that's the end of Young imo.

We will buy a new LB to rotate with Shaw in the summer.

His sprint is effortless isn't it? One cool stride and he's off.
Shows how much confidence matters. Shaw would never have tried that trick around Trippier before, and neither would anyone else in the squad try it now.

Gordon S

Christ what a turnaround! Fair play!
Looks absolute quality atm.

Takes some balls to stay and fight after the stick he has got last couple of years

meamth

Shows how much confidence matters. Shaw would never have tried that trick around Trippier before, and neither would anyone else in the squad try it now.
He was confident and he was serious too. No smiles, just stone cold in the eye.. I love it.

DCP

Oh isn't it amazing what not being rushed from injury and being able to get fit can do to someone who's game is about athleticism.

James Peril

On a positive note, the only one to be fair, he was pretty good last night! Not only because he worked for 90 minutes, but he had that touch and confidence on the ball. The ability to control the ball with pace and getting around players, sound delivery and good passing overall. Very impressed - now let's just fecking keep it coming!

PepsiCola

Got a lot of heat from the Top Reds and sports psychologists around here.

Great to see him looking like his old self, finally. Brilliant game.

Now imagine we sold him to Spurs like many on here wanted.

AgentP

I hope he carries on from this and never looks back. Now all we need is Dalot to do the same on the other wing.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I think he’s earned Mourinho’s respect. Instead of shrinking under the spotlight he’s risen to the challenge and has been Utd’s player of the month so far.
Really can't think of any other contenders. Little point in United doing their twitter poll in a few days - may as well just hand it to him.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The current version of Luke Shaw is one I can back.
And I was one of his harshest critics.
I hope he keeps doing what he is doing, because it's working well.

meamth

The current version of Luke Shaw is one I can back.
And I was one of his harshest critics.
I hope he keeps doing what he is doing, because it's working well.
cheers mate. I've been patient with him for 2 years. Go on Luke, show us.

Alabaster Codify7

I've been his biggest critic but he was excellent last night. Fairplay to the bloke. Hope he continues proving me wrong.

Fracture90

He looks twice the player Mourinho inherited. I'm excited to see how he develops this season.
Not really, he showed glimpses of this during his time with Southampton and especially before his injury in LVG's 2nd season. He always showed glimpses last season at times before getting dropped inexplicably.

Jonno

Not really, he showed glimpses of this during his time with Southampton and especially before his injury in LVG's 2nd season. He always showed glimpses last season at times before getting dropped inexplicably.
Which is why I said, he looks twice the player Mourinho inherited. I didn't mention his time at Southampton, or his time before LVG's second season.

Definitely twice the player he was this time 2 years ago. Confidence going forward, he has the faith and belief of the manager, he's scoring goals, getting MOTM awards, really pleased for him.

Fracture90

Which is why I said, he looks twice the player Mourinho inherited. I didn't mention his time at Southampton, or his time before LVG's second season.

Definitely twice the player he was this time 2 years ago. Confidence going forward, he has the faith and belief of the manager, he's scoring goals, getting MOTM awards, really pleased for him.
Well then in all honesty he inherited an injured player so I guess you have some point.

Trizy

Has looked pre-injury Shaw. Excellent game.

Can he turn it around and still meet his potential? Won sort us for years and save us £50m.

Aren86

Best performance from a united fullback ive seen in ages!!! Refreshing, but a shame it meant nothing.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Brilliant game. Says a great deal that Mourinho bee-lined straight towards him after the final whistle to put his arm around him and prasied him.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Best performance from a united fullback ive seen in ages!!! Refreshing, but a shame it meant nothing.
Agree with performance I thought he was mom from our perspective and long term it means more than a loss to Spurs.

flappyjay

I don't know about that. I've always said when he was given game time he played well. Maybe some manager would've let him build on said performances? Maybe not. All I know was he was just never given the opportunity to keep his place in the team. Fortunately, England had a good World Cup with Young so he was afforded his opportunity and he's hopefully now going to keep his place for the foreseeable.
He didn't deserve to be dropped last January. Had Young not been at the world cup we wouldn't be seeing this

ZlatMan

He's been playing out of his skin this season. I'm glad he's taken Mourinho message on board and taken to it to the pitch. That's more that can be said about the other players

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Hes been amazing, massively improved his attacking play in the last few games. He has the potential to be a top class fullback.

JMack1234

I certain irony that at Mourinho's lowest moment at United it's Shaw plugging away, putting in top performances. Says a lot about him.

Giggsyking

Shaw

“It is a sad night for us, we have got to pick ourselves back up, keep working hard and we need to pick up points after two losses,”

“We need to win and win in a good way. We played really well in the first half and if we keep playing like that, and take our chances, then we will win games.

“We have a group of hard workers and amazing talents, everywhere you look on the field.”

“We have got to start taking our chances and I am sure we will start winning games,” he continued.

“You look at the first half and I think we were outstanding. We had a lot of chances to put the game to bed.

“Of the chances we had, [we should have scored] maybe one or two, then for me it would have been game over.

“We spoke at half-time and Jose [Mourinho] said they hadn’t had one corner, one cross or one dangerous opportunity.

“Then, from their first corner in the second half they had a goal, but even then we should have been relaxed because it was only one goal and we still had a lot of time.

“But then came another mistake, another silly, stupid goal.

“We were so on top and it is just really disappointing. Everyone in the dressing room is really sad, especially after the first half we had.”

Status
Not open for further replies.