6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the criticism Shaw has had from fans and particularly the United management its funny that , in this moment of uncertainty, that he's the only player playing with any sense of determination and spirit.

wc18

Perspective. Most managers would have gotten rid of him.
No, no they wouldn't. Most managers with any brain or man management would have tried to cultivate trust and get the guy back to playing at the level he's capable of... Not try to make him a scapegoat.

It is so easy to see right through Jose's actions. It's just classic self preservation and trying to manipulate the narrative. He knows how bad it looks now that Shaw has played very well when given an extended run in the team. Now Jose very publicly hugs him after the match as if to say he's always been behind him and supported him. When in reality it's the exact opposite. Jose is a snake

Jcrossley94

No, no they wouldn't. Most managers with any brain or man management would have tried to cultivate trust and get the guy back to playing at the level he's capable of... Not try to make him a scapegoat.

It is so easy to see right through Jose's actions. It's just classic self preservation and trying to manipulate the narrative. He knows how bad it looks now that Shaw has played very well when given an extended run in the team. Now Jose very publicly hugs him after the match as if to say he's always been behind him and supported him. When in reality it's the exact opposite. Jose is a snake
I see why you could reach that conclusion, and I can’t say you’re wrong, but I do think there’s a counter point.

I think there’s a whole side of the shaw-Mourinho relationship that we have no idea about.

We’ve seen all the words that Mourinho has said in public, but we haven’t seen or heard what they say in private. I can’t see shaw having stuck it out for so long, unless they have a fairly decent relationship in private.

TheReligion

Abusive

I assume Shaw is a liar then?

Considering he's gone out of his way to praise Jose in interviews during the summer and post Leicester.

They must both be lying that they get on for some reason. Makes perfect sense.

Frank Grimes

A big positive from last nights game. Have to admit I thought he was done at United but he has started the season decently and last night was his best performance for a long time. Would make such a difference to our team if he can continue performing at a consistently high level and Dalot can break through too.

wc18

I assume Shaw is a liar then?

Considering he's gone out of his way to praise Jose in interviews during the summer and post Leicester.

They must both be lying that they get on for some reason. Makes perfect sense.
Shaws not the type of person to start shit. I'm sure he just wants to be at united long term and will bite his tongue to do so. Players and managers lie all the time in the press and about respecting each other. If you think that is so outlandish and far fetched you're very naive.

beergod

Hard to believe given his performances in pre-season.
It's incredible. He looked so listless and out of sorts both mentally and physically. I'm not sure if he was running extra training sessions that tired him out or if it's a confidence thing, but he doesn't look the same player we had a month ago.

I hope he's turned it around for good this time.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
A big positive from last nights game. Have to admit I thought he was done at United but he has started the season decently and last night was his best performance for a long time. Would make such a difference to our team if he can continue performing at a consistently high level and Dalot can break through too.
Exactly. It is all about consistency. Some of his runs were brilliant, knocking the ball one side and running round the other shows his true class. But unless he does this week in week out he will not become the player we believe he can be.

With the defensive problems he has the opportunity to nail down that left wingback position and instead of giving his manager problems, give him a solution.

We really need good young English players to show what United are about as well as repaying the club and our supporters for their faith in them. Marcus Rashford please take note.

Last edited by a moderator:

dbs235

Class performance. Should be enough to keep Young out from now on.

AlwaysRed66

One thing I would mention about his performance was how he managed to keep Trippier quiet, & not allow him to cross into the United area, which is good play as Trippier is good. The other was comparing him to Danny Rose, who was pants yesterday, & think how many people on these boards wanted to sell Shaw or swap him to bring in Rose. Shaw/Young are way better than Rose.

spiriticon

He tends to run out of steam in the latter half of the season so let's hope he can stay fit and strong.

One strong, fit and consistent season and he'll win me over again.

reddevil702

Given how he played in preseason his start to the season has been incredible. If he can keep this up then that's one less problem area.

Mike Smalling

One of the few bright spots so far this season. It would be absolutely phenomenal if he could turn it around and be a quality and consistent left back over the next years. It'z crazy that he is still only 23!

Kostov

The sad part is, I still fear that on the first mediocre game he has, he will be back on the bench and people will paddle the same shit on here how he lacks this or that.

One thing I would mention about his performance was how he managed to keep Trippier quiet, & not allow him to cross into the United area, which is good play as Trippier is good. The other was comparing him to Danny Rose, who was pants yesterday, & think how many people on these boards wanted to sell Shaw or swap him to bring in Rose. Shaw/Young are way better than Rose.
He was the best FB on the pitch last night - I loved it when he dinked the ball around Trippier in the 2nd half.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I was rightfully critical of him. But now I'm happy for him and how can you not be?

He looks so sharp and quick and decisive a d confident. He ran the show yesterday. Only 1 defensive miscue that I can remember and he was our most dangerous attacker. He played England's RB off the pitch.

scoi

The only player that has had 3 games at the standard expected of a United player. The drive and determination of the summer has translated to the pitch.

What he saying to the press is also admirable, supporting the manager no matter what has gone on in the past and owning the mistakes of the team. Sounding like a captain in training

Reactions: Livvie

IrishRedDevil

With performances like that, he can eat all the junk food he wants. Well pleased that he is showing what he can do given a run of games.

Reiver

Genuinely impressed with him last night. The only problem is that the midfield, or possibly a CB need to be better at covering the space he can leave behind him. Not blaming Shaw for this though and hope he continues this form.

Cloudface

The lad still has an abundance of potential. His control, speed, strength and short passing game are still exceptional despite his up and down opportunities and fitness. I really like how he always seems to win headers and they always end up at our player's feet. So precise.

Winrar

Glad he's showing signs of turning his career around here amidst the apparent turmoil at this club. Just hope he continues to show this consistency.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Isn't it amazing that when you give this guy some trust and confidence he turns into a player. Anyone trying to give Jose credit for this is just a fecking idiot. Shaw is damn strong mentally and deserves a ton of credit. Most players would crumble after that injury and being abused by this dick head of a manager for 2 years
Yeah I think Mourinho realises which players he can challenge. This was obviously the case at the time but some "fecking idiots" didn't realise it. You were obviously one.

criticalanalysis

He tends to run out of steam in the latter half of the season so let's hope he can stay fit and strong.

One strong, fit and consistent season and he'll win me over again.
What season did that happen? (Genuine question)
Lol I was going to ask the same...because I don't think he's ever had a proper second half of the season unless you count a few games here and there.

Renegade

Happy for him.
Just know that one below standard game from him and we won’t see him again for months.

Kostov

Yeah I think Mourinho realises which players he can challenge. This was obviously the case at the time but some "fecking idiots" didn't realise it. You were obviously one.
Really? I don't think he does. Actually I think it's one of his biggest problems, or it was, that he is not flexible enough. I get it that he is a strong character, but not everyone is like him, Shaw might turn out to be, but he could have handled the situation much better in my opinion.

Canagel

All we need now is Dalot to get Valencia out and suddenly our fullback situation which looked a mess in the summer doesn't look so bad.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He wasn't bad last season, people got caught into a narrative but there was nothing wrong with his performances as a whole.

Smores

It's funny that those who are first to bemoan coaching and that Shaw isn't allowed to attack aren't in here praising it or admitting they were wrong? Speak up fools

Kostov

He wasn't bad last season, people got caught into a narrative but there was nothing wrong with his performances as a whole.
People are just hypocrites or have short memories. He should have stayed in the team in the winter, instead he was replaced and the same ones that defend every of Mourinho's decisions were back on force, telling us how he was this or that.

All we need now is Dalot to get Valencia out and suddenly our fullback situation which looked a mess in the summer doesn't look so bad.
I agree we just need to hold tight till Dalot is fit. We still need a new LB to rotate with Shaw next season. Hopefully TFM can rotate with Dalot next season too.

AlwaysRed66

Shaw is a classic example of some players needing a run of games until they can get up to speed. This is the first time he has this really under Mourinho & now bearing fruit. He was lucky Young was on World Cup duty, as he was able to play in all the pre-season friendly's. Yes, he didn't play great, but he needed the run to get up to speed, which manager must have seen, & once the season started fully, he was able to improve on that each match. Hopefully, he can carry improving, but my only worry is when he has a bad game or bad run of form, I hope the knives are not out from manager & fans, dropping him, then out for months.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He needs to play every game. Perhaps one of those that needs a lot of games.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Any word on when he's expected to be fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.