Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

It just shows how fickle fans and the media are. He's won MOTM awards more than once (against Spurs being another example to the Villa games), was voted by fans as Utd player of the month (August 2015), and even Adam McKola and the FullTimeDevils crew called him a class act ().

These days everyone hates him. Same deal with Shaw.
One month in 4 fecking years? Yeah the percentage is probably okay. He has been absolutely shit the majority of time
here. Only problem is how did he last for so long.

manunited1919

We need to sell Luke Shaw or get him to sign an option to extend. Otherwise, we will be in a lose-lose situation. If he is no good, we don’t have a good backup for 1 year, and he gets a high salary for that year, then leaves on a free. If we give him the opportunity to work his way into the squad, and he does take the opportunity, he will leave us at the end of the season on a free just when he is getting back to being a PL level player.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Typical new signing effect. I'm pretty sure if you watch those games back Darmian would look the same player he is now. I remember questioning his lack of attacking contribution at the time but he got overhyped because most were just desperate not to see Valencia at right back.
Darmian was quite good for the first two or three matches. That was about it though; certainly not the two months that was first mentioned in this thread.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Darmian was quite good for the first two or three matches. That was about it though; certainly not the two months that was first mentioned in this thread.
Don't want to derail the Shaw thread but this was Darmian's 'man of the match' debut against Spurs that was raved about on here.
If he gave that performance now he'd get a 6 rating on here at best.

On Shaw, he hasn't got the pace and agility back he was showing at his best for us at the start of 15/16:

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The progression he would have to make to go from the level he is at to the level we all dream he could be at, would be the equivalence of the progression I would go from being an amateur footballer to a premier league player. It is absurd how horrible of a player he has become.

beergod

IIRC Darmian was good until Sanchez utterly destroyed him and he was never the same after that.

el3mel

Darmian was crap offensively from day one. He was just good defensively at the start.

luke511

I wonder if Mourinho didn't appreciate him discussing their private texts in public..

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
maybe he was just protected from mourinho who was expecting a shit game and didn't want him to lose his somewhat gained confidence and he will play against Real. Shame Mitchel today proved he will probably not be a viable option for Mou and we are stuck with Young and Shaw

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Put in as good of a performance today as his last 2 pre season games.

el3mel

He's shockingly bad it's not funny. Shaky defensively and has zero output offensively.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
His reaction and dynamism are severely lacking. Otherwise, he'd be one of the best players in the world.

kundalini

Shaw looked as exhausted as the players that had played the full match against Liverpool. Once again, Darmian was far more of a threat as right wing-back than Shaw was as a left wing-back.

Nothing about Shaw's pre-season performances have suggested a desire to earn the left-back position while Young is unavailable. The big thing that worked in his favour was Demi Mitchell looking clueless defensively against Liverpool.

keener

He really didn't look like the player I'd hoped that would show up. Sluggish, one footed and not great at defending tonight. I was very disappointed in a guy that I've defended and held out hope for over the past year or 2.

Woziak

He has never recovered the pace and acceleration he demonstrated before the injury. Think it's insane business to go into season with Shaw and Young as our options at LB again.
Yep, totally agree posted something similar, we should probably be in for Kieran Tierney if available for £25M to £30M which would give us a new dimension on the left. I think Shaw had 4 assists/0 Goals for Saints and 2 assists/0 goals for United in 4 years . Young had that many just in the World Cup, far superior player.

Mr PG

Yep, totally agree posted something similar, we should probably be in for Kieran Tierney if available for £25M to £30M which would give us a new dimension on the left. I think Shaw had 4 assists/0 Goals for Saints and 2 assists/0 goals for United in 4 years . Young had that many just in the World Cup, far superior player.
forget this young player obsession we have here. more than half do not work out. We need a squad of men and kids as back up.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He has undeniable talent, but I strongly suspects he idolises Justin Bieber more than say Ronaldo. Which of course is a stupid thing to do when you can't sing for shit and has a too fat of an ass to dance, while he actually has the potential to become a great football player. Bieber wouldn't be a superstar if he spent his time eating chips and following the PL. I also blame his entourage following him around like he's Monty Brewster. Wish he would just grow up.

He has regressed in every single area because of his lack of focus and misplaced energy. He used to be a decent defender at the very least but his concentration in that area coupled with a great lack of dynamism makes him an incredibly easy target for wingers. So disappointing but he should just be sold for whatever fee we could get for him this summer and use that money towards someone who gives a crap.

manunited1919

His reaction and dynamism are severely lacking. Otherwise, he'd be one of the best players in the world.
He also needs to have better positioning, better crossing, better decision making, more ball control, more dribbling skill, much more vision, and better shooting ability. So yeah, once you add those qualities to Luke Shaw, he would be aproaching Marcelo levels of greatness.

manunited1919

I really don’t see the point of keeping Shaw on his final year of contract. We’d be better of selling him now and playing Ander Herrera or Mc Tim or TFM as backup left back. Shaw should be prioritised to GOB.

Canagel

He has never recovered the pace and acceleration he demonstrated before the injury. Think it's insane business to go into season with Shaw and Young as our options at LB again.
Absolutely insane. Neither are up to standard. Lack of top LB is the biggest weakness we have.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I think a big problem with how he has looked in preseason is because he's played as a wingback. He came through as a traditional left back. He looks quite lost to me in advanced positions. I mean, the guy just turned 23. Time is on his side still. But he has not been good for a very long time. Make or break season for him. He has the opportunity to make the position his own for a very long time. But if he can't step up now, handle the pressure, and go to another level; then his time here is done. The club will just have to move on.

At full back, on both sides of the field, our options look very poor for a championship chasing side. Expectations are already too high for young Dalot.

Eddy_JukeZ

There's no point in him.

He has no future here and he honestly isn't that good.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Whoscored have Shaw down as having three assists ever in the Premier League and Europe. Other sites that show cup data have him down for 0 for them.

So three assists in his entire career.

Andersons Dietician

Looks like he has been taking Fullback lessons from Valencia, which is never a good thing, especially at crossing. He must be near his black belt in shin-jitsu from Sensai Valencia. Has been pretty poor this tour, I had written it off in that he is sort of holding back as to not risk injury before the start of the season but now I’m not convinced that is the case.

Oldyella

I'm beginning to feel sorry for him. He must feel pressure in every game he plays, looks like everything is too hard for him at the moment.
Yeah, but I think we are now at the stage where it is incredibly unlikely he can turn it around. His only hope now is that Young comes back in, and he gets odd games here and there and improves gradually under less pressure and gets his confidence back. Its crazy we are looking at CBs when the LB is such a glaring weak area.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s a terrible player. It’s particularly annoying as it increases the chances of Dalot being made to play LB for us.

He needs to do the honourable thing now and give it up here. I’m confident that had we managed to ship him and Darmian, we would almost certainly have brought in the new LB that we need. There’s still time so I’m hoping.

Shaw has West Ham written all over him.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
He’s been really, really poor.

I’m just hoping that it’s because he’s rusty due to barely playing over the last few seasons. Hopefully he’s able to stay fit and keep getting minutes while Young comes back to play himself into form.

I never thought he was an amazing attacking LB anyway, but he used to have good pace and acceleration and would provide with, even if his crossing and overall output was poor. Now, he just looks all over the place from a defensive and attacking standpoint. Can’t really stop crosses coming in, gets beaten easily by his winger and doesn’t really get up that often to provide width on the flank anyway.

Just sort of ambles around being a nothing player.

Status
Not open for further replies.