Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Art

Art the artist
His under hit pass to Pogba forced Paul to commit to that 50-50. Played with 0 courage today.

el3mel

Unbelievably overrated this season no matter how you look at it. You look at the matches, you see average LB, then you come here and see people talking about how great he's defensively. Well that's what you get being content with mediocrity in such a vital position in modern game football.

Not even that but this "defensively good" myth was blown out today with him evacuating his left side 2 times in a row leaving his man there free which ended in the corner that led to the first goal.

Bang average whatever anyone defends him imo and should be a sub next season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
No attacking quality. Him and Sanchez down our left in the second half was never going to work.

Hoof the ball

One of the differences between him and Alba is how often Alba sprints to overlap and force overload on the side of the field, whereas, Luke runs and jogs to occupy the same position.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Same goes for about 9 of his teammates tonight then.
I am not talking just about tonight's game because Shaw wasn't bad tonight. He was exactly the same like he is in most of games. Nothing in attack, mostly good in defence.

Mick321

The sort of player you'd be happy with as back up on 50k a week or something. Not starting every week on 100k + or whatever it is he gets. He's just average in every department.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Not good enough. By that i mean to be a starter for us. Just not good enough.

wythyred

Remember when people said Rooney could even do a job at LB when he was in his pomp?

Well.. when he was over the hill and we wanted rid he would of turned out a similar standard performance as Luke tubby Shaw.

He gets a free pass almost ever game for absolute mediocrity and being clearly out of shape - get rid.

Stepney73

I just can't see why people rate this guy.

He's built and plays like a Sunday league player plus looks well out of his depth against top players.

Kostov

I am not talking just about tonight's game because Shaw wasn't bad tonight. He was exactly the same like he is in most of games. Nothing in attack, mostly good in defence.
He’s been consistently one of our best players this season, if he’s as bad as you are talking than we need about 8 new starters in the summer.

marktan

He's a good technical footballer and I like him a lot, but I can't help but get past the feeling this is what you'd get if you played Wayne Rooney at left back. Good on the ball, but body built like a tank and seldom ever gets in behind.

Still, I won't criticise too harshly because he does keep possession well for us, but he's never really looked the same player since that leg break. Oh and also the memory of Darmian and co at left back still lingers in memory.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Said it before and I'll say the same thing again, but Shaw taking corners is pure banter. It makes no sense at all, it's up there with Jones taking them.

As for his attacking play, he did nothing at all. It works when Martial is on his game, but when Shaw has to carry the ball and take on players he doesn't do it.

izec

Good enough for the PL against anyone outside the top 4, but o international stage, he is bang average.

Offensively absolute shambles, no courage, no running, no crossing, no sync. Bernat on the other side looked miles better offensively and he isnt even a top class LB. An offensive LB is on the list for me this summer

Zoo

Very muted performance and then capped it off by selling Pogba short with a poor return ball, who was grafting to do something for us and now misses the second leg.

Zlatattack

So poor today.

• He ghosted around play like he was the ref.
  • IDK if it's the camera angle, but he looks twice as big as anyone else on the pitch.
  • He has no intensity or pace in his game.
  • He offered nothing offensively or defensively other than a shadow.
  • It's clear his teammates ignore him on the pitch in the second phase of play.
  • His crossing is terrible and he seems to take his time hoisting his leg for every cross he tries that doesn't hit the first defender.
I hope we sign Tierney and eventually just sell this guy.

Minimalist

On this evidence, he's a squad player at best if we're actually competing for trophies. And maybe still not good enough for that.

Skills

Snitch
He overlapped once today and put in a pretty good ball only for everyone in the box to stay on their heels. It resulted in PSG breaking through us, and Young getting a yellow.

I just don't think he overlaps because he's got Pogba and Martial on his side of the pitch. They're both very attacking, and if Shaw starts bombing forward ahead of play too there's nobody there to cover him. Young has the benefit of Herrera on his side of the flank, but he just doesn't have the ability or pace to do it.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He’s been consistently one of our best players this season, if he’s as bad as you are talking than we need about 8 new starters in the summer.
I wrote that on another thread. For title challenge in PL he is good enough. But to be 50-50 in games with Real, Barca, PSG, Juve....yes, we need 6 new players.
And man, bolded part is just not true

Based Adnan

Got Pogba sent off. Infact the only good thing I remember him doing is smashing into Dani Alves. Terrible performance.

tomaldinho1

Wasn't great tonight but is good enough for LB. We should keep an eye out if there are any top LBs available but RW & RB are far more pressing.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Wasn't great tonight but is good enough for LB. We should keep an eye out if there are any top LBs available but RW & RB are far more pressing.
They are all available but we will never pay their price. I can't imagine that United would buy full back for 50-60 mil while having solid full back. We play with ex wingers on a right side for 5 years now, ffs.

Frank Grimes

You can't get blood out of a stone, he is not good enough. Anyone who has watched football for more than 5 years realises he is average as average can be. If you are happy for him to be our first choice lb next season then you're admitting that top 4 and cup runs is all you expect from United.

Kostov

I wrote that on another thread. For title challenge in PL he is good enough. But to be 50-50 in games with Real, Barca, PSG, Juve....yes, we need 6 new players.
And man, bolded part is just not true
To be 50:50 in games against those teams you need your 2-3 best players showing up and leading the charge, lifting the game. Tonight Pogba, Martial and Rashford were pocketed and frankly invisible. Thilo Kehrer a CB by trade just played RB for PSG against us. Luke Shaw wasn’t the problem tonight nor at present time. We have much more glaring needs than upgrading on Shaw in the near future.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Very muted performance and then capped it off by selling Pogba short with a poor return ball, who was grafting to do something for us and now misses the second leg.
You really like Pogba :lol: Everyone is at fault except of him, despite him being one of our worst players of the night. My agenda poster of the year so far.

Welbeckham

Decent performance for me. He’s not world class nor a problem of highest priority. He defends well, but lacks football intelligence to ever become an absolute top player in his position.

ZenMaster Coltrane

You really like Pogba :lol: Everyone is at fault except of him, despite him being one of our worst players of the night. My agenda poster of the year so far.
Clue in. Easily the most threatening attacking player. PSG flooded the left and exposed United's deficiencies on the right.

Zoo

Nothing I said there was wrong. I’ve got no issue with people expecting more from Pogba but calling him one of our worst players whilst ignoring the fact that Tuchel specifically planned for him is funny.

Andersons Dietician

So poor today.

• He ghosted around play like he was the ref.
  • IDK if it's the camera angle, but he looks twice as big as anyone else on the pitch.
  • He has no intensity or pace in his game.
  • He offered nothing offensively or defensively other than a shadow.
  • It's clear his teammates ignore him on the pitch in the second phase of play.
  • His crossing is terrible and he seems to take his time hoisting his leg for every cross he tries that doesn't hit the first defender.
I hope we sign Tierney and eventually just sell this guy.
I really don’t get this desire for Tierney because he isn’t as good as Shaw so I just don’t get it.

I feel like you need to watch the game again because he overlapped a lot and at one point was the furthest forward breaking on the right and had good moments and put in a good cut back and a few good crosses as well as some runs where he had gone behind the back line if the ball was played to him.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Nothing I said there was wrong. I’ve got no issue with people expecting more from Pogba but calling him one of our worst players whilst ignoring the fact that Tuchel specifically planned for him is funny.
Who care what Tuchel did, he was one of our worst players. Worst passing accuracy, totally marked out off the game, did nothing defensively, and got a red card. As I said in his thread, Mata had just 8 passes less than him and he came in the second half. Anyone calling that anything else than shit performance needs their eyes checking.

Devil81

Awful and gave Pogba an awful simple pass.

Lost all confidence in his attacking.

Zlatattack

I really don’t get this desire for Tierney because he isn’t as good as Shaw so I just don’t get it.

I feel like you need to watch the game again because he overlapped a lot and at one point was the furthest forward breaking on the right and had good moments and put in a good cut back and a few good crosses as well as some runs where he had gone behind the back line if the ball was played to him.
Maybe. TBH i did start focusing on him in the second half when we were losing, so could be biased by that.

Jonno

He’s been poor for a few weeks now and it’s obvious why Mourinho had him on such a tight leash. He seems sluggish in his movement, his passing is limited and he doesn’t seem to know when to overlap and when to stay.

Zoo

Who care what Tuchel did, he was one of our worst players. Worst passing accuracy, totally marked out off the game, did nothing defensively, and got a red card. As I said in his thread, Mata had just 8 passes less than him and he came in the second half. Anyone calling that anything else than shit performance needs their eyes checking.
He was the only one who looked capable of doing anything against a PSG team that we’re in a different class. Mata had 8 passes less because PSG were happy to sit back and let us have it after going 2-0 up knowing that we had little threat. Did Buffon even make a save?

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
He was the only one who looked capable of doing anything
And what is that exactly? Only one who looked half threatening was Rashford, you could see they are afraid of him even though he hardly received any ball, and Herrera took some very good positions but he is no attacking player. Pogba did nothing tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.