Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

buckooo1978

he has been great - still a young kid too - he could be a great left back for the next 8/9 years

NoPace

I literally can't believe people have been calling for his head since Mou left. He's a phenomenal LB, his touch and passing are of an incredibly high standard, let alone for a left back.
Yeah he's always been technically very good and a lot of people seem to have missed that. Southampton produce a fair few like that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Great player despite what the Caf experts / Mourinho acolytes have said over the years.
My problem with him was getting injured every two seconds. If that's truly behind him then theres nothing to worry about (seems to be).
Anyway, been terrific. One of the few positions we dont have to worry about what so ever. Injuries permitting hes basically set for the next 7-8 years if not more. Probably Rashford is the only other one you can say that for, Martial to an extent as well (since he signed his extension). We know they're good enough now, and they're all young so youd expect them to progress still while they're also here for the forseeable future.

Robbie Boy

My problem with him was getting injured every two seconds. If that's truly behind him then theres nothing to worry about (seems to be).
Anyway, been terrific. One of the few positions we dont have to worry about what so ever. Injuries permitting hes basically set for the next 7-8 years if not more. Probably Rashford is the only other one you can say that for, Martial to an extent as well (since he signed his extension). We know they're good enough now, and they're all young so youd expect them to progress still while they're also here for the forseeable future.
He had fitnesss issues but he used to barely get a run of games to build up his fitness. My issue was with the people who slated his ability and made out like he was useless.

Trizy

Man like Luke is flawless defensively, nothing new.

One of our few players that should be starting in a title winning side.

Zoo

He’s on the verge of becoming world class. I’m happy for him.

Cloud7

Really glad we decided to stick with him. He’s becoming such a beast of a player, and his best years are still ahead of him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Needs more improvement to be a world class so let’s not get ahead ourselves calling him he’s at edge of world class. However, He’s my motm today (again) and it was top performance once again, I can see him to be a future best left back in the league.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Said it few times, he is just very good footballer. His first touch and passing in general is good. That pass for the goal, he played similar one playing for England.

He should work on his crossing. Yesterday Watford player just stayed very close to Martial when we counter attacked, leaving acres of space for Shaw. He didn't do anything just waited for sometime and finally passed the ball to Martial. If he can work on his crossing, he can whip decent deliveries to box from deeper position too.

Overall he had good game and season. One less position to worry about in summer.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Great player despite what the Caf experts / Mourinho acolytes have said over the years.
Well he's definitely got his arse into gear big time. Imo the criticism was warranted, as everyone knew he had talent, but I think Jose gave him the boot up the arse needed. And I'm no Jose fan. He looked better from the start of the season and now under Ole he can really flourish, and I think we've seen that with his improved attacking play.

Canagel

I got proper annoyed when he failed to square a simple cross to be tapped in but apart from that it was very good performance. First touch might be the best in the whole squad. Crossing needs to be improved. Especially if our fullbacks learn to play into the space to be attacked and not always into feet- we'll be scoring goals for fun.

VanGaalyTime

He's becoming a truly special player. I've been so impressed with his attacking this season. He's always been a pretty good defender but his passing and dribbling have improved significantly. If he can add shooting over the next year or two we could have an exceptional player on our hands.

SoCross

He should work on his crossing. Yesterday Watford player just stayed very close to Martial when we counter attacked, leaving acres of space for Shaw. He didn't do anything just waited for sometime and finally passed the ball to Martial. If he can work on his crossing, he can whip decent deliveries to box from deeper position too.
Evra was an atrocious crosser; Shaw is probably better at this and at passing. But Paddy was an outstanding dribbler and so much of our play went down the left and some of the one-two passes and movement was just :drool:

Shaw can work on this but we need whoever playing on the left and in the middle to have better movement too.

AgentP

Defensively, he's the best LB in the league. He is also getting better with his passing and link up play. Now he just needs to work on his fitness and final ball/cross to become one of the best in his position.

I'm sure they already do but more work needs to be done on scenarios where he gets the ball in the opponent's penalty area. The strikers and Shaw need to figure out certain routines to make the most of such situations. I usually find none of our players free or making any useful run when Shaw has the ball in their box. There are no clever runs or opportunities for cut backs into good areas.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Honestly, the treatment bordered abuse. Constantly calling him out, saying ‘he was playing with my brain’, questioning his work ethic when he was actually injured etc.

God, what a blight that man was to this club.

The White Pele

You could make a case for him being our player of the season. Certainly one of the most consistent.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
What did he say I missed it?
"He gives me lots of confidence and let's me know he believes in me and that's all a player needs" Obvious dig at Jose, entirely on the money of course. Goes on to say "... he's been magnificent and it was only a matter of time before he got announced and we're all happy for him ..." nice words very genuinely spoken.

beycont

At some point on the caf, we're gonna have to stop mentioning Jose Mourinho. We've become obsessed with him.
I agree with this. I came in to read about Shaw's performance and it turns into a Mourinho bashing/defending thread.

nokoya

Look at how consistent he is, I am so happy for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

lawliet354

Said it few times, he is just very good footballer. His first touch and passing in general is good. That pass for the goal, he played similar one playing for England.

Overall he had good game and season. One less position to worry about in summer.
That's the kind of pass that Messi would be proud of, it's even more amazing that it came from a left back. If he can work on improving his crossing, he's gonna be the best LB for sure.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
He is getting closer to that level he reached at the start of the 2015/16 season before the injury where he completely owned the left hand side of the pitch. The way he won the ball and drove forward with the ball really reminded me of 15/16 Shaw.

He has always been superb defensively IMO but if he can improve on his crossing and increase his attacking output then I think he would have a good shout at being the best LB in the league.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That suspension really couldn't come at a worse time really. The foul was very clumsy, disappointed in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.