Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

centreback

Think it's quite obvious how important Luke's become for our attacking play. Our right side is always non-existent, but with his absence our left-wing has become an even bigger issue.

Gordon S

Only decent fullback in the team, we really miss him when he's out.
We need some backup to him but i don't think we can afford it when we desperatly need players for almost every other position.

marktan

Is he injured?

Like Pogba one of the few genuinely top players we have in our team imo.

Mickson

Is he injured?

Like Pogba one of the few genuinely top players we have in our team imo.
The classic "you get better in the CAF eyes for not even playing" also, 10 yellow cards so he's suspended. 10 yellow like a genuinely top player.

marktan

The classic "you get better in the CAF eyes for not even playing" also, 10 yellow cards so he's suspended. 10 yellow like a genuinely top player.
? Not sure what point you're making. He's been one of our best players this season.

For me his technique on the ball, calmness and defending all make for a top player, I've been saying that since he first came here. His attacking has regressed after his leg break but he's shown glimpses of it this season, especially how hard he is to knock off when he gets running. He was as integral as anyone in that good run we had under Ole over the last few months.

Mickson

? Not sure what point you're making. He's been one of our best players this season.

For me his technique on the ball, calmness and defending all make for a top player, I've been saying that since he first came here. His attacking has regressed after his leg break but he's shown glimpses of it this season, especially how hard he is to knock off when he gets running. He was as integral as anyone in that good run we had under Ole over the last few months.
My point is that he's not top class. He is, however, solid and okayish. Our standards are so low nowadays.

Paul_Scholes18

He is our only fullback that can both defend and attack well. Glad to have him back now, but don't think it will help much since the season is pretty much over.

marktan

My point is that he's not top class. He is, however, solid and okayish. Our standards are so low nowadays.
I think he can get there. He has all the tools and still only 23. Under a coach like SAF I think he would've been there already, but he's been collectively yo-yo'ed by Van Gaal and Mourinho.

MadMike

He was voted motm in his last 3 appearances, so I call bollocks to that.

AJ10

luke shaw needs to be replaced according to people on here after having a good season and looks to be improving. :lol:

Devil may care

I was surprised to see him in the 4 listed for MOTM, but then I saw how low all the scores were. I thought he looked rusty tonight, like he'd been missing for 3 months rather than 3 games, sloppy, late on a lot of challenges, another yellow card, just out of sorts.

Irwin99

Another booking and probably not too dissimilar to the other 10 he's picked up this season. Looked a bit heavy but his touch and technique is at least 10 times better than any other full back we have.

Web of Bissaka

Where the hell are his attacks and his usually reliable defending?!

Off work because of suspension and getting lazier?!

Well done.

No excuse for him not attacking. At the other end, even if the delivery is rubbish, Young as RB attacks plenty of times.

Playing too much in safe mode.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What did people make of Roy Keane saying Shaw isn't good enough along with the two CBs?

steakpie

Played as left wing back abut can't remember him getting in an attacking position once. At fault for goal.

Would like to see him replaced.

ErranMorad

He cannot be making basic defending errors for someone who doesn't bring a whole lot to the table in attack.

As I have been saying, we need to add another LB to the team. Whether it should be as a starter or a back-up is the only issue up for debate.

Last edited:

Jacob

Not the standard we should strive for but far from the first one to replace. I can think of 6 other positions before LB.

sherrinford

Not the standard we should strive for but far from the first one to replace. I can think of 6 other positions before LB.
Not his best game yesterday, but in general he has been at the standard required this season. He can be frustrating because he can be very conservative but that is all.

Mickson

Full backs in Premier League who have more points (or the same) than Luke Shaw this season (and this is by far Shaw's best season ever regarding points, he has more points this season than in his entire career before):

Lucas Digne, Alexander Arnold, Andy Robertson, Kieran Trippier, [Irrelevant point], Ashley Young, Sean Kolasinac, Nacho Monreal, Hector Bellerin, Patrick van Aanholt, Ricardo Pereira, Benjamin Mendy, Oleksandr Zinchenko, Cesar Azpilicueta, Sergio Aurier, Jose Holebas and Matt Doherty.

I have been kind though. All of these players have played fewer games, some of them plenty. And I haven't taken players who have better average points per game (Chilwell, Dalot, Rose, Emerson, Maitland-Niles etc. And I haven't put in center backs like van Dijk, Tarkowski, Sol Bamba etc etc who all have more points than Luke Shaw this season. But yeah, he's really good enough! Picked up his eleventh booking yesterday only in the league yesterday (14 in total). Atleast two of Luke Shaw's points have been extreme fluke also, his goal and one of the assists. His game going forward is laughably poor, not only his stats but his decision making, stamina, eye for a pass, crossing, passing in the box, and people are still defending him like he's some world beater. It's not like his defensive side is bulletproof, as we saw yesterday although I think he's generally decent there. I'm not saying Shaw is shit. He's not shit. He's just really, really not that good that people here are claiming, and our standards are so low that we start hyping him based on pretty much nothing. There is a reason Southgate prefers Ben Chillwell. Shaw is not our biggest problem right now, but if we are reaching for the top, then Luke Shaw is not good enough. I see him as Lindelof, they are the least shit in our team so people start hyping.

Last edited:

bucky

What did people make of Roy Keane saying Shaw isn't good enough along with the two CBs?
I think the bigger issue is that we shouldn't rely on him staying injury free. He looks completely unfit and it's only a matter of time before he gets injured again.

Shinjch

If we didn't have more pressing issues we should be looking to replace him. Just not good enough. Gives us nothing going forward, even when playing as a wingback.

I don't know how a player can lose so much sharpness in such a short time out but overall he's one of the least of our worries.

Grande

He has been one of our best players for about two months running until the suspensions. Yesterday he was one of our weakest. Better than Dalot and Young has been lately, but far from Young yesterday. Nit a disasterous game, though. One case of weak defending, a fair bit of hestitance and quite a few sloppy controls/passes/choices. He’s got that sort of Rooney coming back periods, maybe?

Irwin99

I love Keane but I think he could be wrong on that one. Shaw has done pretty decent this season, he's improved his general fitness and his touch is fantastic, although his card count is ridiculous because it's the same offence over and over again. That could be related to his fitness still not being 100 %

I see he is back working with his old dietician again
I feel really mean for saying it but I thought he looked a bit overweight. Same body issues as Rooney had?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He needs to be smarter in his defending, so often when played against a left footer on the right wing he lets them cut inside. He really needs to cut that pathway off and show them down the line, no chance was Silva going on the outside of Shaw.

he was just too reactive and let Silva push him back into the box, letting him cut in on the left foot was really poor, then he didn't even attempt to block it.

I thought he was doing OK before then, but he really needs to cut these silly mistakes out. The push on Sterling was also very stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.