Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bucky

Remember when everyone was saying last season he didn’t look fit going in to pre season yet he was supposedly the fittest person there at the top of all the tests.
Okay? He also ran sub 10 km per game last season, which is not good enough. Pogba gets slandered on here for similar running stats. With that being said, really happy that he seemingly lost weight going by today's photos. Last time he came in with a shape like that he started the season really well under van Gaal.

Andersons Dietician

Okay? He also ran sub 10 km per game last season, which is not good enough. Pogba gets slandered on here for similar running stats. With that being said, really happy that he seemingly lost weight going by today's photos. Last time he came in with a shape like that he started the season really well under van Gaal.
No doubt that needs to improve but when Matic, Pogba and Martial are the ones that are supposed to cover you, are you really going to trust those 3 to do the job so you can charge up field?
Not to mention how rubbish the midfield is at finding the actual runs you do make. Martial seems to ignore Shaw’s overlaps quite a bit as well.

Irwin99

People have an agenda against Shaw for some reason. I'm betting on him having a great season.
Not an agenda it's just he's been here for 5 years now i think, and sometimes it's still a struggle to know what to make of him. He's got a lot of good points to his game (his touch in particular is excellent) but a lot of things to improve on.

I think he will have a good season this year if he stays fit, which he did do last season. I'm hoping he and AWB will be our fullbacks for the next ten years or so.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Always comes back looking trim. Expect his body type needs intensive training to cut up and that’s not the kind of work you can do during a season hence why he seems to gain weight as the season goes on...

caid

I'm definitely in the don't rate him pile. Hope he proves me wrong and hes zipping up and down the line for 90 mins every match.

SteveW

Now he looks like a modern day full back.

I thought he did well last season so I wasn't too critical of his shape but he's always looked a bit too big to be able to get up and down the wing as much as he'd probably like to.

He spoke at the end of the season about his intentions to improve his fitness and it looks like he's been as good as his word. The turnaround in his attitude and professionalism has been fantastic imo. I think he's going to have a great season.

Tarrou

He's one of our most reliable players now IMO

Good turnaround from a couple of seasons back

Stacks

Not an agenda it's just he's been here for 5 years now i think, and sometimes it's still a struggle to know what to make of him. He's got a lot of good points to his game (his touch in particular is excellent) but a lot of things to improve on.

I think he will have a good season this year if he stays fit, which he did do last season. I'm hoping he and AWB will be our fullbacks for the next ten years or so.
I would personally prefer an upgrade on England's 3rd or 4th choice left back unless we are settling for 6th placed mediocrity but for now he is the least of our problems

Stacks

Now he looks like a modern day full back.

I thought he did well last season so I wasn't too critical of his shape but he's always looked a bit too big to be able to get up and down the wing as much as he'd probably like to.

He spoke at the end of the season about his intentions to improve his fitness and it looks like he's been as good as his word. The turnaround in his attitude and professionalism has been fantastic imo. I think he's going to have a great season.
In almost every thread people claim such and such will have a great season and we end up with no outstanding performers

el3mel

In almost every thread people claim such and such will have a great season and we end up with no outstanding performers
Yeah makes you wonder why we're so shite if all our players have such great potential. :lol:

Brophs

The One and Only
Reminds me of some of the Arsenal lads on here a few years back. Every single discussion descended into them arguing that, man for man, they had just as good players as us. It was mental.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Needs to learn how to cross, dribble in for a cut back, and learn to pass and move with Martial/Pogba.

Defensively already a beast though.

Red00012

We’ve so many issues in our squad we won’t be dealing with the LB issue. That issue is he isn’t good enough for a team challenging for top 4 but he’ll do a job for a top 8 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.