Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If he was our best peformer after that performance, it says how bad everyone else was.
Agreed. Of the English clubs in the Champions League not a single one would choose Shaw as a starter. Our fans keep seeing things that aren’t there with this kid.

Bright spark on an otherwise dull day? Nothing much from Brighton came down his side and he was half decent in attack again.

MAME DIOUF 32

I don't think he played particularly well but he was probably still our best player. He got up and down and wanted the ball in attacking positions. Perhaps the penny really has dropped.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Bright spark on an otherwise dull day? Nothing much from Brighton came down his side and he was half decent in attack again.
Yeah, he was easily our least bad defender on the day. I didn't vote for MOTM but he probably had that. Thought Fellaini looked good when he came on also.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Nothing amazing but decent performance. Shaw finally puts effort in and no one else bothers.

Henry Gaervell

I thought he was our best player on a bad day all round.

Main issue was he did get beat quite a few times on the so wings, but saying that, part of that was down to poor defensive positioning by the whole. We were leaky as a sieve to high and low balls, not to mention direct running.

On the plus side he put the effort in, kept his stamina up and offered a good attacking output (effectively created the 1st goal).

Jury is still out on whether he is our long term solution at Left Back, but it's a promising start to the season and I'm happy with his attitude. From a transfer perspective, Left Back is the 3rd/4th priority to address at this current time - RW is the highest priority, at least 1 x CB and possibly a RB (depends if Dalot is ready to make that position his own in 2018).

George The Best

To be fair to the lad I think we’ve got far bigger problems than him at the mo. He put in a decent shift and kept going throughout. More of an attacking threat than Martial too, and that’s the saddest thing for me as he was doing the work of two players. Perhaps we’ll throw him in as a LW against Spurs. Only joking but he couldn’t do much worse out there than the excuse of a LW on the Park today. When Shaw and Fellaini are competing for MOTM then you know we’ve got issues.

Red_toad

Nice to see Luke doing well. Pretty solid outing and an assist. Putting a few of our star players who've down tooled to shame.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very impressive to still put in a performance like that with the rest of the team putting in a 3/10

flappyjay

Fat, lazy, bad attitude, not even good.

Playing exactly the way he was playing in Dec/Jan but then dropped for Young and half this thread was people wanting him out for the above reasons.
These people are so easy to brain wash

Kostov

But but, I thought Ashley Young is miles better than Shaw? Was that the same Young who is equally as good at RB and who was shockingly bad yesterday?

Kostov

He was absolutely terrible yesterday, but don't write him off because of one bad game (his first match of the season).
I'm not writing him off. I've never really had him as anything other than utility player playing out of position for us. It's more to do with people overrating him just to slate Shaw for no reason. If Shaw had a performance like that, he wouldn't have a look at the team for months, and people will defend Jose's decision to the death here. Double standards and all that.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I still think performance wise he's not quite there yet. Much better contributions offensively but he still has to work hard on his game. He says he wants to be one of the best LB's in the world but yet to see anything Patrice-esque from him. Hopefully will continue to improve with more game time.

Acole9

Outstanding
Not the best start but he managed to sort himself out and does come out of it with a little bit of credit.

luke511

I still think performance wise he's not quite there yet. Much better contributions offensively but he still has to work hard on his game. He says he wants to be one of the best LB's in the world but yet to see anything Patrice-esque from him. Hopefully will continue to improve with more game time.
I'm sure when he gets all of his pace back, which is inevitable if he carries on starting for us throughout the season, we'll see the best of him.

luke511

It is in no way inevitable at all though.
He's just turned 23, his legs are still young and regenerative. It'll take time but if he's our starter for the rest of the season then it'll return. Inevitable was probably the wrong word to use though.

Terminator

Played really well the last 2 games, impressed wirh him. Tbf he was good in Dec/Jan before Jose inexplicably tossed him out of the team, hopefully doesnt happen again.

AR87

Played really well the last 2 games, impressed wirh him. Tbf he was good in Dec/Jan before Jose inexplicably tossed him out of the team, hopefully doesnt happen again.
May be I'm being hopeful but it feels like hes playing with more confidence and Jose has more in him. It would have been easy for him to play Young on the left last week and start Darmian on the right and it's something he's done previously.

He needs to stay consistent, but he was the only one in the starting XI who I thought actually came out with credit.

At the moment he's doing reasonably ok. Not amazing but enough for you to feel slightly more optimistic that he may be finally showing the right mentality and dedication that we've all been so desperately waiting to see.

I now expect him to score a own goal,concede a penalty and get sent off against Spurs.

luke511

Anyone any info on this apparent foot knock fantasy football's saying he's got?

EricTheKingTheKing

Anyone any info on this apparent foot knock fantasy football's saying he's got?
Was hoping to see some training pics from during the week, but can't seem to find any. Anyone seen Luke training this week?

Last edited by a moderator:

Andersons Dietician

C'mon Luke. Have a big performance today.
Could be a tough one with Pogba in front of him from the looks of it and against Moura and Trippier. Feel like he might be targeted. Hope he keeps up recent levels and shuts them down, as well as hopefully putting them on the back foot.

Man Utd 0:3 Tottenham

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Our best player today. Good start to the season for him. Can't wait for him to get dropped for Young for no reason next game.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think that’s his best performance he’s ever had for us.

The fact Mourinho came on after a 3-0 defeat and patted him on the back with a consoling gesture speaks wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.