Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Interview from 1:00. He's proper gutted.

From 3:00 Mourinho is praising him.
He seems a good lad there. Heartfelt. The rest of the team needs to show some heart now.

Jose has always done the right thing with him in my opinion, although a little harsh at times. For Jose to give him credit when it's due is exactly right too.

Chicharito_

I'm suddenly worried about his contract situation, anyone know how long he has left?

lolok

Amazes me that people don't give Jose any credit for an uptick in Shaws performances.
Maybe because for the past 2 years, Jose has been destroying his confidence.

Shaw is a FA at the end of the year, and he is playing for a contract. Here in the United States, it's not uncommon to see players play extremely well in the final year of their contract, so they get better offers when they are out of contract.

Money can be a very powerful motivator for some people.

Emptihead

Supports
Manchester City
I'm suddenly worried about his contract situation, anyone know how long he has left?
With how much fullbacks are costing if he continues the season as he has he will be able to demand a ridiculous wage. It's not good business to let players enter their final year unless you are absolutely fine with them walking for nothing.

wc18

Isn't it amazing that when you give this guy some trust and confidence he turns into a player. Anyone trying to give Jose credit for this is just a fecking idiot. Shaw is damn strong mentally and deserves a ton of credit. Most players would crumble after that injury and being abused by this dick head of a manager for 2 years

Yagami

Good post resistant
Oh, look, a run of games and he's excelling. Who'd have thought? Now, if only Martial could get a run of games. It's not, and never has been, rocket science. Give these two a run of games we'll be better for it.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He has been MOTM every game for us this season. Fantastic

automaticflare

Isn't it amazing that when you give this guy some trust and confidence he turns into a player. Anyone trying to give Jose credit for this is just a fecking idiot. Shaw is damn strong mentally and deserves a ton of credit. Most players would crumble after that injury and being abused by this dick head of a manager for 2 years

This is a good point aswell to be fair

AgentP

Will be really happy if he can establish himself as a first team player. One positive to take away from the game.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Maybe because for the past 2 years, Jose has been destroying his confidence.

Shaw is a FA at the end of the year, and he is playing for a contract. Here in the United States, it's not uncommon to see players play extremely well in the final year of their contract, so they get better offers when they are out of contract.

Money can be a very powerful motivator for some people.
Or, in reality... he's finally had to grow the fcuk up and take some responsibility. Jose has always shown he can manage players that needed a supportive arm. Shaw needed far more than that.

Jose has got the signs of good performance from him. Shaw has worked hard to get back In The team. They are both responsible to varying degrees.

MuFc_1992

Anyone else think Mou hugging him was less Shaw and more about Mou trying to take credit for his transformation.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Perspective. Most managers would have gotten rid of him.

Ashley R1+O

Oh my goodness how much do you feel for him ay. Finally after two years of working his balls off and getting his head down and waiting for his chance to shine he starts to blossom and the rest of the team goes to absolute shite. I'm so fecking happy for him though and I hope he continues to work hard because he's a talent and if we galvanize the season he needs to be part of that process to sure up his mentality. Chuffed for him to be honest. Love it.

Fracture90

Shaw was really amazing, he straight up bullied one of the best RB's in Trippier.

Now we know Shaw had this in him, we saw it during his Southampton days and during LVG days before the injury, why he needed this much time to show his talent is solely on Mourinho and his treatment of him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Perspective. Most managers would have gotten rid of him.
I don't know about that. I've always said when he was given game time he played well. Maybe some manager would've let him build on said performances? Maybe not. All I know was he was just never given the opportunity to keep his place in the team. Fortunately, England had a good World Cup with Young so he was afforded his opportunity and he's hopefully now going to keep his place for the foreseeable.

haram

Interview from 1:00. He's proper gutted.

From 3:00 Mourinho is praising him.
Actually looks like he really cares. Does not come across like a player belonging to a dressing room which is not behind the manager.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Started season well, think he was man of the match (redcafe one) in all 3 games. His desire even in the last few mins was very good.

Shaw is a very good footballer, (not saying LB or as a defender). His first touch and ability to carry the ball is very good. Hopefully he will keep on improving and sign new contract.

R'hllor

Maybe he plans to become free agent next year and knows that if he doesnt push hard and look decent this season, different type of clubs would come for him. Cant blame a guy, after all he had/has a 50 games a season Young in front of him.

champp1nho

MOTM three games straight. At least someones performing like a beast! Well done, very well done

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Another great performance, that moment with Jose at the end was nice also, whole game Jose was praising him for everything he did, weird turn around from what we’ve seen in previous seasons. Always believed the kid had something special, still has things he needs to work on but it was nice to see the many variations of his crossing today, still can be better. Great work tho hopefully he continues improving.
But that’s what Jose has consistently done throughout his career. Question the players commitment publicly if he thinks that it’s not getting through to them in the locker room and praises them once they’ve turned it around.

It just seems like he’s always shitting on our players because none of them really made the effort to step up until now with Shaw.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Massive respect and love to Shaw. It takes special mental strength and character to come back after all the injuries and criticism to perform like this.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I think he’s earned Mourinho’s respect. Instead of shrinking under the spotlight he’s risen to the challenge and has been Utd’s player of the month so far.

Ban

So glad for him. He decided to turn his career around and show what he's made of to the manager. And got rewarded.
No moping around and sulking, he left his heart on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.