Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grande

He did well/ok depending on the moment, honestly was surprised to see him starting given I thought Ole would go for Young over him. Looked knackered at the end though which was understandable.
I also expected Young. Having seen the game twice, I noticed he struggled at the start with keeping Silva from squaring it into the box twice, after that he improved. Him, Fred, Rasford and Maguire struggled at times with De Bruyne’s activity in the hole behind Rashford, setting up byline runs for Silva and Walker. Fred and Shaw had a much tougher job 2v3, than WB, James and McTominay at the other side, 3v2, and they did it so well after a while that De Bruyne was moved over to the left much of the second half.

I think a few misses out on the fact that Rashford is world class going forward partly because Shaw and Fred is trusted with three men’s job behind him, and manages. They are due some credit for his display.

Djemba-Djemba

Awful performance and as he has for every part of his Utd career bar that month before his big injury in 2015, he looked overweight and unfit.

The corner Everton scored from came from Shaw doing a shite lazy "clearance" that went straight to an Everton player.

His awful clearances are becoming a recurring theme each game, he seems incapable of kicking the ball away from our area with any force or direction.

Zoo

Really poor. I don’t know why he’s suddenly back as first choice again.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's just not aggressive or hard working enough to be top class.

He's always on his heels and won't run at full speed unless he's forced too. Would happily walk around the pitch.

The sooner Williams is ready the better. Think i'd prefer Ashley Young right now tbh. At least he gives his best every match.

Andersons Dietician

Here we go... great in the air, linked play, made crucial covering runs, got forward, plenty of over lapping runs or runs when he went inside the player but Unfortunatly runs ignored. He even sustained his energy levels to the 90th minute.

There are Definetly times I wish he and Bissaka would push forward a bit more as we build up but since they both do the exact same thing I’m guessing it’s by instruction.

But standard Caf have their scape goats and Shaw is one of them.

DoomSlayer

Here we go... great in the air, linked play, made crucial covering runs, got forward, plenty of over lapping runs or runs when he went inside the player but Unfortunatly runs ignored. He even sustained his energy levels to the 90th minute.

There are Definetly times I wish he and Bissaka would push forward a bit more as we build up but since they both do the exact same thing I’m guessing it’s by instruction.

He was awful. Ponders on the ball and his clearances could have cost us a lot more than it did today.

Idxomer

Totally agree. Shaw and Fred were our least frustrating players today.

Andersons Dietician

He was awful. Ponders on the ball and his clearances could have cost us a lot more than it did today.
He also saved us countless times and he had 1 bad clearance. Which was really only because McT had just had a head knock. You forgetting about him cutting out the ball across when Everton got in behind Bissaka or the headers he was winning.

He wasn’t ponderous on the ball either. You can’t just pass a ball if there is no one open to pass it to. That would just be being stupid.

kundalini

Rubbish first half. Good 2nd half including super run and fierce shot that forced a decent save.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Has been given enough chances, should go in the summer or turn him into a squad player.

Mr PG

Shaw offers nothing going forward.... that’s the problem. The lad has 0 courage. Williams is twice the player he is

Yagami

Good post resistant
Good again.

Like AWB, needs to offer more in attack, but in the build-up and defensively they were both fine.

Shaw almost created a goal with the shot of his. Shame James' shot from the rebound hit Lingard.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Shaw offers nothing going forward.... that’s the problem. The lad has 0 courage. Williams is twice the player he is
Not even close. Williams is nowhere near the Shaw at this moment. In future who knows but now...not even close

Brophs

The One and Only
Might be overly harsh but he fluffed a clearance before the goal and then stood off the winger and allowed the ball to be crossed before the corner for the goal. He’s good defensively but he needs to get closer to the winger and stop the ball at source.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Seriously? Williams had a good first two or so games (even then he wasn't really 'that' good), after that he's been shocking in his last few. Hopefully he comes good over time but he had to be taken out of the firing line after his last few shockers.

Sylar

We need more from a LB. Even if he is one of our least problematic players, for a home game like this, we need more from him given we dont really have another left footed player to go down the line.

Yakuza_devils

I'm shocked to read some of the comment here. Shaw had a good game yesterday. In fact, whenever he is fit he is a very good player. I think he was our best player last season.

The only problem he is injury prone.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think he's been smoking some of that Romero stuff... the man looks incredibly laid back at all times

El-Manos

He’s okay. You’d expect better from a united left back though. If we can upgrade next summer then we probably should. It’s not urgent however, considering we have Williams now too.

Rajma

He’s a big part of our problems both defensively and offensively, needs to be replaced badly.

criticalanalysis

I thought he had a mixed game where he shows good ability and attributes but doesn't have that clicked on for 90 mins.

I might be wrong but I do remember his poor clearance with his weaker right foot was right after a passage of play where the ball went to Everton after a poor clearance from Lindelof in a much easier circumstance.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Offer much more in attack than AWB, and just got back from long injury. His final ball was frustrating though. And the constant injury doesn't help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.