Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Come on man. You know Mourinho created more problems than he fixed. He is the main reason for the strong anti-Pogba agenda. He also tried to make the fans believe that Rashford and Martial will never be good enough.

Mourinho might have been right about Shaw all along, but his reactions and words in public were often about preserving his own reputation and CV, that's not on.
Is my point here.

As for the rest, perhaps. I’m no apologist of his per se. I’m also not one of Shaw, that’s all. The fact he’s of little use isn’t down to Jose. I suspect Jose would have preferred it if he were a really good player.

I also don’t really believe he’s the main reason so many in this country dislike Pogba either. Mourinho himself suffers from similar dislike, I doubt the masses follow him on such matters.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I can't decide if I feel for him or not.

The leg break was horrific. It's hard for anyone to come back from that.

He has also been publicly lambasted by most of his managers, and at times borderline bullied publicly by managers.

But he is the common denominator.. too many managers have criticized his work ethic. There's no smoke without fire.

I see him being in the footballing wilderness before 30.

Marcelinho87

I don't think he can overcome the injury mentally and that spells the end of his career at the top level. He will forever give little effort as his brain is wired now to avoid another injury like that.

Calling him a coward etc is out of hand though as we can't ever know the mental effects the injury had on him.

van Nistelrooy

I don't see how his leg break is the reason for his demise.

Shaw's first season at United was underwhelming to say the least and only showed glimpses of his ability for a handful of games prior to the injury.

Never been good enough. Time to cut our losses and move him on in the summer.

KennyBurner

It's pretty normal that you fill out as you get older. He's gone from 19 in 2015 to 24 now, but you get the impression he's just happy to do the absolute minimum. When he plays it's always safe.
But with all that money he should be able to afford the best fitness trainers that could get him in shape. No matter how unbothered a person is with that amount of income they should be able to hire the best advisers to guide them on whats best for their career. Its no secret that social media brand him as overweight and he knows this. So I cant understand why he hasnt taken extreme measures to cut some fat.

When you look at lukaku he had an excuse which was mourinho who made him bulk. With Shaw we are led to believe its his body type which Im struggling to accept. .

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Pre season i said a new left back would be seen as a priority come the end of the season. Only the emergence of Williams has papered over that crack.

The injury did ruin him but his lack of effort and intensity stands out.

Kostov

I remember when everyone claimed Mourinho was bullying him.
Mourinho corrected his own mistake and started playing him after the shit management he performed with persisting with Ashley Young who was comfortably worse.

Shaw should take a look Williams and hold his head in shame, if he had half his drive he would be a world class LB.

DoomSlayer

Is my point here.

As for the rest, perhaps. I’m no apologist of his per se. I’m also not one of Shaw, that’s all. The fact he’s of little use isn’t down to Jose. I suspect Jose would have preferred it if he were a really good player.

I also don’t really believe he’s the main reason so many in this country dislike Pogba either. Mourinho himself suffers from similar dislike, I doubt the masses follow him on such matters.
I figured you aren't Mourinho's fan, like me. :D

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
That PSV game ruined him, and LVG.
Playing with different managers with different styles would improve overall play and combine with experience you would only get better. Changes like that should refine someone after a certain age. You see none of it with this guy, under any manager he will run up and down and do the same thing, and then go on putting on weight then become injured. This is all on him. Sell

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
But with all that money he should be able to afford the best fitness trainers that could get him in shape. No matter how unbothered a person is with that amount of income they should be able to hire the best advisers to guide them on whats best for their career. Its no secret that social media brand him as overweight and he knows this. So I cant understand why he hasnt taken extreme measures to cut some fat.

When you look at lukaku he had an excuse which was mourinho who made him bulk. With Shaw we are led to believe its his body type which Im struggling to accept. .
Body type me arse. Mentality type is more like it.
He's a very limited player. Decent defensively fair enough but zero use going forward and that doesn't cut it in league football at the top level. A rough diamond like Williams is already showing Shaw up for what he is.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Mourinho corrected his own mistake and started playing him after the shit management he performed with persisting with Ashley Young who was comfortably worse.

Shaw should take a look Williams and hold his head in shame, if he had half his drive he would be a world class LB.
Even now, at 35 or whatever he is, Ashley Young is better than Luke Shaw.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Pre season i said a new left back would be seen as a priority come the end of the season. Only the emergence of Williams has papered over that crack.

The injury did ruin him but his lack of effort and intensity stands out.
True. On one hand you feel sorry for him because he's been shell-shocked ever since that PSV game, on the other hand he's not shown enough to overcome that scare and improve his game.

DoomSlayer

True. On one hand you feel sorry for him because he's been shell-shocked ever since that PSV game, on the other hand he's not shown enough to overcome that scare and improve his game.
I was hoping he'd do a Ramsey but it seems Shaw isn't capable of that.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I was hoping he'd do a Ramsey but it seems Shaw isn't capable of that.
Completely forgot Ramsey had that type of injury. Yeah, that comparison is spot on.
One had enough mentality to overcome it and even become a better player, the other just regressed.

Kostov

Even now, at 35 or whatever he is, Ashley Young is better than Luke Shaw.
Obviously if you think so there is no point of wasting both your and my time, discussing Ashley Young. Young was terrible, Mourinho admitted his mistake by playing Shaw instead of Young.

Jonno

Obviously if you think so there is no point of wasting both your and my time, discussing Ashley Young. Young was terrible, Mourinho admitted his mistake by playing Shaw instead of Young.
Young is fitter, less injury prone, gets up and down the pitch more, has a better finish, has a better cross.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Young was actually an excellent left back at the time, one of the best in the league, and got himself back into not only the England squad, but the England XI ahead of the World Cup. He later regressed.

Alabaster Codify7

Looks like Shaw's now a pretty expensive squad player. Williams is the much better option at the moment and probably going forward, Shaw's destined to be playing for someone like West Ham by 2022.

Kostov

Young was actually an excellent left back at the time, one of the best in the league, and got himself back into not only the England squad, but the England XI ahead of the World Cup. He later regressed.
Young was never and excellent LB, he had some very very good games I agree, scored some goals also, but he had so many absolutely shocking games in between, which was part of the problem. After that those goals and couple of dare I say inspiring games he had dried up and only the ballooned through balls, shocking crosses and shockingly bad performances in defense were there to see.

Kostov

Young is fitter, less injury prone, gets up and down the pitch more, has a better finish, has a better cross.
Young is fitter, less injury prone, gets up and down the pitch more, is shocking in attack more often, can score a goal sometimes, can cross a decent ball every 10 attempts but most often hits row Z. Young is also shockingly bad in defense and very rarely uses his brain, there for the often tried lofted through balls to the roof of the stadium.

Shaw proved to be a better option that Young, but Williams absolutely exposes him what a true LB should look like for us. And that's how the kid should be awarded, string of games while Shaw can look by from his seat.

Strats

As many others have stated, Williams looks like to be the future for as LB and Shaw just isn't good nor consistent enough.

Having AWB, Williams and Dalot(I still believe he can come good, or be a squad player at least) feels alright but we would need someone else filling the 4th spot. Do we have any other promising prospects as full backs coming up in our youth teams or do we need a new signing?

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
As many others have stated, Williams looks like to be the future for as LB and Shaw just isn't good nor consistent enough.

Having AWB, Williams and Dalot(I still believe he can come good, or be a squad player at least) feels alright but we would need someone else filling the 4th spot. Do we have any other promising prospects as full backs coming up in our youth teams or do we need a new signing?
Laird.

Djemba-Djemba

He's average, maybe below average, defensively and absolutely appalling going forward.

Plus he's always injured.

He's shite.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Did very well today I thought, showed real class on the ball.

El Jefe

Had a good game today because he had no attacking responsibility. He's a good player just shite going forward.

mu4c_20le

Thought he was our best defender in the first half, then made a couple of mistakes in the second. Not too bad for someone still strugglign for match fitness after coming back from injury.

The United

He is usually a big game player.

His problem always has been his concentration or lack of it sometimes. He has it against good players.

the chameleon

Could we keep playing him alongside Maguire going forward with Williams on the left?

I just don't think Lindelof should be playing Maguire.

I think being a centre-back might be his long-term position. He has good technical ability too to potentially play from the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.