Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Huh, AWB does not need to foul? The way he tackles carries high risk in the box. He gave away a penalty earlier just awhile ago just by doing his usual tackle thing.

Overall, Shaw is better but AWB is younger. Shaw's problem always has been his concentration. He does not lack ability to be a good full back.
You don't know what you are watching mate.

Bissaka only conceded a penalty once, his tackles has been spot on in majority game despite of making risky tackles. That's why they call him spider and difficult to get passed.

Look at image below, he committed less fouls than Shaw despite of having much more tackles.

This Season:

Last Season:

The United

You don't know what you are watching mate.

Bissaka only conceded a penalty once, his tackles has been spot on in majority game despite of making risky tackles. That's why they call him spider and difficult to get passed.

Look at image below, he committed less fouls than Shaw despite of having much more tackles.

This Season:

Last Season:

Huh? I said he does foul while tackling and it is a risk when he does it in the box. I didn't say Shaw didn't foul as much as him.

Kag

He’ll snatch a spot on the plane to the Euros this Summer. Chilwell is a lock, but Rose has been terrible and Bertrand seems to have fallen off the map.

He needs to keep it up and stay fit, though: the eternal problem.

Mickson

Not really tbh. Apart from this and Chelsea he's been as average as usual
God people have low expectations. He has been decent in defense, which he has mostly been in his career to be fair. He is still POOR going forward. [Irrelevant point] has more goals today than Shaw has in his entire career.

The United

LB position between him and Williams is good for next season. Williams becoming a first team member could be the best thing happening to Shaw and United.

The United

My thoughts too. He had a good game but I want a bit more from a fullback.
His end product needs to be improve but for this game, I believe he was instructed to stay back more since we had 2 strikers going to occupy the space up top.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Enormous improvement over the course of the past 3-4 games. What lit a fire under his ass all of a sudden?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Our current manager probably doesn't though. It's why he bought an even more limited version on the other flank.
Possibly, although I'm not sure anyone expected WanB to be quite so useless in attack for us, especially considering he was a winger and contributed more in attack for Palace than he has for us.

Devil may care

Another strong performance, he's stringing a good run of form together, probably his best at the club so far IMO.

Enormous improvement over the course of the past 3-4 games. What lit a fire under his ass all of a sudden?
Williams.

Skills

Snitch
Possibly, although I'm not sure anyone expected WanB to be quite so useless in attack for us, especially considering he was a winger and contributed more in attack for Palace than he has for us.
You should re-read his transfer thread then.

I just find it weird to be complaining that Shaws attacking contribution, when our even more expensive and shinier toy is worse at it. That to me says, the coach doesn't seem to think it's something we need. And if you think the coach has the wrong idea, then it's the Solskjaer thread you should be complaining in.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
You should re-read his transfer thread then.

I just find it weird to be complaining that Shaws attacking contribution, when our even more expensive and shinier toy is worse at it. That to me says, the coach doesn't seem to think it's something we need. And if you think the coach has the wrong idea, then it's the Solskjaer thread you should be complaining in.
Lots of people were pointing to him being a winger when the transfer was happening, and were expecting better returns than at Palace with us attacking more.

I think talking about Shaw's limitations is fine in the Shaw thread.

Ace of Spades

Shaw's problem is clearly with his delivery and ability to cross. He has been here long before Ole took the job, and his end product has been abysmal as long as he has been here. AWB is not as good with the ball at his feet, yet his crossing is much better than Shaw's. He needs to work on his crossing, his other areas of the game are all at a good level.

Still, another solid game. Just hope he can keep injury free from now on.

Andersons Dietician

I thought he got forward quite a bit. doesn‘t really ever put crosses in always tries to pick someone out with a pass or cut back. Does need to start on occasion just whipping balls in.

Should certainly have been played in more as he made some lung busting runs to get up with play and beyond in to good positions and he wasn’t found. Standard really.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Got forward, but he was never in sync with his attacker, so his movements were pointless. He spent a lot of the time near the touchline standing around, there wasn't any real thrust to his runs. He made a good pickout into Martial or Bruno, but apart from that, i can't remember him doing much. His defensive game was solid, but going forward he frustrates heavily.

el3mel

Magnificent again. He's in the form of his life at the moment. Looks a different player and he really deserved this goal for his recent performance.

admrf

Enjoying his form now, especially when attacking, just like before his horrific injury. Really happy for him to score as well.

RedIan

Lukes been outstanding for weeks. Keeping Brandon out is no mean feat,. MOTM tonight (again)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Had very good game, both in attack and defense. Hopefully his goal won't be awarded to Lingard.

RedDevilRoshi

Yet again another excellent performance. His best run of form since his horrific leg break. Long may it continue!

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I was pleased to see Shaw give more tonight. Too often he plays within himself. He's quick and also a pretty solid unit, when he drives past people he's tough to stop. He should do it more. When we're faced with a compact defence we need the full backs to make the pitch wide and help us move people about. Shaw did that today. Hopefully he continues to do so in the games coming up.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Loved his assist of Ighalo. Perfect example of how his ability to look up and pick out a pass centrally is far more effective than whipping in random crosses to no one which people are so desperate for.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Now I've said it, you will hear it whenever he speaks.

Well done Luke, yeah?.. no? :devil:
:lol:

Excellent last few games from Shaw, if he keeps this up we have one less position to be worrying about. Fair play to him.

Also I have now been told for ages that I look like him so of course I'm glad to see he's doing well :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
When he made that silly tackle for the early yellow I was thinking "oh no is the old Shaw back?!" but then he proceeded to have a MOTM performance.

He's running and overlapping SO MUCH more which makes a huge difference. A few months ago he never makes that run forward and carries the ball which gets Lingard the space to take his shot. He'd run 5 yards then turn backwards.

Really pleased with his progress, seems like the challenge from Williams has really lit a fire under him.

The pass into Ighalo is something not a lot of fullbacks have in them, he really does have a great eye for a pass, just needs to work on his crosses now.

Status
Not open for further replies.