Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Definitely a good late push for the LB spot in the England set-up.

Chilwell has better delivery all day long, but Shaw on form is a better player with his strength and ability to defend.

drdoityourself

Feel like there is a shift in his passing, maybe Bruno has brought that out in him. He's passing between the lines, maybe a bit sad but I was very impressed with a long throw-in to Fernandes into the midfield that started an attack, think it's a sign of how more confident he feels.

He's been very good defensively so when he's upping his attacking output he looks like a player we can trust going forward.

And surely he'll get the goal.

Alabaster Codify7

I don't like him but he's looked very good lately. If he can keep this up it'd give us one less headache as LB won't be necessary to look at for a while. But how many false dawns have we seen from Shaw? I've lost count. Remember the summers when his future was a bit in question, boom - videos of him back in training before everyone else, working on his shape, only to then fade into overweight obscurity again a few games into the season.

If he keeps this up until May, Fair play to him.

Devil may care

I would say he's in the best form of his United career right now, another quality performance last night.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
He was very good before that PSV defender broke his leg
Yeah he was genuinely amazing in the 9 games before that. Even looking back at the ratings from that season his avg rating is sky high, we aren't misremembering this/embellishing. In particular I remember him being superb in the 3-1 over Liverpool. So unfortunate to have gotten that injury at that time.

SirAF

Ageist
Yeah he was genuinely amazing in the 9 games before that. Even looking back at the ratings from that season his avg rating is sky high, we aren't misremembering this/embellishing. In particular I remember him being superb in the 3-1 over Liverpool. So unfortunate to have gotten that injury at that time.
Absolutely. He was on his way to become my favorite at that time before he was broken. Such a shame - I remember clearly LvG saying «This shall be the season of Luke Shaw» and it really could have been.

DoomSlayer

I love watching him play one-twos and driving with the ball on the touchline or inside.

If he does that consistently, Shaw is a world class player. His first touch is also absolutely on point, I'd say he is as good as Mata in that respect.

Stadjer

Interesting to think about how Luke Shaw would have turned out without that injury... i imagine that an injury like that has a big impact. Not only the broken leg but also the mental part.

sp_107

No doubt he is playing well and he is not our main concern now but isn't it worth replacing him with an attack minded LB rather expecting something from Shaw which is never his greatest skill.seems that Arsenal kid Sako setup and scored plenty of goals so someone in that mould could help our attacking play?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I don't like him but he's looked very good lately. If he can keep this up it'd give us one less headache as LB won't be necessary to look at for a while. But how many false dawns have we seen from Shaw? I've lost count. Remember the summers when his future was a bit in question, boom - videos of him back in training before everyone else, working on his shape, only to then fade into overweight obscurity again a few games into the season.

If he keeps this up until May, Fair play to him.
He won our player of the year just last season.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I have given Shaw so much stick, so when he's playing well I gotta hold my hands up and praise the lad. Another really, really strong showing today.

The sign of how much he's improved was that when Ole needed a solution to Mahrez he shifted Shaw from the middle to the flank. Even just a few months back that would have seemed silly. Glad to see Shaw stepping up.

MDFC Manager

I hope he donates a % of his wages to Williams, as having to fight for his place has got him to kick on.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is playing very well, hopefully he won't get injured now.

Defensively he was very good, City were looking to go at Williams, once Ole made the sub and put Shaw as LWB, he completely blocked that wing.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Playing the best football of his career, to think just a few weeks ago Brandon Williams looked the player to dislodge in defense.

marktan

Always been a fan of his, even through some dire times when a lot of the forum was against him. But I still get the feeling that he's just one mistimed run into being out for 20 games again. He's a class player, just wish he wasn't so injury prone.

vodrake

Immense again. It was noticable how mahrez got completely shut out of the game the moment that he was moved to LB after hed been their biggest threat before that

Raven

He's a monster. Physically and technically exceptional whilst reading the game so well.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Playing the best football of his career, to think just a few weeks ago Brandon Williams looked the player to dislodge in defense.
Has had a really good reaction to the challenge. Acts now like Brandon's big brother, which is great for Brandon's development too. He is great.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Think having Williams as competition has brought best out of him. Finally seeing some of his first season quality.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
He's a monster. Physically and technically exceptional whilst reading the game so well.
He is a beast, certainly never going to get bullied and if he can stay injury free we’re in for a treat because he really seems to be thriving right now. Whatever is going on in training and behind the scenes is really working for Shaw.

And like you said, he’s technically very good and so fast for a big fella.

Raven

He is a beast, certainly never going to get bullied and if he can stay injury free we’re in for a treat because he really seems to be thriving right now. Whatever is going on in training and behind the scenes is really working for Shaw.

And like you said, he’s technically very good and so fast for a big fella.
I reckon he must be one of the most difficult players in the league to play against.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I reckon he must be one of the most difficult players in the league to play against.
I agree. I would actually say that even though they aren’t maybe the best at going forward the same could be said of both of our fullbacks. I’m pretty happy with our whole back line right now. Reassuring.

Raven

I agree. I would actually say that even though they aren’t maybe the best at going forward the same could be said of both of our fullbacks. I’m pretty happy with our whole back line right now. Reassuring.
Yeah, we seem to be gearing up to have a lot of central creativity as well which will take some of the attacking workload away from the full backs.

Superunknown

Delighted with his performance today. Thought he was great to watch and looked really tough at play against. Happy for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.