Contract until: 30.06.2023
Contract option: Club option 1 year
Date of last contract extension: Oct 18, 2018
Outfitter: Adidas​

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Luke "pretty boy" Shaw, a man once so fat that gravy came out when he went for surgery; has returned to training looking lean and mean. Although not literally, because he's still quite pretty and dopey looking. He won players' player of the year last season, and carries the ball forward as well as anyone in the squad. If he can improve his final ball, he will be one of the best left backs in the league.

dutchred

I wonder if we can try him as a left centre back alongside Lindelof and but someone like Tierney as a left back.
Shaw is not best at getting forward but is a good defender and has good dirtibution
Just a thought

Oldyella

I wonder if we can try him as a left centre back alongside Lindelof and but someone like Tierney as a left back.
Shaw is not best at getting forward but is a good defender and has good dirtibution
Just a thought
Also very good in the air. Don't think we will but it's not the worst idea ever.

Yep typical shite stirring Luckhurst article
Not sure if I'm just imagining it but it feels like he's constantly at this now.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He did have strapping around his knee in every pre season pic. Hopefully nothing much, but 1 season of staying fit after 4 riddled by injury isn't enough still. Especially when he has a lot of quality questions to answer.

Personally, I'd still sign Tierney for £25m and be done with it before someone else snaps him up. Let them fight it out like AWB/Dalot will in the next few years I'd presume, but think theres gonna be a clear winner for both (AWB/Tierney).

Andersons Dietician

Ole was just saying it was a precaution as Shaw felt a tightness somewhere. You could see as soon as he started that sprint he wasn’t comfortable. Probably just muscle fatigue from all the cumalitive work they’ve been doing pre season.

Andersons Dietician

Whatever injury he had surely wasn’t hamstring or he’d be out longer?
He felt a tightness in his hamstring due to muscle fatigue. It wasn’t an injury, he was taken out as a precaution and rested.

Thought he was another that played well today. It’s a shame that disguised pass to Martial was blocked as it would have been a great bit of play from both. Got in good attacking positions to boot.

kiristao

He has a very good understanding with Martial and is quite effective going forward.
What he needs to improve is blocking the crosses from coming in. He stays so far back from the winger to make sure he doesn't go past him that he is never in a position to block the cross from coming in.

United Roar

Sick and tired of him stinking the place out. He should be binned before the window closes like on the TV show Golden Balls.

He's like a Rabbit caught in the headlights you can count on one hand how many good performances he's had. He's getting the sympathy vote like on X Factor where the bad acts get voted back in week after week, he would win BGT with his sob story alone.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Sick and tired of him stinking the place out. He should be binned before the window closes like on the TV show Golden Balls.

He's like a Rabbit caught in the headlights you can count on one hand how many good performances he's had. He's getting the sympathy vote like on X Factor where the bad acts get voted back in week after week, he would win BGT with his sob story alone.
Texto blanco?

Eric's Seagull

Just a thought
Really hoping we sign Tierney next summer. Hopefully Celtic tell Arsenal to feck off for making derogotary offers :D

DoomSlayer

If they didn't acknowledge this at a club the size of United I'd be terrified
Yeah, but the players could have been saying the usual robotic stuff that they are trained to. Talking directly about the situation and showing ambition to fight them is good to hear.

Stacks

Yeah, but the players could have been saying the usual robotic stuff that they are trained to. Talking directly about the situation and showing ambition to fight them is good to hear.
Isn't this the usual robotic stuff they have been saying for years though? and also after every loss? We as fans need to learn to ignore the lip service and study their contributions on the pitch because they are of course media trained to "talk the talk" yet these sets of players have averaged a 6th placed finish for 6 years. Also why is it only now they have got "fitter" or "stronger?" Did they not have that desire or expectation upon coming to United in the first place like say Cristiano who makes himself super fit so he can perform at the top level for longer. They are class clowns until they actually deliver on the pitch. Sorry if I sound negative but I've heard this and seen this all before. every season "Luke Shaw is training early to get fit for the new season"

Alabaster Codify7

Same bollocks they all come out with after a defeat.

Let's wait and see if they actually walk the walk. I'm expecting Mata's feel-good blog/tweets to be aired after game #2 (Wolves away.) We'll lose that.

romufc

So you want to bin probably the most suited LB we have for whom exactly?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Isn't this the usual robotic stuff they have been saying for years though? and also after every loss? We as fans need to learn to ignore the lip service and study their contributions on the pitch because they are of course media trained to "talk the talk" yet these sets of players have averaged a 6th placed finish for 6 years. Also why is it only now they have got "fitter" or "stronger?" Did they not have that desire or expectation upon coming to United in the first place like say Cristiano who makes himself super fit so he can perform at the top level for longer. They are class clowns until they actually deliver on the pitch. Sorry if I sound negative but I've heard this and seen this all before. every season "Luke Shaw is training early to get fit for the new season"
Same bollocks they all come out with after a defeat.

Let's wait and see if they actually walk the walk. I'm expecting Mata's feel-good blog/tweets to be aired after game #2 (Wolves away.) We'll lose that.
You should read the whole interview. He talks about specific things we’re trying to do differently (press high, play out from the back) and how well they’re working in pre-season. So no, this isn’t just the usual guff we’ve heard after every defeat.

Stacks

You should read the whole interview. He talks about specific things we’re trying to do differently (press high, play out from the back) and how well they’re working in pre-season. So no, this isn’t just the usual guff we’ve heard after every defeat.
we were playing out from the back under Van Gaal and it is difficult with out good receivers in midfield or technically competent defenders. I am also curious to see whether Lukaku and the likes of Martial ideal players for the high press, but obviously hopeful.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
we were playing out from the back under Van Gaal and it is difficult with out good receivers in midfield or technically competent defenders. I am also curious to see whether Lukaku and the likes of Martial ideal players for the high press, but obviously hopeful.
We were and it’s good to see us doing it again. Having Lindelof and (hopefully) Maguire in central defence definitely helps. As does having two decent full-backs.

The Mourinho hoof-ball will not be missed.

AlexUTD

Player of the year stinking the place out?
:lol:

Stacks

We were and it’s good to see us doing it again. Having Lindelof and (hopefully) Maguire in central defence definitely helps. As does having two decent full-backs.

The Mourinho hoof-ball will not be missed.
yeah. it sounds a bit cliche but its about finding that balance. I don't know if us playing high up is ideal for similar reason Klopp had to adjust his tactics; his team were not technical or creative enough to break teams down who sit deep or are have many players by their own box. we noticed it a bit when we had inter around their own box. It might be ideal to be a bit deeper and exploit the space created in behind as Martial and Rashford are quick. PP can knock the direct balls over the defence and AWB can also run in behind a FB

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
yeah. it sounds a bit cliche but its about finding that balance. I don't know if us playing high up is ideal for similar reason Klopp had to adjust his tactics; his team were not technical or creative enough to break teams down who sit deep or are have many players by their own box. we noticed it a bit when we had inter around their own box. It might be ideal to be a bit deeper and exploit the space created in behind as Martial and Rashford are quick. PP can knock the direct balls over the defence and AWB can also run in behind a FB
Yeah, definitely. We do need to be adaptable. I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to football, so it just takes one good performance for me to be thinking all is well with the world. I do think the way we dominate Inter (and Leeds) so completely is very encouraging but we've much much tougher challenges ahead. Whatever happens, I definitely enjoy watching this high pressing, passing out from the back brand of football.

Patrick08

Hasn't look sharp to me all preseason despite losing weight. Not enough attacking threat, and defensively too lets the crosses come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.