Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OoopsMisclick

There was a point in the match where everybody was sprinting back and he was just jogging back.
He ain't good enough in my opinion. Doesn't offer much in attack, switches off too much for a fullback.

I hope we get some competition in next year.

worldinmotion66

So frustrating seeing him look to pass backwards as his first option. Seriously lacking confidence, maybe a result of the way Mourinho managed him. Perhaps it's just fitness?

RedStarUnited

There is a serious underrating of adama I here. Admittedly he is wank production wise but will rings around most full backs in the league and he wasn't destroying Shaw only there was Maguire and mctominay trying to help and failing too
Im not even here to complain about his defending. But boy every time he has the ball he was negative in the second half.

Kostov

Apparently our attack is suffering due to Luke Shaw. Someone would think playing a useless guy at number 10, would be that reason.

izec

Wan Bissaka is a better attacking and defending fullback. Shaw is just average in every department. A proper offensive LB with some decent defensive qualities would be like night and day. He is so bad going forward, it hurts

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Cowardly play with little to no attacking intent. Defensively terrible too against a one trick pony.

Wan Bissaka is a better attacking and defending fullback. Shaw is just average in every department. A proper offensive LB with some decent defensive qualities would be like night and day. He is so bad going forward, it hurts
Yet the opportunity for our goal was a direct result of him going forward...

izec

Yet the opportunity for our goal was a direct result of him going forward...
And a better fullback wouldnt do it just once in a game. Imagine someone bombing down that left flank for the whole of the second half when we are chasing a goal. Someone that can cross, pass and dribble...yeah i know, pretty hard since Evra left. His last shot of the game really sums him up as a player, a save average shot to the middle of the goal.

luke511

He was moving in slow motion in that second half, stuck out big time.

Andersons Dietician

Can’t believe what I’m reading in here. He was good today got beaten twice by the sprinter then tucked in to CB to cover Maguire who had gone to close Traore down. Something that he does often. It’s a joke how little people are aware of the things that are happening on a football pitch.

Reading all this rubbish about poor quality on the ball. Did you guys go and make a cup of tea when he was having all those intricate passing moments in the final 3rd? This thread is a joke.

jungledrums

It's scary how putting on a meme bodybuilder with pace against him makes him look like he's started playing football yesterday.
To be fair, as rubbish as Traore is, there’s basically no better winger one on one in the premier league. He’s an awful footballer, but he’s lightning and basically betters every fullback one on one (for all the good that does him).

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
This is a real worry. Hes not a good defender. Adds nothing to attack.
Thought he would make it but the more I observe him the more I worry.
Hes been poor both games so far. I'd be scouting for a left back if I were olè.

Shaw isnt good enough.

mad1max954

Doesn’t run! Rarely offers himself with the over/ under lap.

Maybe it’s fitness maybe he just doesn’t get it

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I'm afraid that Shaw has become the whipping boy for the trolls on here, he was almost level with Martial when he scored, made several good runs down the left side, won some good headers, made several good interceptions, and didn't just hoof the ball forward when the forward players were tightly marked, he has McTominay on his side of the pitch, who is not used to playing on the left, and finally had a very good effort on goal right at the death. Traore is always a handful for any full back, fortunately for Wolves opponents, his final ball, or shot is normally poor.

Ollie Derbyshire

Is Shaw the new scapegoat?
Defence played well today as unit I thought. Only two chances given up and both excellent efforts. Don’t remember seeing much help down his side when Adama came on even though everyone knows he’s got electric pace and is very strong.

We replaced two bigger issues in the back line in the summer, Shaw isn’t a problem, we have bigger concerns further up the pitch to sort out first.

And a better fullback wouldnt do it just once in a game. Imagine someone bombing down that left flank for the whole of the second half when we are chasing a goal. Someone that can cross, pass and dribble...yeah i know, pretty hard since Evra left
He was up against the fastest player in the league. It was good tactics by Wolves. We are most dangerous down our left so to pin us back they bring on an absolutely rapid player with fresh legs to run at our left back and tire him out. It worked, and there's no left back in world football who would have been any different.

flappyjay

I'm afraid that Shaw has become the whipping boy for the trolls on here, he was almost level with Martial when he scored, made several good runs down the left side, won some good headers, made several good interceptions, and didn't just hoof the ball forward when the forward players were tightly marked, he has McTominay on his side of the pitch, who is not used to playing on the left, and finally had a very good effort on goal right at the death. Traore is always a handful for any full back, fortunately for Wolves opponents, his final ball, or shot is normally poor.
Stop speaking sense. Seriously we have much bigger problems in midfield and rw.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Did well for Martial's goal with that run. He doesn't do enough of the stuff that makes me enjoyable to watch though.

Jacob

Far from our most urgent problem to fix. With a better midfield he will have the confidence to offer more attacking wise.

R'hllor

Not sure we would even know how to play with attacking full backs, when you watch some other teams and the runs their full backs makes and play in those triangles, they look like aliens.

Mainoldo

Apparently our attack is suffering due to Luke Shaw. Someone would think playing a useless guy at number 10, would be that reason.
How many assists do Henderson; Fabinho and Milner have. The answer is in why Shaw ruins our attacks.

Ekeke

How many assists do Henderson; Fabinho and Milner have. The answer is in why Shaw ruins our attacks.
Yeah he ruins our attacks, like he ruined the only goal we scored with hard running to create space that Martial converted into a goal :lol:

arnie_ni

There was a point in the match where everybody was sprinting back and he was just jogging back.
He ain't good enough in my opinion. Doesn't offer much in attack, switches off too much for a fullback.

I hope we get some competition in next year.
If your going to single that out you need to single out the time james got clattered and the ref didnt give a fk, they set of on a counter and shaw sprinted from their box to our box to get in at the back post and force dedonker to smash it over the bar.

Easy goal if he doesnt get back.

sammyhol

He is still overweight. He isn't fat clearly, but carrying far too much bulk to be nimble enough to change direction quickly enough in defence or attack.

I don't buy the stocky argument. If he is prone to weight gain, he should have his weight managed. Putting on a shed load of muscle to compensate doesn't solve anything. The situation is no difference to Lukaku. Looked twice the played before he bulked up.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Having a go at Shaw...he was at it the whole game. Rashford doesn't do the same defensive work as whoever is on the right, probably because he's been instructed to stay a bit more forward, so you have him having to defend frequently on his own. In the 2nd half you have Traore coming on, a player who's single quality is being quick and tough to deal with 1v1 and Shaw did well dealing with him and naturally that sub made it so he couldn't commit himself going forward with the same intensity as he did in the first half.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Can’t believe what I’m reading in here. He was good today got beaten twice by the sprinter then tucked in to CB to cover Maguire who had gone to close Traore down. Something that he does often. It’s a joke how little people are aware of the things that are happening on a football pitch.

Reading all this rubbish about poor quality on the ball. Did you guys go and make a cup of tea when he was having all those intricate passing moments in the final 3rd? This thread is a joke.
Agreed.
Should have buried that last chance.
Yeah, but I don't think it would've counted anyway, right? The ref had already blown his whistle for something.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Seem to be going against the grain here but thought he defended very well tonight and made himself a good option in attack more than once. He did get rinsed by Adama initially but as the game wore on I think he handled it well, to be fair Adama's not much of a threat anyway.

knot_buzz

I don't understand the hate i thought he played well was always looking for the overlap and made some good tackles.

For large parts of the second half he was getting no help on the left.

Devil may care

He started the game brightly and played a good part in our goal, but he faded as the game went on and he looks pedestrian compared to AWB on the other side, he also got rinsed a few times by that Adama kid.

SambaBoy

Thought he started brightly and actually looked to get forward at every opportunity. Not sure what happened in the 2nd half but he reverted back to his recent self, turning backwards as soon as he receives the ball, not supporting the attack etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.