Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
I wonder if he would be a possible longer term candidate for a LCB if we persist with 3 at the back. An option to consider at least.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I wonder if he would be a possible longer term candidate for a LCB if we persist with 3 at the back. An option to consider at least.
I've always said he'd be better as a LCB in a back 3. He's actually pretty good defensively imo and has very good pace and can pass the ball well. He's just inconsistent in the final third, but he was always that way back when he was at Southampton.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He already has enough positioning problems at the side. Sticking on the center won't give him any help. But that's only my opinion.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I've always said he'd be better as a LCB in a back 3. He's actually pretty good defensively imo and has very good pace and can pass the ball well. He's just inconsistent in the final third, but he was always that way back when he was at Southampton.
I genuinely think he would make a great LCM. He's strong, accelerates quick, runs with the ball, passes well and is good at standing tackles.

Didn't realise he'd missed so many games. This really isn't acceptable, LB signing in Jan or the summer is completely necessary.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Didn't realise he'd missed so many games. This really isn't acceptable, LB signing in Jan or the summer is completely necessary.
It isn't ideal, but how many of those games missed were due to his unfortunate injury against PSV that kept him out for around a year?

arthurka

It isn't ideal, but how many of those games missed were due to his unfortunate injury against PSV that kept him out for around a year?
This amounts to almost 3 whole PL seasons missed. He is out every season for at least 3 months.

Last edited:

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Don't worry, he'll be fit again at the end of his 5-year contract and we'll probably hand him a new deal because we're too lazy to search for anybody else. It's crazy when you think about it. I mean, more than one managers have talked about his fitness issues, he's been available in 1/3 PL matches before & after his injury and he "suddenly" gets his act together when his contract is about to expire (29 league appearances last season). Not to mention, as you say, that his replacements are Young, Dalot and a kid from the academy.

Yagami

Good post resistant
This amounts to almost 3 while PL sessions missed. He is out every season for at least 3 months.
For what it's worth, I'm not trying to make it seem like his consistent injuries aren't an issue because, even as someone who still rates him, I agree with everyone saying we can't just sit here and accept this considering he's our only real LB. I was just genuinely curious.

Hambley

He simply doesn't suit the premier league and should overthink if it has any sense for him to stay in England or to move somewhere else (Italy, Germany...). PL's tempo is apparently not for him. Reliance on him is ridiculous for the club who intends to fight for trophy and be constantly on the top level. Get rid of him and move further.

Andersons Dietician

51 of those are from the leg break which was 288 days to recover. However on the way back from that you’re going to pick up injuries as you adjust.

After that he had a foot injury and a groin injury which kept him out for a combined 25 games 16/17. Last season he missed 2 games to a concussion but other than that from what I can see he was fit the whole season.

His injuries are blown out of proportion due to how long he was out with the leg break. Now I don’t know what people were expecting here but if you tear your hamstring it takes a while to heal and then you have to give it time so it doesn’t just re-tear as soon as you blast out your first full sprint.

just by comparison so from after the lay off from leg break in the same period of time Kieran Tierney has missed almost double the amount of games that Shaw has.

Adam-Utd

It was just a hamstring injury wasn't it? usually they take 4 weeks but he's been out ages. Seems a slow recover.

I think he'll be done as a professional footballer by 30 years old.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It was just a hamstring injury wasn't it? usually they take 4 weeks but he's been out ages. Seems a slow recover.

I think he'll be done as a professional footballer by 30 years old.
Might've been a tear rather than a pull which can take a few months to heal.

romufc

I find this a very frustrating thing about Ole. He never seems to give the fans a proper answer on injuries.

Martial, Pogba, Shaw, Gomes... to name a few.

Adam-Utd

I guess it must have been. He seemed to walk off OK which is a bit strange with these type of injuries, it just seems like he takes forever to come back from any injury.

romufc

I guess it must have been. He seemed to walk off OK which is a bit strange with these type of injuries, it just seems like he takes forever to come back from any injury.
Even longer to get his confidence back when on the pitch.

SAFMUTD

When he’s fit he’s really good at defending the problem is he gets injured way to often so between the time he loses being injured and recovering fitness we don’t have a proper LB at the team.

Personally I think we should get rid of all the cristal players like Shaw, Bailly, Jones, Rojo they seem to be always unavailable due to injuries or fitness problems.

romufc

When he’s fit he’s really good at defending the problem is he gets injured way to often so between the time he loses being injured and recovering fitness we don’t have a proper LB at the team.

Personally I think we should get rid of all the cristal players like Shaw, Bailly, Jones, Rojo they seem to be always unavailable due to injuries or fitness problems.
Agreed, even if we think they can do well, there is no point in hoping. I would rather have players who will be robust, at least you can count on them.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I like Shaw, and when fit is an extremely good player, kept Salah quiet in last season's match v Liverpool at OT for example, but it does concern me, the number of matches he misses due to injury. Not sure when his contract runs to, but he really needs a long run in the team with no injuries. With Williams and Young as backups, he should be able to get a rest now and again.

Mickson

I like Shaw, and when fit is an extremely good player, kept Salah quiet in last season's match v Liverpool at OT for example, but it does concern me, the number of matches he misses due to injury. Not sure when his contract runs to, but he really needs a long run in the team with no injuries. With Williams and Young as backups, he should be able to get a rest now and again.
He's nowhere near an "extremely good player".

When is he back, it must be a serious injury not to play for 2 months
After the international break. However, I wouldn't hold my breath. He was supposed to be out for five weeks, he's been out for nine weeks now and counting.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
With AWB on one side, would rather prefer Williams on left for his attacking ability.

Classical Mechanic

I didn't realise that his appearance record for us was so bad. In the PL its been 16,5,11,11 & 29 apps. Only in one season out of five has he appeared in more than 50% of games for us.

StrettyEnder07

Anybody have an actual time frame on when this helmet is supposed to be back, would seriously cut our losses in the summer.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I didn't realise that his appearance record for us was so bad. In the PL its been 16,5,11,11 & 29 apps. Only in one season out of five has he appeared in more than 50% of games for us.
thats a dreadful stat

Could be time to get rid.

Why are we so unlucky with injuries for years now

Based Adnan

We won't sell him because we gave him an absolutely ridiculous contract that no-one will be willing to take him on as he's a sick note. Because we can't sell him we won't buy another LB because our owners will point to the significant outlay on Shaw's contract.

William's is our only hope

DoomSlayer

I can't believe he is still not back. I was always a big fan, but this has to be Shaw's last season without competition for a starting position, unless he plays consistently for the rest of the season and provides high level performances. We can't afford to constantly miss our supposed main LB from the first 11.

If Williams continues to impress and impose himself into games, then we might not need to buy a new player. but the issue needs to be addressed otherwise.

iKeano

Genuinely forgot Dalot was a Utd player.

These guys just spend their days chilling in Dubai wondering how they're gonna spend all their cash. Insane.

RedDevil@84

Still living on that legendary 7 games before the injury. Get him fit and sell him for whatever we can get. No competition for years and still cant hold on to the position.

Alabaster Codify7

We won't sell him because we gave him an absolutely ridiculous contract that no-one will be willing to take him on as he's a sick note. Because we can't sell him we won't buy another LB because our owners will point to the significant outlay on Shaw's contract.

William's is our only hope
Yep. Before this season I said we're going into every season with Young as our LB by default because you know Shaw will miss half a season at least some way or another.

Williams has been a godsend so far, I'd do everything I could to get rid of Shaw. He isn't even very good.

romufc

Yep. Before this season I said we're going into every season with Young as our LB by default because you know Shaw will miss half a season at least some way or another.

Williams has been a godsend so far, I'd do everything I could to get rid of Shaw. He isn't even very good.
Luke Shaw when is fit and playing well is decent, a good LB.

the problem is that he is not going to play a whole season. We are not going to get rid because he is on 200k a week.

zenith

Shaw is lucky in that he is better than the alternatives we have at hand and we have so many other priorities to address in the transfer market with a budget constraint.

He'd have been shipped out by now, had it not been for those factors.

Alabaster Codify7

Luke Shaw when is fit and playing well is decent, a good LB.

the problem is that he is not going to play a whole season. We are not going to get rid because he is on 200k a week.

He's decent-good defensively and awful going forward. That isn't a good LB for me, it's a half-good LB. Add in his injury record and he becomes a below average LB based on being completely unreliable.

200k a week is amazing. This club is fecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.